Scotland Players In Action - Page 51 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they were right when pointing out that we was worse than the current midfield, except Fat Sam's mate Nolan. I suspect that he would have been warming the bench at best. Just because he is Scottish doesn't make him automatically better than anyone else. As for the FA cup, Fat Sam's bonus is based on league position I believe, I would never suggest that he is money motivated, so sir.

Fletcher is a better player than Nolan (who the West Ham fans want dropped), Jarvis, Amalfitano and Kouyate. Noble and Downing are the only West Ham midfielders with talent.

Fletcher would have improved their midfield considerably. And the early signs are he's made a great start at West Brom. He's still got plenty to offer at club and international level.

Also, where exactly did I or anyone else make such an incredibly stupid claim that Fletcher should have got a game for West Ham (or West Brom for that matter) purely because he's Scottish ?

Forsyth got an assist for Derby last night and had a good game according to Who Scored.com

Berra and Forsyth both in the team of the season on over all performance so far.

C. Maguire is in the team of the month and Conway and Burke in team of the week.

Fair play to Matt Kennedy.

I did post about a month ago that he clearly wasn't going to make it at Everton but the lad's been intelligent and done the right thing getting out of there rather than stagnating in the reserves and collecting his paycheck.

What's Kennedy's best position ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

I did post about a month ago that he clearly wasn't going to make it at Everton but the lad's been intelligent and done the right thing getting out of there rather than stagnating in the reserves and collecting his paycheck.

The Cardiff fans seem happy with him,

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155005

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155007

Edited by kmcca5

Winger.

He was offered extension at Everton.

Winger.

He was offered extension at Everton.

Probably to make a couple of quid by selling him later on. Kennedy done the right thing getting out of there, he was nowhere near Everton's first team.

Cardiff fans on their forums were saying he had a fair bit of pace about him. Would be good to have another pacey winger available, if Kennedy becomes a success at Cardiff.

That's why I pay no attention to that site.

Alright, I'll bite.

According to the stats:

Kennedy didn't manage to get on the ball much.

Kennedy didn't make a single tackle.

Kennedy made only 1 key pass.

TBH I don't see how a player who didn't see the ball very often, didn't make a single tackle, and didn't score or get an assist, could get MOTM.

Conway also had a quiet game, but Conway got a slightly better score than Kennedy (playing the same position) because

Conway got on the ball more

Conway made 1 tackle

Conway made 6 key passes

Alright, I'll bite.

According to the stats:

Kennedy didn't manage to get on the ball much.

Kennedy didn't make a single tackle.

Kennedy made only 1 key pass.

TBH I don't see how a player who didn't see the ball very often, didn't make a single tackle, and didn't score or get an assist, could get MOTM.

Conway also had a quiet game, but Conway got a slightly better score than Kennedy (playing the same position) because

Conway got on the ball more

Conway made 1 tackle

Conway made 6 key passes

As an Aberdeen manager once said statistics are like miniskirts.

I'll trust the fans at the game.

On Craig Gordon - I think it is his time to get back the No.1 jersey for Scotland. Of late McGregor at Hull has been in a more patchy vein of form and the same goes for Marshall whilst Gordon has been heading in the opposite direction with headline-earning displays. To me it seems he should be back between the sticks for our up-coming double header.

On Craig Gordon - I think it is his time to get back the No.1 jersey for Scotland. Of late McGregor at Hull has been in a more patchy vein of form and the same goes for Marshall whilst Gordon has been heading in the opposite direction with headline-earning displays. To me it seems he should be back between the sticks for our up-coming double header.

Totally agree. Celtic wouldn't be playing against Inter tonight if it weren't for Gordon. And I would bet nearly every person at Celtic would agree.

No matter your opinion of Celtic, it is invaluable to have our players playing in European tournaments. It's easily best preparation for Internationals.

Always been a great fan of Gordon,but has Marshall done anything wrong to deserve being dropped? Tough one.

Not for us, he's been solid but was disappointed when he stayed at Cardiff, think he signed a new contact as well, should be playing at a higher level. Not sure what Strachan will do, leaning towards sticking with Marshall. Would love to see Gordon back

<p>Craig Gordon is the best 'keeper we have.</p>

<p><br />

All this "Marshall hasn't done anything wrong" chat baffles me. Do folk want to play a lesser player out of some bizarre sense of loyalty? :unsure:</p>

Just to clarify things I am happy with either Gordon, Marshall or McGregor as each are far better options than we have had available to call on for around two decades (at least). But form-wise just now Gordon should be given the No.1 jersey for the upcoming double header but if he is not between the sticks we still have very cable options to call on which is great.