Wigan Get Rid Of Malky - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wigan Get Rid Of Malky

That division is mental. No doubt Mackay hasn't set the heather on fire there and Wigan are fast heading towards relegation, but the reckless sacking of managers in that league is just bizarre.

I think I heard that if Brentford get promoted this season their manager will get sacked!!! Please tell me I've got that wrong!

He's definitely offski at the end of the season but think its because of differences with the board.

He deserved the sack as results have been deplorable, Wigan were too hasty getting rid of Rosler in the first place.

However, still find it laughable that people say MacKay should be unemployable whilst insisting that Ched Evans should walk back into football. Double-standards.

However, still find it laughable that people say MacKay should be unemployable whilst insisting that Ched Evans should walk back into football. Double-standards.

Who has done this?

Quite a few people when MacKay was appointed and when the Evans story was ongoing.

I see.

I wouldn't want McKay as manager of my club and nor would i want Evans playing for it. I'd defend both their rights to seek employment though.

It's perfectly possible to respect someone's right to pursue a career, while also being critical of a club who employs either of them.

I see.

I wouldn't want McKay as manager of my club and nor would i want Evans playing for it. I'd defend both their rights to seek employment though.

It's perfectly possible to respect someone's right to pursue a career, while also being critical of a club who employs either of them.

I'm the same. Evans has served his time for his crime (the actual length of the term served is another matter...) and is as entitled to resume his life and career as anyone else who has done time. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club though. I do find the with hunt and hounding of clubs who were considering taking a chance on him quite distasteful however.

I'm the same. Evans has served his time for his crime (the actual length of the term served is another matter...) and is as entitled to resume his life and career as anyone else who has done time. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my club though. I do find the with hunt and hounding of clubs who were considering taking a chance on him quite distasteful however.

If he'd shown some remorse, it may have been a bit different, but then he doesn't think he thinks he was guilty, so it's a bit of a tricky one.

People love to get on their high horse about something.

Certain charities seem to have folk whose job it is to jump on these things and create a circus.

Without wanting to open up this debate nor express any particular view on it, thats not strictly true. He has served the bit of time that required him to be behind bars, but is still serving his sentence (albeit on licence), something I suspect has made a difference behind the scenes.

As for Mackay, I suspect he took what he must have realised was a poison chalice to try & re-establish his reputation. Wigan have been dire all season but still have a half decent squad on paper with a significant amount of Premier League & Championship experience starting for them. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes there but I presume he must have thought he could turn it around with those players & make himself employable again. His currency has crashed spectacularly though in less than a year.