Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 556 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Enlighten me as to what he’s said wrong here Ramy? Or is it just a case of Rangers = Bad? 

He is basically saying Shankland and Nisbet would bet nowhere near Celtic or rangers. The man is a complete bellend, he certainly learned from Gerrard that's for sure. I see he also saw nothing wrong with the officiating yesterday and we both know I am correct. How Jack stayed on the park is insanity. The STJ sending off was also a farce... Just my opinion FB pal...🙃

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He is basically saying Shankland and Nisbet would bet nowhere near Celtic or rangers. The man is a complete bellend, he certainly learned from Gerrard that's for sure. I see he also saw nothing wrong with the officiating yesterday and we both know I am correct. How Jack stayed on the park is insanity. The STJ sending off was also a farce... Just my opinion FB pal...🙃

https://www.facebook.com/328764714386018/posts/pfbid0W3mSNdoas8Q1GYfLgMEByVeAP34b9Dta7yt1tXM9wUSxAJHizNdnYESb8ohPABBYl/?sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

Told you Fairbairn.  The hatred and bigotry will never give a straight answer from the Canadian Giant.  He despises all things Rangers and won't read about his own club on the front pages again.  He doesn't read it so makes it not true.  

Just now, SamP said:

Told you Fairbairn.  The hatred and bigotry will never give a straight answer from the Canadian Giant.  He despises all things Rangers and won't read about his own club on the front pages again.  He doesn't read it so makes it not true.  

Ok, how is this bigotry? I am quoting facts from the papers, and football experts. How does that make me a bigot? I am allowed an educated opinion, and I have backed it up. You want to see a bigot? Crawl into the toilet if and when you sober up and have a look in the mirror.. Now fuck off and stop trolling me you miserable uneducated uninvited cunt !!

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Do you think either Shankland or Nisbet would go to Celtic and be first choice strikers? They absolutely would not and that’s what Beale is saying. He’s not saying they’re not good enough to play for either club, he’s saying they’re not good enough to be starters and I find that very difficult to disagree with. I’m sure if you consider it rationally you’ll be the same. 

36 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ok, how is this bigotry? I am quoting facts from the papers, and football experts. How does that make me a bigot? I am allowed an educated opinion, and I have backed it up. You want to see a bigot? Crawl into the toilet if and when you sober up and have a look in the mirror.. Now fuck off and stop trolling me you miserable uneducated uninvited cunt !!

Superb.  The bigots bigot who admits to being a bigot calls other folk bigots lol.  Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.  A sticky situation was that.  There that will keep you thinking all night.  You stick to your bucket and spade kid.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Do you think either Shankland or Nisbet would go to Celtic and be first choice strikers? They absolutely would not and that’s what Beale is saying. He’s not saying they’re not good enough to play for either club, he’s saying they’re not good enough to be starters and I find that very difficult to disagree with. I’m sure if you consider it rationally you’ll be the same. 

Again.  Good luck with the rationally bit.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Shankland and Nisbet would walk into that rangers side at the moment, not Celtic, Kyogo is another level. Come to think of it, you lot don't even need strikers, you have VAR and Tavernier banging in penalties every week ffs !!!

16 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Shankland and Nisbet would walk into that rangers side at the moment, not Celtic, Kyogo is another level. Come to think of it, you lot don't even need strikers, you have VAR and Tavernier banging in penalties every week ffs !!!

Tell the Killie fans that kid.  Oh sorry, you have blanked out the pish decision in the semi final not to award a stonewall penalty in the last minute.  You choose not to read it so therefore it can't be so.

33 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Morelos and Roofe when fit and firing are both better players than Shankland and Nisbet. Cloak probably is too but not seen enough to be certain. I’d like Rangers to sign Nisbet but he’d be a back up, initially anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Morelos and Roofe when fit and firing are both better players than Shankland and Nisbet. Cloak probably is too but not seen enough to be certain. I’d like Rangers to sign Nisbet but he’d be a back up, initially anyway. 

Get Morales aff the pies and you may have an atguement there..

3 minutes ago, SamP said:

Didn't know he ate pies Oracle.  But if you say so it must be a fact.  What food did you grow up on? I will guess shortbread?

Do you get your kicks out of commenting on nearly every post I write? Why do you do it? Honest question.. Answer it honestly, then fuck off !! Cheers...

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Do you get your kicks out of commenting on nearly every post I write? Why do you do it? Honest question.. Answer it honestly, then fuck off !! Cheers...

Why don't we meet up for a fight? You are a character Ramy and I mean that.  If this board didn't have people like you then it would be a sad day.  By the way I am 66'

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With Rangers season now effectively over, what are the chances of Beale mixing things up with a view to the future?

Ie. For me it would make sense to give McRory the gloves for the remaining 5 games. Get Yilmaz in at LB, King in at LCB alongside Goldson. Get Devine some substantial minutes on the pitch even if its not from the start.

In midfield id get Lowry starting * if he isnt injured and id choose the most promising striker for developmental team and say to him, you have 5 games to learn as much as you can and stake a claim.

I wouldnt be giving a single minute to the likes of Jack, Kamara, Kent, Wright or Moreles. 

Id bring McGregor on for last few mins of last Ibrox game juat for him to say goodbye.

I cant see it happening though but for the life of me I cant understand why not.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

With Rangers season now effectively over, what are the chances of Beale mixing things up with a view to the future?

Ie. For me it would make sense to give McRory the gloves for the remaining 5 games. Get Yilmaz in at LB, King in at LCB alongside Goldson. Get Devine some substantial minutes on the pitch even if its not from the start.

In midfield id get Lowry starting * if he isnt injured and id choose the most promising striker for developmental team and say to him, you have 5 games to learn as much as you can and stake a claim.

I wouldnt be giving a single minute to the likes of Jack, Kamara, Kent, Wright or Moreles. 

Id bring McGregor on for last few mins of last Ibrox game juat for him to say goodbye.

I cant see it happening though but for the life of me I cant understand why not.

I dont have Viaplay so tuned in to Radio Scotland about 30 minutes before kick off as there was nothing else on and the racing hadn't started

I know he didn't need a crystal ball as it was obvious to most observers however Tom English summed up Rangers and predicted how the game was going to go exactly - particularly regarding Kent and Morelos

I hope he put a few quid on to back up his predictions

On 5/1/2023 at 12:11 AM, Diamond Scot said:

I’d keep McGregor for the rest of season, he deserves to play the last 5 games of his Rangers career. Kent and Morelos should get the last 5 mins of the last home game and that’s it. The lack of quality and effort in their performances this season have only been matched by the absolute ineptitude of Ross Wilson and the board in allowing them to run down their contracts and leave for nothing.

In terms of regular starters the only ones I’m bothered about keeping for next season are Goldson, Tav, Raskin and Cantwell. Souttar and Yilmaz will likely still be there and hopefully see more game time and I’d offer extensions to Arfield and probably Jack however o wouldn’t bat an eyelid if every other member of that squad was to leave over the summer (with the exception of the likes of King, Devine and Lowry but don’t see them getting much game time so they may decide to move on). 

interesting to read today that Academy Head Craig Mulholland is away at the end of the season. Added to the changes in the boardroom; Wilson away to Forest and the wholesale changes in the playing squad it’ll be an interesting season next season. 

On 5/2/2023 at 5:42 PM, Fairbairn said:

I’d keep McGregor for the rest of season, he deserves to play the last 5 games of his Rangers career. Kent and Morelos should get the last 5 mins of the last home game and that’s it. The lack of quality and effort in their performances this season have only been matched by the absolute ineptitude of Ross Wilson and the board in allowing them to run down their contracts and leave for nothing.

In terms of regular starters the only ones I’m bothered about keeping for next season are Goldson, Tav, Raskin and Cantwell. Souttar and Yilmaz will likely still be there and hopefully see more game time and I’d offer extensions to Arfield and probably Jack however o wouldn’t bat an eyelid if every other member of that squad was to leave over the summer (with the exception of the likes of King, Devine and Lowry but don’t see them getting much game time so they may decide to move on). 

interesting to read today that Academy Head Craig Mulholland is away at the end of the season. Added to the changes in the boardroom; Wilson away to Forest and the wholesale changes in the playing squad it’ll be an interesting season next season. 

Do you think Rangers were far behind Celtic this season?  The league doesn't lie of course.  But in the OF games I have seen Rangers were not that bad and could have won if they took their chances.  I don't think wholesale changes are that needed tbh.  Just getting rid of some deadwood who must be on some wages.  Aberdeen etc would love to finish 2nd I am sure. 

1 hour ago, SamP said:

Do you think Rangers were far behind Celtic this season?  The league doesn't lie of course.  But in the OF games I have seen Rangers were not that bad and could have won if they took their chances.  I don't think wholesale changes are that needed tbh.  Just getting rid of some deadwood who must be on some wages.  Aberdeen etc would love to finish 2nd I am sure. 

If you look at the games between the sides since Beale came in there's not been much between them and you could argue that Rangers could/should have won a couple of them.  The main problem seems to be the mentality and we've made far too many stupid mistakes in every one of those games and Celtic are currently too good a team to consistently give that kind of opportunity to as they've shown every time they've got players who will punish you.  It's happening far too many times to be accepted.

A big portion of that squad have won 2 trophies out of the last 15 on offer (I'm counting from when Gerrard came in) and being honest haven't really looked like getting close to the other 13, it's not as if we've been taking Celtic to the closing stages of the league campaign or losing multiple cup finals.  If that's not an indication that significant changes are needed I'm not sure what is.