Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 122 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I've said on numerous posts on here that I don't understand the urge to have Dave King at the club. He's untrustworthy at best and downright crooked at worst. Better than what we have but not really anyone's first choice. You can't have read those other posts though Parky, or you wouldn't have posted yet another incorrect sweeping generalisation.

this is fair enough. I think the need for king stems from the fact that if rangers are to get close to the club/team they were then it will require an awful lot of money. even with close to full stadiums the club still lost money. its possible they see king as the only real hope of this, and possibly their only hope of breaking free of the shackles of ashley/ green et al.

this is fair enough. I think the need for king stems from the fact that if rangers are to get close to the club/team they were then it will require an awful lot of money. even with close to full stadiums the club still lost money. its possible they see king as the only real hope of this, and possibly their only hope of breaking free of the shackles of ashley/ green et al.

He was the only show in town until The 3 Bears showed up. The fans would be better supporting them as they are all "Rangers men" whatever that means, and none of them are convicted criminals, as far as I know!

King can help them but I wouldn't want him on the board.

He was the only show in town until The 3 Bears showed up. The fans would be better supporting them as they are all "Rangers men" whatever that means, and none of them are convicted criminals, as far as I know!

King can help them but I wouldn't want him on the board.

again fair enough. have the 3B's got the sort of financial clout that king has?

I'm not sure tbh. As far as I know Douglas Parks has significant amounts of dosh but so had Craigy boy, supposedly!

I'm getting a wee bit sceptical of everything and everyone when it comes to Rangers.

Think Park is rumoured to be worth around £100M. I don't think Letham and Taylor are anywhere near that although Letham was able to provide a £1M interest free loan on his own so I don't think he's down the back of the sofa looking for change.

I don't think anyone really knows what King is worth (which says a lot) but I'd think it's still a bit more than T3B put together.

I honestly don't know what Ashley is trying to achieve at the penniless arcade.

He's worth Billions, don't know how he can be arsed with the hastle.

I can't get my head around it either.

Now that he's got some floating and fixed charges over some (or is it all) of the assets, would it be in his financial interests to see Rangers go to the wall again?

I dunno.

I honestly don't know what Ashley is trying to achieve at the penniless arcade.

He's worth Billions, don't know how he can be arsed with the hastle.

Once they achieve a certain critical mass financially the rich don't actually do anything themselves. Sure they have to pay attention but from what I have read briefly about Ashley he seems like he enjoys what he does. He's worth Billions so how can be arsed? Well if that was a factor he would have stopped when he was worth a few million (if that was his way of thinking). Rangers fans don't know their friends from their enemies. We could tell them Ashley was their friend now and they would only slag you for it. Later after Ashley won and was financing trophies they would be rubbing your nose in it like they knew it all along.

No mention of Nacho-gate?

(No, not big jig and Kris Boyd fighting over w bag of Doritos)

Apparently Kenny McDowell had to tell Nacho Novo he wasn't welcome at Murray Park.

No wonder, the borrowed money off them, and he's never paid it back!

:P

I can't get my head around it either.

Now that he's got some floating and fixed charges over some (or is it all) of the assets, would it be in his financial interests to see Rangers go to the wall again?

I dunno.

I don't think it would ever be his plan to drive Rangers into the ground.

He has the bulk of the merchandising tied up. I'm aware many are boycotting that side of things but if that changes he is onto a winner for little output.

He has the shirt sponsorship on the horizon...which could tie into the same time Rangers could be back into European competition (don't laugh!)

He is cutting costs and taking decisions that other boards have dodged, such as binning a bad manager.

He knows if he rights Rangers financially and gets thrm to live within their means then it won't take a huge cash input to see them successful on the park. They also have more chance of regular European football, and therefore exposure for his SD,, than Newcastle do.

Ashley wouldnt get involved unless there was going to be big benefits to him first and foremost but he no doubt sees the potential if Rangers get back to where they were...and he has tied up a lot of that future potential income for peanuts.

What he won't do is come out and spell all this out in a big media splash for the fans, partly because some of it benefits him rather than Rangers but also because he never does that sort of thing anyway.

I don't think it would ever be his plan to drive Rangers into the ground.

He has the bulk of the merchandising tied up. I'm aware many are boycotting that side of things but if that changes he is onto a winner for little output.

He has the shirt sponsorship on the horizon...which could tie into the same time Rangers could be back into European competition (don't laugh!)

He is cutting costs and taking decisions that other boards have dodged, such as binning a bad manager.

He knows if he rights Rangers financially and gets thrm to live within their means then it won't take a huge cash input to see them successful on the park. They also have more chance of regular European football, and therefore exposure for his SD,, than Newcastle do.

Ashley wouldnt get involved unless there was going to be big benefits to him first and foremost but he no doubt sees the potential if Rangers get back to where they were...and he has tied up a lot of that future potential income for peanuts.

What he won't do is come out and spell all this out in a big media splash for the fans, partly because some of it benefits him rather than Rangers but also because he never does that sort of thing anyway.

I understand that. The "Rangers In Europe" thing, though. When? That's not going to happen anytime soon.

And let's be honest here. Even the best of teams from Scotland qualifying for Europe generally don't last that long. And you can't advertise around the stadium due to UEFA "Partners" snaffling all of the advertising space. So, that leaves shirt sponsorship.

For TV coverage in Scotland? We hardly see Scottish football on the telly. In Europe? See above.

The Rangers fans are realising that buying the merchandise isn't lining the club's pockets. 75% will be going to Sports Direct.

I just don't see it.

Owning the land if it all goes to the wall on the other hand. Now, there's real money.

the big problem i find with this whole story is that at no point will we find out what Ashley has planned until its already upon us. i don't think the rules allow him to come out and say "i'm planning to do this and that" and that could sort out a lot of folks worries he never does that anyway thats why Newcastle fans are always on his back to get him out the club.

over the last few years with all these things appening to Rangers it has really tarnished my love of football to a point when i never even bothered with scotland games. it has came back slowly over the last season but i fear that if all this "going to the wall" stuff happens that'll be it for me done.

I understand that. The "Rangers In Europe" thing, though. When? That's not going to happen anytime soon.

And let's be honest here. Even the best of teams from Scotland qualifying for Europe generally don't last that long. And you can't advertise around the stadium due to UEFA "Partners" snaffling all of the advertising space. So, that leaves shirt sponsorship.

For TV coverage in Scotland? We hardly see Scottish football on the telly. In Europe? See above.

The Rangers fans are realising that buying the merchandise isn't lining the club's pockets. 75% will be going to Sports Direct.

I just don't see it.

Owning the land if it all goes to the wall on the other hand. Now, there's real money.

Is the land really worth anything though? I'm pretty sure there's something about Auchenhowie that says it can't be used for residential or commercial purposes for 100 years (probably now down to 90 or so). The area surrounding Ibrox is a shithole so there won't be a great deal of value in any residential development of the land and it's in spitting distance of both Braehead and Silverburn so developing for commercial reasons wouldn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Is the land really worth anything though? I'm pretty sure there's something about Auchenhowie that says it can't be used for residential or commercial purposes for 100 years (probably now down to 90 or so). The area surrounding Ibrox is a shithole so there won't be a great deal of value in any residential development of the land and it's in spitting distance of both Braehead and Silverburn so developing for commercial reasons wouldn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Green managed to buy the land for less than £5.5m three years ago so I wouldn't class that as real money.