Wings Over Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wings Over Scotland

Started a wee war among SNP supporters ahead of their conference on what was all ready a volatile subject, gender quotas. I know it needs to be discussed and democratically decided on, but once again he's goading and insulting those with a differing view to his. He's as much a hindrance as he is an asset.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's not a member of the SNP. Wings is an asset for the cause of Independence. He has at times been the lone voice pointing out the hypocrisy of the Unionists point of view and in particular the current Labour party. His piece this morning was simple and effective. No journo has asked Milliband the simple question that would debunk the lies currently being allowed to be stated by Murphy and his cohorts.

“Mr Miliband, do you rule out being the Prime Minister after this election if Labour isn’t the biggest party?”

http://wingsoverscotland.com/more-free-help-for-the-uk-press/#more-68721

he's not a member of the SNP. Wings is an asset for the cause of Independence. He has at times been the lone voice pointing out the hypocrisy of the Unionists point of view and in particular the current Labour party. His piece this morning was simple and effective. No journo has asked Milliband the simple question that would debunk the lies currently being allowed to be stated by Murphy and his cohorts.

“Mr Miliband, do you rule out being the Prime Minister after this election if Labour isn’t the biggest party?”

http://wingsoverscotland.com/more-free-help-for-the-uk-press/#more-68721

And that's what he needs to stick to. As soon as he ventures into other subjects he shows himself up. You link to a useful wings story for undecided voters to view. All it takes is someone piping in with "Oh, remember that time Wings insulted *insert equal rights movement here*" to completely discredit the source in the eyes of the undecided.

His site is great, the man behind it is a moron.

Started a wee war among SNP supporters ahead of their conference on what was all ready a volatile subject, gender quotas. I know it needs to be discussed and democratically decided on, but once again he's goading and insulting those with a differing view to his. He's as much a hindrance as he is an asset.

i.e. you. :wave:

Wings does not owe anyone a thing and can say what he wants how he wants it. How many times is this now you have had a pop at him on here? Guess he must be doing something right. :wink2:

Totally disagree with this.

WoS was getting millions of page views in run up to referendum - if his page was full of insults and polemic then it may have had a negative effect, but the analysis on there is invariably top-notch.

I can understand why people dislike him though - he is a bit of a w@nker. But then, so is Alex Massie (a tory unionist w@nker to boot), but I can't help but liking him and enjoying his articles.

i.e. you. :wave:

Wings does not owe anyone a thing and can say what he wants how he wants it. How many times is this now you have had a pop at him on here? Guess he must be doing something right. :wink2:

You'd be absolutely right... If I were crowdfunded by supporters of the cause to spread my bile :wink2:

Totally disagree with this.

WoS was getting millions of page views in run up to referendum - if his page was full of insults and polemic then it may have had a negative effect, but the analysis on there is invariably top-notch.

I can understand why people dislike him though - he is a bit of a w@nker. But then, so is Alex Massie (a tory unionist w@nker to boot), but I can't help but liking him and enjoying his articles.

As I said above, his site is great, but his social media and personal presence is a burden. It's far too easy for No voters to discredit him in the eyes of the undecided voters by pointing out his abuse.

What you're saying above would be super if his only intended audience was the already converted.

I agree, Alex Massie is superb :ok:

If we ever get close to a YES again the media and establishment will close ranks again just like they did and they will rain down another shit storm of lies and fear mongering using full spectrum media to echo chamber their lies into every home.

And there is nothing 'Wings' or any wee guy with a website will be able to do about it.

Let Wings be free...like a bird. :wink2:

. He's as much a hindrance as he is an asset.

The great thing about Wings Over Scotland is that he is an enthusiastic raging advocate of independence....

For sure - he sometimes makes headlines for the wrongs reasons. However the YES campaign is bigger than one man ?

WoS raging advocacy and bias for the YES movement is no worse than the unionist pish we see on the BBC / Daily Mail / Torygraph every day.

In the internet age the site (and its large following) is an essential counter balance to the main stream media ?

99% of the UK main stream media has proved itself to be the biggest of sell out whores, and not only that but fully complicit in neocon / labour war crimes and yet this thread targets one of the few minuscule alternative media mavericks but who happens to be pro SNP and who really hit home during the referendum. Shame on you Scunnered.

I usually read most of the stuff on WoS but can't see anything about this. Got a link?

I usually read most of the stuff on WoS but can't see anything about this. Got a link?

As with all his displays of his considerable mean streak he limits it to Social Media.

image.jpg1_zpsrlljy35b.jpg

He was still abusing people about this 7 minutes ago. He'll be cranky in the morning.

As with all his displays of his considerable mean streak he limits it to Social Media.

image.jpg1_zpsrlljy35b.jpg

He was still abusing people about this 7 minutes ago. He'll be cranky in the morning.

Abusing ? Really ? Is the above screenshot the 'abuse' or is there actual 'abuse' elsewhere ? If he has been genuinely abusing people then fair enough, but what you've posted just isnae 'abuse'.

Abusing ? Really ? Is the above screenshot the 'abuse' or is there actual 'abuse' elsewhere ? If he has been genuinely abusing people then fair enough, but what you've posted just isnae 'abuse'.

I'd say calling anybody who supports gender quotas a stupid liar is somewhere on the abuse scale between "light hearted joviality" and "being a khunt", closer to "being a khunt".

I cant see anything wrong here on this subject if the screenshots are to go by.Our meritocracy tells us only the most "talented" are allowed the best pay and conditions.Then we want to change the rules but only on specific areas.I am all for gender equality ,so we must change to democratic values instead to achieve it.

It would take me all day to post the abuse he's been aiming at people. Feel free to look yourself, but I've a feeling you don't care.

Gender quotas? What the is that? Like having a set number of places for each gender? What is the definition of Gender? Is it sex or social based? Are we going to go by Chromosones? Cause there is more than 2 configurations of those? Are we going to go by societal roles, both are used as definitions of gender.