Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 557 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

If you look at the games between the sides since Beale came in there's not been much between them and you could argue that Rangers could/should have won a couple of them.  The main problem seems to be the mentality and we've made far too many stupid mistakes in every one of those games and Celtic are currently too good a team to consistently give that kind of opportunity to as they've shown every time they've got players who will punish you.  It's happening far too many times to be accepted.

A big portion of that squad have won 2 trophies out of the last 15 on offer (I'm counting from when Gerrard came in) and being honest haven't really looked like getting close to the other 13, it's not as if we've been taking Celtic to the closing stages of the league campaign or losing multiple cup finals.  If that's not an indication that significant changes are needed I'm not sure what is.

Aye.  It is the mentality issue for sure.  Also sure that Michael Beale knows that as well.  When Morelos arrived everyone thought he was the bees knees.  But his mentality was only for himself and not his club.  I think Kent might be the same.  That doesn't spread confidence in your team mates.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers off to court over the cinch deal again. Not sure why this time but my guess is it's been a while since they went to court and they've been missing the attention. 

Think it's something to do with the SPFL not fulfilling their obligations (issuing and apology and paying legal fees after losing) from the outcome of the last case. 

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Think it's something to do with the SPFL not fulfilling their obligations (issuing and apology and paying legal fees after losing) from the outcome of the last case. 

Well at least the SPFL is entertaining off the field.

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You sure about that?  Seem to be more court cases than Old Firm games these days.

I was taking the piss. The old firm are taking their toys out of the pram to new levels. Last week it was Celtic not happy about an article relating to Rodgers, this week rangers are back in court for..................... who really gives a fuck

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I was taking the piss. The old firm are taking their toys out of the pram to new levels. Last week it was Celtic not happy about an article relating to Rodgers, this week rangers are back in court for..................... who really gives a fuck

Still cared enough to dig this topic back up

37 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Aye.  Doesn't care about Rangers.  But brings them up every second day lol.  Maybe one day he will mention his own team although I doubt he has ever seen them.  

2 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Oh that's good one. Never heard that before.

1 hour ago, SamP said:

Aye.  Doesn't care about Rangers.  But brings them up every second day lol.  Maybe one day he will mention his own team although I doubt he has ever seen them.  

Right on cue. You're as predictable as you are boring. 

10 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Point still stands bud

It really doesn't, posting doesn't equal caring. Most out with the rangers support find this situation funny or sad. Nobody comes out of this well except Cinch - They have non stop free advertising.

56 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

To be fair, regardless of the club involved, anyone continuing to point out the ineptitude of Doncaster and the SPFL is a good thing.

It depends what the club's motives are. 

On 8/30/2014 at 3:31 PM, ShedTA said:

Eh? £2.7m of the £4m share offer is earmarked to pay back debts which are due now? What do you mean no debt? Go on.

Why don't you go on?  Rangers are like any other business.  Myself included.  The fascination with Rangers on here is unbelievable.  557 pages must be a record.  And yet Rangers are still there.  

16 minutes ago, SamP said:

Why don't you go on?  Rangers are like any other business.  Myself included.  The fascination with Rangers on here is unbelievable.  557 pages must be a record.  And yet Rangers are still there.  

15000 on season ticket waiting list and now going to expand the ground to 60000.  Aye, a financial crisis right enough lol.

28 minutes ago, SamP said:

15000 on season ticket waiting list and now going to expand the ground to 60000.  Aye, a financial crisis right enough lol.

As much as I think we'd fill it, I doubt we'll have the finance in place to get up to 60K any time soon.  Think it was something like £30M for all the work to get it to 60K.  Can maybe see it being done partially to go up to around 54-56K.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

As much as I think we'd fill it, I doubt we'll have the finance in place to get up to 60K any time soon.  Think it was something like £30M for all the work to get it to 60K.  Can maybe see it being done partially to go up to around 54-56K.

Fairbairn.  How did Rangers or Celtic for that matter manage to rebuild both stadiums?  Rangers and almost every business I know work on overdraft and bank/investor loans.  So it is do able.  To lose revenue from an extra 15000 fans with all that comes with it apart from season ticket sales.  Food etc etc.  Any investor would invest in that.  The business is already guaranteed which is unlike many other business investments.

43 minutes ago, SamP said:

Fairbairn.  How did Rangers or Celtic for that matter manage to rebuild both stadiums?  Rangers and almost every business I know work on overdraft and bank/investor loans.  So it is do able.  To lose revenue from an extra 15000 fans with all that comes with it apart from season ticket sales.  Food etc etc.  Any investor would invest in that.  The business is already guaranteed which is unlike many other business investments.

We’ve been relying on investors for the last 10 years or so to keep the lights on. Granted we’re in a much better state now but it’s a big leap to go from there to being able to finance a significant stadium redevelopment. I hope I’m wrong as we need to bridge the gap to Celtic in as many ways as possible, and an extra 10K through the doors every fortnight will help, but I just don’t see it being possible any time soon. 

52 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We’ve been relying on investors for the last 10 years or so to keep the lights on. Granted we’re in a much better state now but it’s a big leap to go from there to being able to finance a significant stadium redevelopment. I hope I’m wrong as we need to bridge the gap to Celtic in as many ways as possible, and an extra 10K through the doors every fortnight will help, but I just don’t see it being possible any time soon. 

Rangers rebuilt the Copland Road, the Broomloan and the entire stadium.  Putting an extra 10000 seats to fill the corners will be quite expensive.  But the money from the extra revenue will be a good return.  

33 minutes ago, SamP said:

Rangers rebuilt the Copland Road, the Broomloan and the entire stadium.  Putting an extra 10000 seats to fill the corners will be quite expensive.  But the money from the extra revenue will be a good return.  

Agreed.  It's convincing someone to give us that money up front that's the issue.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Agreed.  It's convincing someone to give us that money up front that's the issue.

I have just invested in a business.  If I knew the business had another 10000 customers guaranteed.  Then I think that would be a no brainer.