Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 553 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.


Speirs  

64 members have voted

  1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

    • Yes
      54
    • No
      10

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

As far as I can gather Rangers highlighted the conflict to Doncaster/the SPFL prior to the deal being completed yet they still pushed it through, presumably expecting that Rangers would just roll over.  I can't really see how Rangers are in any way in the wrong here.  I agree it's not a good look but it's yet another example of Doncaster being absolutely terrible at his job.

I don;t disagree with Doncaster but was there really any need for Rangers to make such a song and dance about it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I don;t disagree with Doncaster but was there really any need for Rangers to make such a song and dance about it?

Genuine question, what song and dance did they make other than not putting up the Cinch sineage (which I wouldn’t class as a song and dance)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Genuine question, what song and dance did they make other than not putting up the Cinch sineage (which I wouldn’t class as a song and dance)?

I see it as a song and dance. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

Doncaster is a bigger fuck up than Boris, how can he keep going on. 

The Herald reported in 2020 he was earning £388k pa. I think I wold keep going on that. He needs replacing though but that that will cost in terms of severance package. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The Herald reported in 2020 he was earning £388k pa. I think I wold keep going on that. He needs replacing though but that that will cost in terms of severance package. 

Why should he have any better package than anyone else? A months notice and oot the door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The Herald reported in 2020 he was earning £388k pa. I think I wold keep going on that. He needs replacing though but that that will cost in terms of severance package. 

I think I read that his annual salary is more than the team that win the Scottish Cup get in prize money!  And I think the Cinch deal is worth less than they pay for an advert on Spurs shirt sleeves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

The Herald reported in 2020 he was earning £388k pa. I think I wold keep going on that. He needs replacing though but that that will cost in terms of severance package. 

So that's more than 3-3.5 times the first ministers salary.

Double the prime minister.

Ffs that's appalling.

 

I was watching a TV show about the  Netherlands the other night and I'm sure it said no one is allowed to earn more than the prime minister

Might just be public sector. However that should be the ceiling

Doncaster must be one of Scotland's highest paid people..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/16/2022 at 6:47 AM, vanderark14 said:

I don't think either side look particularly good

but I guess rangers will claim a victory of sorts.

Had Rangers not done what they did, they would have breached their contract with Parks. The reason the league has this rule is for this exact reason -  to avoid clubs breaching existing sponsorship deals.

Suspect the SPFL will be on the hook for a rather large amount of legal fees too- considering they seem to have lost at every stage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Had Rangers not done what they did, they would have breached their contract with Parks. The reason the league has this rule is for this exact reason -  to avoid clubs breaching existing sponsorship deals.

Suspect the SPFL will be on the hook for a rather large amount of legal fees too- considering they seem to have lost at every stage.

 

Did rangers provide evidence of their sponsorship with parks? I know they had no obligation to do so. That was the last I read of yet another off field saga involving the SPFL and Doncaster 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Either Doncaster has dirt on those that employ him or it suits those people to keep him in position.  There’s been so many fuckups and scandals during his tenure that no other explanation for him still being in post makes sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Did rangers provide evidence of their sponsorship with parks? I know they had no obligation to do so.

I think that was only in relation to the original notice they had to send to the SPFL. Presume they would had needed to, as part of the arbitration. Otherwise I wouldnt think they had an argument.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rangers are 100% in the right here and Doncaster in the wrong.  Doncaster has firm for making unilateral decisions and then pushing them through.  He is an idiot and glad Rangers have won this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I think that was only in relation to the original notice they had to send to the SPFL. Presume they would had needed to, as part of the arbitration. Otherwise I wouldnt think they had an argument.

My understanding was rangers had no obligation to show they had such a deal with parks and they didn't.

 

13 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Rangers are 100% in the right here and Doncaster in the wrong.  Doncaster has firm for making unilateral decisions and then pushing them through.  He is an idiot and glad Rangers have won this.

Shock fucking horror. Malcolm is happy rangers won🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

My understanding was rangers had no obligation to show they had such a deal with parks and they didn't.

I think this came from one of those mad Celtic blogs.

Lord Carloway at paragraph 4 of the judgement on the recalling motion to the intermin inderdict (which the SPFL lost)

The petitioners specialise in the sale of new and used cars. They have a longstanding
commercial relationship with Rangers. This includes advertisement by Rangers of the
petitioners’ business. A written contract has been in existence since June 2015. It was

renewed on 17 May 2021.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2021csih61.pdf?sfvrsn=f0711814_1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

My understanding was rangers had no obligation to show they had such a deal with parks and they didn't.

 

Shock fucking horror. Malcolm is happy rangers won🤣

Glad i didn’t disappoint!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I think this came from one of those mad Celtic blogs.

Lord Carloway at paragraph 4 of the judgement on the recalling motion to the intermin inderdict (which the SPFL lost)

The petitioners specialise in the sale of new and used cars. They have a longstanding
commercial relationship with Rangers. This includes advertisement by Rangers of the
petitioners’ business. A written contract has been in existence since June 2015. It was

renewed on 17 May 2021.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/pdf-docs-for-opinions/2021csih61.pdf?sfvrsn=f0711814_1

 

Rangers also have a long standing relationship with the rest of the teams in the league, they are part of an organisation who voted in doncaster and this deal but they still held a song and dance about it. 

 

As I said I am willing to bet each club has multiple sponsorship deals with competing companies. 

I stand by what I said, no party comes out of this looking good. 

I am no fan of Doncaster but he does get voted in by the clubs and no matter what the guy does, there is no doubt he will upset at least one club, more than likely an OF club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...