Tonight's Ashcroft Data - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's Ashcroft Data

If there are people who shape their vote as such... They should be murdered. Violently. I'm talking ice Picks!

I'm convinced there are a reasonable percentage who see which way the wind is blowing and decide to throw their lot in.

The media have also had a big part to play in the past but the events pre & post September 18th now appear to have changed politics in Scotland and maybe the UK for good.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit I ripped that stat from Wikipedia so its veracity can't be guaranteed....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Parliament_general_election,_2011#Opinion_polls

This link has more detail.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_in_the_Scottish_Parliament_election,_2011

The SNP did show a lead in ONE poll on 14 February and it wasn't until the end of March that the SNP started to consistently poll higher than Labour but as has been stated, these are very different times.

Nut. Can't see it. I refuse to believe they are actually as good as being made out. Numbers are eye-watering. Im more concerned about people saying they'll vote SNP but are actually embarrassed to say they're going to vote Labour.

I know I know and I work with someone who reckons the SNP won't get anymore than 18 seats as he refuses to believe the polls.

Yep. And Labour will narrow this gap. Just like the referendum, expect a panic button to be hit at some point that unleashes merry hell on the SNP.

They threw everything at the referendum, what can they do now?

Ashcroft said that a third of people who have switched from Liebour to the Nats could end up switching back on the back of a vigourous Labour campaign.

A vigourous campaign in Liebour's eyes is smears, lies, policy hijacking and more ing lies.

so 40% switched from Liebour to yes, so 10%-15% of these switch back, it still leaves 30% switching....

this imo is more likely this will change the SNP seats from 40- 50- to 20- 30.

I have been reluctant to predict over 20 in the past for the SNP, but I might nudge up to 25 now.

Edited by stocky

Keep

Keep up scunnered, I thought you were some political whizz...

38% of Labour voters voted YES..

Doesn't mean they 'switched' from Labour though.

Just because they didn't agree with Labours policy of voting no, doesn't mean that they've abandoned Labour.

Though I do wonder how anyone who voted for Scotland to be independent, would now choose to vote for a unionist party. Alex Massie wrote a good article on it yesterday, I'll have a look for it

edit: here it is-

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/03/night-of-the-long-claymores-the-snp-are-poised-for-a-historic-momentous-victory/

Edited by Maq

Doesn't mean they 'switched' from Labour though.

Just because they didn't agree with Labours policy of voting no, doesn't mean that they've abandoned Labour.

Though I do wonder how anyone who voted for Scotland to be independent, would now choose to vote for a unionist party. Alex Massie wrote a good article on it yesterday, I'll have a look for it

edit: here it is-http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/03/night-of-the-long-claymores-the-snp-are-poised-for-a-historic-momentous-victory/

I like Alex Massie, always a good read with an afternoon MochaLatte.

Keep

Keep up scunnered, I thought you were some political whizz...

38% of Labour voters voted YES..

I've never claimed to be squire... It's just not a figure I've ever seen.

Do you have a source for this? I'd quite like to rub it in a few folks faces... But I can't find it anywhere.