Miliband, Future Pm? Dear God.... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Miliband, Future Pm? Dear God....

I could foresee a situation where Milliband is replaced by someone else as Labour leader, because he simply is not PM material and will wilt under pressure. Remember that Labour is all about backstabbing and manoeuvring for power - you can bet that there will be Labourites ready to topple Milliband if he flops. I can also see a possibility of a Tory-Labour national government, anathema as that may seem to many - would be great for the independence movement though.

If Labour lose by more than 25 seats to Tories, can see them abstaining in a queens speech vote, they may see it as too much of a risk for RUK if they tried to form a government at that kind of numbers. If they did, they would be completely finished in Scotland. Letting Tories rule is just simply a no go area in Scotland. Could see defections or indeed a new truly Scottish Labour Party born out of that one.

I think Burnham will be the next leader although when I was recently down in London, heard the idea of Ummana as potential with Labour running it as "an Obamma" like campaign next time around.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it'll be interesting to see how she plays it, she needs to make Ed appear unelectable in Scotland but not so in England...

Sturgeon performs best when she speaks honestly. Voters respect her for it.

Too much emphasis on "playing the game" in this Union, rather than coming up with sensible ideas and solutions.

Edited by Doakes

Realistically, it's the only option available. If she did any deal with the Tories, it would affect the SNP for a generation (at least).

I'd take Cameron over Milliband any day, but such is the body politik, Milliband's all Nicola's realistically got. It's no her fault he's an Elmer.

How about Labour form a government and then very quickly perform a coup d'état relatively quickly? Are there any hard hitters in the Labour Party?

The fact I'm asking this troubles me.

J

That videos about 3 or 4 years old now. He's much improved and a PM we can all be proud of.

:-))

He's definitely improved, but he's not even close to being Prime Minister material never mind someone we can all be proud of. I want Labour to lead the next government but by f***, there's a real danger Miliband could finish Labour off. If makes a Noel Hunt of this, and there's a good chance he will, we'll be looking at a Tory majority in 2020. If Labour want to win back credibility, they need a rock solid five years. This isn't Tony Blair and New Labour rolling into town with the electorate pig sick of the Tories. The trajectory of English politics is right - and a poor Labour government will increase the momentum.

Not quite. It also stressed that Sturgeon would be a target too, having been seen by many to have done so well in the first debate. She'll need to be on top form, I suspect that she could be on the end of some nasty stuff. Be interesting to see how impartially it is moderated, don't know the format. Milliband is in an awkward spot as he has to get the balance right between appearing all cuddly and moderate for Middle England, while at the same time not looking like a Tory-lite cockwomble to voters in Scotland where the branch office is in crisis.

Yes I should have said 'mostly' rather than 'almost entirely'. SNP maybe got a "Scottish 8.5%" of the airtime. Which was denied to the other three candidates.

• 2 weeks later...

I would rather have cameron than milliband at leadt we know what to expect from cameron

I would rather it would be neither of the two of them .... I would much rather we had independence from this Westminster freakshow

Scoring own goals. A complicit media is required for him to get away with his spinning, and at last some of them are noticing that he's at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQzkwAhTvgg

Do you think the tide is turning? People in the media thought he was a winner and were happy to indulge and get on the good side of the man of the moment...

Meanwhile, he has allegedly started blaming his predecessors

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/scotland/article4423642.ece

(at leasty as can be seen from the first couple of paragraphs)