Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 555 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Whoever it is I'd say some deadwood needs clearing out or perhaps ones whose heart is no longer there - Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos. Cash in and get some hungry and eager players in with a point to prove.

I agree but we'll be lucky if we get £4M combined for Kent and Morelos now and given they can (and probably will) sign pre contracts in January it's more than likely they'll both leave for nothing.  It's shocking mismanagement from the board and they should have both have been told that if they weren't willing to sign an extension in the summer they should have been sold and we'd probably have got in the region of £20M for the pair of them given how high their stock was after the Europa run. 

I know we played the long game with Goldson and it worked however there was less of a risk with him as his sell on value would have been much lower so wouldn't have missed out on anywhere near as much if he'd walked away for free.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I agree but we'll be lucky if we get £4M combined for Kent and Morelos now and given they can (and probably will) sign pre contracts in January it's more than likely they'll both leave for nothing.  It's shocking mismanagement from the board and they should have both have been told that if they weren't willing to sign an extension in the summer they should have been sold and we'd probably have got in the region of £20M for the pair of them given how high their stock was after the Europa run. 

I know we played the long game with Goldson and it worked however there was less of a risk with him as his sell on value would have been much lower so wouldn't have missed out on anywhere near as much if he'd walked away for free.

Players that definitely need to be shipped out are the likes of Helander, Jack and Roofe who will all be taking home decent salaries and contribute very little on the pitch due to being perma-injured.  I think it's safe to say this will be both McGregor and Davis last season and I'd also be looking to move on Barisic and Kamara if we can still get a decent fee for him.  if Kent and Morelos do also go that's pretty much a full team so a massive rebuild will be needed.  Good job we've got the money....

• 1 month later...

Rangers stayed at the old course hotel in St Andrews last night. 2 bus loads.  Not sure exactly how much that would cost but struck me as being abit uneccesary both in terms of needing to stay overnight and then the calibre of hotel.

Is this usual for domestic games?

36 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Rangers stayed at the old course hotel in St Andrews last night. 2 bus loads.  Not sure exactly how much that would cost but struck me as being abit uneccesary both in terms of needing to stay overnight and then the calibre of hotel.

Is this usual for domestic games?

I remember celtic staying at Carnoustie before they played Dundee United a few years back.

I agree it's not necessary.

I remember reading they stayed at carnoustie hotel when they first started back, one of their first games in 4th division.

Iirc They were playing Arbroath the next day.

(Fishermen,Butchers and Bakers)

Laughable really.  

Edited by stocky

14 minutes ago, Debian said:

Probably works both ways.  Club gets the quality and no doubt a good discount on a large booking, where as the hotel gets a big booking, easy dough and little hassle.  

Yes no doubt they get a decent discount. Just surprised me that they stayed away for a 2 hour journey. 

Would Man Utd stay in a hotel when playing away to Newcastle? (I honestly dont know)

21 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Yes no doubt they get a decent discount. Just surprised me that they stayed away for a 2 hour journey. 

Would Man Utd stay in a hotel when playing away to Newcastle? (I honestly dont know)

They'd also fly up to Newcastle.  

• 3 weeks later...