Charlie Adam - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great goal. I've been one of his more vocal critics, especially for his perceived lack of effort in a Scotland shirt. Met him last year and it changed my opinion of him. If he was to find a bit of consistent form it would be good to see him back, as he has bags of talent.

A long way from that just now though, hopefully yesterday will see him start to play regularly at his club again

nothing perceived about him giving up the track back on bale, allowing him to score in 2-1 game

nothing perceived about him giving up the track back on bale, allowing him to score in 2-1 game

Aye I agree with you. What I meant was that any time I seen him in a Scotland shirt he didn't look like he was all that arsed about it. Having spoken to him that is definitely not the case.

Jamie Carragher been having a pop at him. Says he used to try it 2/3 times a game and he (Carragher) would "just look at the bench and say will you take this guy of" and that he must of tried it 2 or three hundred times in his career so he was bound to score one eventually.

I wonder if his bad games for Scotland have coensided with bad runs of form for his club? As to his running he is the type of person who can't run distances but can do lots of sprints a bit like what rugby players used to be like. I remember him when he played for Blackpool he ran half the pitch but by the time he got to the by line he was knackered and jokingly tried to get a free kick. Luckely both the ref and the defender seen the joke and just had a laugh with him about it

Speaking of crouch, one of the more likeable English footballers. On goals on Sunday and seems very down to earth.

Classic quote from Crouch when he was asked if he wasn't a footballer, what would he be ?

His reply "a virgin". :-))

Speaking of crouch, one of the more likeable English footballers. On goals on Sunday and seems very down to earth.

good to hear him say that he wasn't very good with his head and had to go and work on it. I saw his QPR debut v Spurs in a pre season game in 2000 and Stephen Carr beat him in the air for every ball. I thought he would never make it. A bit of work on his weaknesses. I wish S Fletcher Would go work on his right foot.

Classic quote from Crouch when he was asked if he wasn't a footballer, what would he be ?

His reply "a virgin". :-))

Quality response. He seems like a reasonably smart guy too. His missus isn't too shabby either but she's murder when she talks. ?

Before Adam ####ed up against Wales away, he provided one of the best assists I have seen for Fletcher to score and the ref (wrongly) chalked it off. That would have put us 2-0 up that night and we might have had a different future with Avril hanging on. :yikes3:

Edited by giblet

He's a rich mans Gary Harkins!

:lol:

Michael Owen wasn't too impressed with his goal.

Don't really see his point? At least Mcmanaman called him out on it.

If i could run faster and play football better, I could've played for liverpool and Real Madrid...

The guy has a powerful and accurate shot on him, that is a talent. There's many things he doesn't have in his game, but he can strike a ball, and that was an amazing hit!

He's a rich mans Gary Harkins!

:lol:

Michael Owen wasn't too impressed with his goal.

Don't really see his point? At least Mcmanaman called him out on it.

If i could run faster and play football better, I could've played for liverpool and Real Madrid...

The guy has a powerful and accurate shot on him, that is a talent. There's many things he doesn't have in his game, but he can strike a ball, and that was an amazing hit!

What a bitter wee ##### Owen is there.

I always thought he he a decent guy but that was pretty poor from him.