The Game's Up - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Robb, give Finn a bell , when life's getting us down, it's good to turn to our friends. Hope next time our paths cross you are in better spirits , but I'll no be buying you a pint :)

All the best Graeme- soon be time to grace the fairways and enjoy reducing

your handicap.

Your always welcome to join " duffers united" and show us how to play the game.

Be warned we sometimes play Troon Darley, a good arse kicking test- even for you.

Thanks to all of you. I'm going to clear off to Islay for a wee while.

It's a battle I'll have to overcome myself, but by God, you realise you have great pals.

Slaìnte to you all. Hopefully see you in better days.

Graeme

There's at least 2 AA meetings on Islay that I know of. If you need them they will help you.

I would recommend a long walk on any one of the many beautiful beaches and then a good feed at Port Mor.

If you've got too much time to fill just now, then you could try some volunteering at your local food bank? It'll maybe help you to get more control on your life?

Whatever you do stay safe and good luck.

Flora, a few folks have mentioned volunteering. If you're interested in Scottish social history and fancy some volunteer work connected to it, which can be done in your own time at home, just give me a shout. It's not the most exciting work, but it might give you some structure and also looks good on a CV.

I love you all, ya shower of goats. I'm sorry for being a greetin faced erse, but this is bad news.

Thanks again. I genuinely appreciate it.

As C. Endell pointed out, maybe Islay's nae the best gaff for an alccy to go to.

Plenty of other stuff to do on Islay, aside from the distilleries.

And there's the Machrie - what a links that is!

I've never met you, we're complete strangers but you've got my support. I'm sure there are a lot more people on here struggling with this kind of thing that are far from admitting it. Hopefully this kind of post will encourage them a bit to get dealing with it like you are.

A kind of general question but for any of you who have had addiction issues in the past, what were the first signs that something wasn't right? A drink every day? A binge too far? A few too many high stake bets?

Thanks, Welk, and appreciated.

I've always loved a drink, but when it started in the morning, I knew it was bad news. Waiting till 10 till Morrisons starts selling drink is no way of life.

No real addiction issues previously, but always brought up to win at all costs, ie if there was a guy in the pub drinking 20 pints, I'd need 21, and it all escalated from that. The guy in the Priory said he's never seen anything like it.

I need to go out and get my mum a Mother's Day card, and I know exactly where this is heading.

Thanks again.

Cheers for that. He"s a goodboy

Best of luck in your battle to get on top of the alcohol issue, pal.

I can't offer any real sage advice, so suffice to say with the support you have from your fellow Scotland fans on here, i am sure you will find the inner strength to get through it. :guitar:

Best of luck in your battle to get on top of the alcohol issue, pal.

I can't offer any real sage advice, so suffice to say with the support you have from your fellow Scotland fans on here, i am sure you will find the inner strength to get through it. :guitar:

Honestly, Northern. You don't know what that means

See you all in another land.

See you all in another land.

Hey you, just mind your mum and wind your neck in.

edit: I don't care how miserable you are, you need to see her out before you do anything daft. Beyond that you are a free man and your life is yours.

Edited by thplinth

Bloody hell mate just goes to show you never know what's going on behind it all.

I obviously don't know you personally but from reading the thread it seems like you are willing/trying to battle this which is a step in the right direction. ive seen first hand, the destruction this can cause but, I have also seen someone come out the other side when everything looked completely hopeless.

I appreciate everyones situation is different though and I don't mean to patronise you when I say that.

I wish you all the best anyway mate. Takes a lot of guts just to even address and bring up these issues to others.

Edited by Angus_Young

Thanks, Welk, and appreciated.

I've always loved a drink, but when it started in the morning, I knew it was bad news. Waiting till 10 till Morrisons starts selling drink is no way of life.

No real addiction issues previously, but always brought up to win at all costs, ie if there was a guy in the pub drinking 20 pints, I'd need 21, and it all escalated from that. The guy in the Priory said he's never seen anything like it.

I need to go out and get my mum a Mother's Day card, and I know exactly where this is heading.

Thanks again.

Flora never met you didn't even know what sex you were not that it matters.

Reading your post honestly puts a lump in my throat, we have all exchanged much hate / love / dislikes on the TAMB but hats off to you for your original post.

Good luck to you with whatever assistance you require to sort yourself out.

If you need a few days to escape from your neck of the woods drop us a PM and get yourself down to Scouse shire i may not be able to give you the scenic views you have over the border, but we have our own attractions.

Good luck mate and keep your head up.

YNWA..