Opposition Debate - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opposition Debate

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed a wee shift to the right with Sturgeon on immigration, Scottish Greens picked up on it on Twitter as well... Accidental wording?

SNP pledges on immigation:

• Immigration rules need changing to suit Scotland’s economy
  • Wants international graduates from Scots universities to be able to work in Scotland for an agreed period
  • Best way forward is an independent Scotland with a points-based entry system

It hasn't just come out of nowhere.

Yes I am a bit confused re Nicolas strategy as well but I assume she is well rehearsed. Ed though also does seem to be very strongly anti-SNP, quite barbed at times.

I know its a game but a hell of a risky one.

Ultimately she had to play that way tonight. Nothing to gain holing Milliband below the waterline, if she had damaged him tonight, Cameron would have gained. Much better to say, you arent that bad but you could be so much better with us. Gives SNP the higher ground.

Looking forward to the right wing press going apoplectic on this.

Humza being treated disgracefully there ..

The reporter (John Pienaar ?) is a little too rushed, distracted and often rude tonight trying to get around his interviews - especially with Humza as you say.

Don't ask someone a question and then cut him off halfway through.

Thought Sturgeon was magnificent tonight. Absolutely bitchslapped Adolf Farage in particular.

Says it all for me when they interviewed that Essex bloke in the spin room afterwards - you could tell he was wowed by Nicola and sounded pissed off he couldn't vote for her. In contrast, the wee Tory voting Mrs Merton look alike that stood alongside him couldn't hide her hatred for the SNP. 'Awful, aggressive'. Aye right your are then.

Three weeks to go, and I'll bet this will have added a few thousand more members to the cause. And hopefully pushed SLAB further into the abyss.

A good night for the SNP, I feel.

These debates have been manna from heaven for the SNP.

They give Nicola the chance to assert herself on a national stage and she's doing it brilliantly.

The Daily Telegraph...who hate the SNP more than a 5 year old hates broccoli.....rated her 9/10 tonight and made her the clear winner.