Scotland Players In Action - Page 190 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7 May 2016 at 11:48 AM, Dairbee said:

Aye, cant disagree with that. With the right system and mobile players playing off him he's effective. When he starts to play well Russell and Bryson thrive on his service. 

Interesting to see next squad , if Chesney picks John McGinn of championship hibs before Craig Bryson of Derby he should be sectioned and locked away , he couldn't lace brysons boots 

1 hour ago, valleybear said:

Interesting to see next squad , if Chesney picks John McGinn of championship hibs before Craig Bryson of Derby he should be sectioned and locked away , he couldn't lace brysons boots 

Oh great, the moronic FollowFollow and RangurzMeeja view complete with obligatory reference to "Chesney" .............. :rolleyes:

See McGinn's impressive debut against Denmark did you ? He's one of our most promising young players and it makes sense to give him some more international experience. 

Bryson has struggled with injury in a stop/start season with Derby. He's also thirty years old this November. We can't pick him based on how he played a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Oh great, the moronic FollowFollow and RangurzMeeja view complete with obligatory reference to "Chesney" .............. :rolleyes:

What is it with you that as soon as somebody says something you don't like you start making

assumptions and throwing around insults?

3 minutes ago, andymac said:

What is it with you that as soon as somebody says something you don't like you start making

assumptions and throwing around insults?

If it helps you sleep at night, then you go on believing that :ok:

The guy was talking utter pish.

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

See McGinn's impressive debut against Denmark did you ? He's one of our most promising young players and it makes sense to give him some more international experience. 

Bryson has struggled with injury in a stop/start season with Derby. He's also thirty years old this November. We can't pick him based on how he played a few years ago.

Wah wee he played well in a friendly , he's just no a very good player and probably only picked because of the McGinn connection with the sfa 

fact - he wouldn't get a game in English championship with any club 

fact - Bryson being fit has turned Derbys season around and before you reply to me get your facts right , Bryson missed the first 7 months of the season with a bad injury , since being fit he's been ever present so hardly stop start and 2 players who cost Derby 10 million pounds can't get near  the starting 11 

59 minutes ago, valleybear said:

Wah wee he played well in a friendly , he's just no a very good player and probably only picked because of the McGinn connection with the sfa 

fact - Bryson being fit has turned Derbys season around and before you reply to me get your facts right , Bryson missed the first 7 months of the season with a bad injury , since being fit he's been ever present so hardly stop start and 2 players who cost Derby 10 million pounds can't get near  the starting 11 

Bryson isn't good enough, he's a good example of a player good at his own level but not able to cut it internationally - Chris Martin is another and... Barry Bannan (Awaiting the argument on that one)

2 hours ago, valleybear said:

McGinn is 21, Bryson is 29. Neither are currently good enough to play in a competitive game barring a lot of injuries for Scotland.

McGinn has show fantastic development over the last season whereas Bryson is not going to get much better. McGinn is in the squad as he is very much one for the future.

42 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

McGinn is 21, Bryson is 29. Neither are currently good enough to play in a competitive game barring a lot of injuries for Scotland.

McGinn has show fantastic development over the last season whereas Bryson is not going to get much better. McGinn is in the squad as he is very much one for the future.

seriously Bryson has not had a game in his best position for Scotland , hes a real box to box player who will get you goals , I understand the age thing but hes the fittest player in England , his km per game is matched by no one and to compare john mcginn to Bryson is like comparing champagne to red kola ,its actually laughable , and while I'm at it johnny Russell is better than anything Scotland have up front as well  

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Bryson isn't good enough, he's a good example of a player good at his own level but not able to cut it internationally - Chris Martin is another and... Barry Bannan (Awaiting the argument on that one)

friend , the 3 mentioned are all playing in far better teams and a far better league than john mcginn at hibs ! and hes no really very good for them , the full thing stinks , i watch a lot of the championship in England and the SPL up here is miles behind that particular league never mind the Scottish championship

44 minutes ago, valleybear said:

seriously Bryson has not had a game in his best position for Scotland , hes a real box to box player who will get you goals , I understand the age thing but hes the fittest player in England , his km per game is matched by no one and to compare john mcginn to Bryson is like comparing champagne to red kola ,its actually laughable , and while I'm at it johnny Russell is better than anything Scotland have up front as well  

You're off your head

37 minutes ago, valleybear said:

McGinn is in for one for the future as was Paterson last year and a few others  who were brought into make the step up from the under 21's

McGinn plays for Hibs, as a Hearts fan I don't really like him but its pretty obvious to anyone who has seen him play more than a few times that he wont be at Hibs for too long.

Bryson is a decent player but there are a whole host of players in their late 20's who are rightly ahead of Bryson in the pecking order.

I do like Russell as a player and hope he gets a good run out in the next two games,

7 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

McGinn is in for one for the future as was Paterson last year and a few others  who were brought into make the step up from the under 21's

McGinn plays for Hibs, as a Hearts fan I don't really like him but its pretty obvious to anyone who has seen him play more than a few times that he wont be at Hibs for too long.

Bryson is a decent player but there are a whole host of players in their late 20's who are rightly ahead of Bryson in the pecking order.

I do like Russell as a player and hope he gets a good run out in the next two games,

if derby go up Bryson will play every game for Scotland next season trust me on that one and it will just make it all the more laughable hes no been selected before, where will mcginn go ? burton , Walsall , blackpool ? as it certainly wont be the championship in England , hes NOT good enough

17 minutes ago, valleybear said:

if derby go up Bryson will play every game for Scotland next season trust me on that one and it will just make it all the more laughable hes no been selected before, where will mcginn go ? burton , Walsall , blackpool ? as it certainly wont be the championship in England , hes NOT good enough

I don't think Derby will go up and if they do they will buy better midfielders than Bryson. He will be lucky to play 20 games. 

McGinn is easily good enough to play championship football. He stands out in that Hibs team. 

Time will tell though 

Are you Craig Bryson? ;)

Burton are now in the championship and Walsall are in the play offs so could be too . 2 out of 3 ain't bad 

21 hours ago, valleybear said:

I guess it depends on the play off games. He's really came back to form this season after his injury, and gives Scotland something I dont think they currently have.

As we dont have proven strikers, a midfielder with an eye for a goal and energy to burn should at least be in the squad.

Last season he was a yard off the pace but never really got injury free.

Id have him in my midfield for the qualifiers coming up. Given a run in the team I reckon the fans would be surprised how good he is. 

52 minutes ago, Dairbee said:

I guess it depends on the play off games. He's really came back to form this season after his injury, and gives Scotland something I dont think they currently have.

As we dont have proven strikers, a midfielder with an eye for a goal and energy to burn should at least be in the squad.

Last season he was a yard off the pace but never really got injury free.

Id have him in my midfield for the qualifiers coming up. Given a run in the team I reckon the fans would be surprised how good he is. 

M8 thank god you have some sense , I watch Derby every week and he's a massive loss to the club when not playing , you only realise how good he is when he's not playing , in fact forget John McGinn who's useless he's a better player than Scott Brown also in my opinion 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Martin, Whittaker, Dorrans and Naismith all relegated. That isn't good for us. 

Yea not a good night and canny see any of them getting a move back to the premiership