Ireland V Poland -- What Do We Want? - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland V Poland -- What Do We Want?

JagDude

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoolahan will be 33 in june and has played for shelbourn, livi, blackpool and norwich if he is a key man for ireland and is someone to greatly worry us we might as well forget going to face the likes of pogba and iniesta next summer.

the ball will be getting shelled into the box in june with ireland looking for the second ball

PUNT ;-)

Didnt realise the Scotland players played for europes top clubs!

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/mar/30/premier-league-stats-chelsea-manchester-united#comment-49662769

Think Johnny Walters is being done a serious disservice those who don’t think he would p!ss in to our starting XI. When Pulis left Stoke a section of fans thought that was the end of him but he’s a regular for Hughes too in a Top 10 side playing more technically astute football. He’d be better up top than Fletcher as simply scores more goals and doesn’t waste many chances as per link. He’d be used more often than Maloney behind the front man as we’d be guaranteed a 7/10 performance every game and his engine means he can drop back in to midfield no meither. He would also be selectable on the wings as his tracking back is exemplary, would offer height in a small team and would actually get in the box when we attacked. This season has also shown he can play two touch as he was forming a very sexy Beauty and the Beast partnership with Bojan.

As has been said, both teams are a much of a muchness.

Any result is possible.

However no reason for Scotland to fear this game. And a win will effectively kill Ireland off, and virtually guarantee us at least 3rd.

Huge game, looking forward to it immensely.

10 weeks Saturday!

J

I think a draw in Dublin would be a great result for us and would make it very difficult for Ireland to qualify. Dropping 7 points in 3 games and 4 in 2 home games would make it tough For them. It's going to be a very nervous occasion for both sets of fans.

hoolahan will be 33 in june and has played for shelbourn, livi, blackpool and norwich if he is a key man for ireland and is someone to greatly worry us we might as well forget going to face the likes of pogba and iniesta next summer.

the ball will be getting shelled into the box in june with ireland looking for the second ball

PUNT ;-)

I must missed something over the weekend, never realised all the Scottish players were playing for the top teams in Europe.

Let's hope hoolahan is fit in June and the Scottish players have same opinion of him as you do. That way he can show you exactly what he learnt playing for these small time clubs ;)

I must missed something over the weekend, never realised all the Scottish players were playing for the top teams in Europe.

Let's hope hoolahan is fit in June and the Scottish players have same opinion of him as you do. That way he can show you exactly what he learnt playing for these small time clubs ;)

I don't generally watch other football apart from the two teams I support, Falkirk and Scotland.

I saw Hoolihan play against us regularly when he was at Livingston and I thought he was by far their best player. No idea how his club career is going nowadays but he's a guy I've always rated.

the ;-) was there for a reason mate.

some good points here for ireland and scotland to consider "the plodder that is walters :-D"

) McClean should have started for Republic of Ireland

Martin O’Neill got it wrong from the start. Lining up in a 4-2-3-1 was the attack-minded set-up almost every Irish supporters wanted to see but few fans will have been happy with Jon Walters occupying a position wide on the right of midfield. He was placed there in the match against Germany and from a defensive point of view, he did a tremendous job. However, he offered little going forward – direct runs and searing pace are not his thing – and a German weak spot, the inexperienced left-back Erik Durm, went unexploited. It was more of the sameagainst Poland. It is obvious to anyone who has seen Poland play in this campaign that they are susceptible to pace on the flanks, so why play the plodder that is Walters out there? Why not start with James McClean? As he showed when he came on, he has the speed and skills to get behind the Poland defence and set up good opportunities for his team-mates. That was not the only choice O’Neill got wrong. If you are going to play Wes Hoolahan, then you need to play Shane Long in front of him. Long has the legs to run on to the type of passes Hoolahan can come up with, unlike the man who was chosen in his stead, Robbie Keane. The LA Galaxy forward was more static than wool fabric and despite his impressive goalscoring record, now looks past his use-by date. Ian McCourt

When the draw was made one of my first thoughts was that, Georgia have no chance of qualifying but they could have big influence in deciding who does. Unfortunately you guys and Poland have already beaten them away from home so that will probably mean that we will have to do the same. That won't be easy though, we only just managed to beat them at Ibrox. I am actually more confident of beating Poland at Hampden than I am of winning away to Georgia. As you say almost impossible to predict this one.

I just hope that whoever finishes 3rd gets the automatic qualifying spot. I think we will have deserved it.

We should have won 4 or 5 nil at Ibrox and if it wasn't the fact we are Scotland I'd expect a comfortable 3 nil win over there. They're well short of the 2008 team.