Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 124 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

'Equivalence'?!? Did you even read the article?

And what's your point with the dons forum link? Some fans hate him?

I suppose it's different from the hero worship that some hhuns have for a convicted tax crook

Are any of us in a position to really know what goes on at any club?

There are innumerable experts on these matters on here. Certainly with relation to what was going on at Hearts over the years (although admittedly not as many as there are on Hibs.Net) and now I, and many of my colleagues, can forensically analyse the latest developments at Ibrox. Edited by Pool Q

When you do that, Parklife, you can use the alternative spelling if you like.

W*h*a*t*a*b*o*u*t*e*r*y

For it to be whataboutery would I not have to be defending King's actions? My point is from a moral perspective it's the action of attempting to avoid paying your fair share of tax which is wrong so anyone who attempt to avoid paying tax from King to Milne to Take That to the BTC whether they are found guilty, innocent or eventually stump up are all in the same boat.

For it to be whataboutery would I not have to be defending King's actions? My point is from a moral perspective it's the action of attempting to avoid paying your fair share of tax which is wrong so anyone who attempt to avoid paying tax from King to Milne to Take That to the BTC whether they are found guilty, innocent or eventually stump up are all in the same boat.

Doesn't mean it's a good thing to have them in charge of your club.

No. You just need to point at something/one else and say "Aye, but what about.......".

That's "whataboutery".

Whataboutery. The constant excuse for those that don't like their criticisms reflected back onto themselves.

Are any of us in a position to really know what goes on at any club?

Stop being sensible and reasonable you! You'll get this board a bad name.

One of the important things to learn from the Rangers debacle is that we can never really know what happens within the Boardrooms. You just have to decide if you trust the people in charge.

Whataboutery. The constant excuse for those that don't like their criticisms reflected back onto themselves.

I remember hearing a Unionist politician in Northern Ireland (sorry I can't remember which one) speaking on the radio.

He said that progress between the two sides only started to be meaningful when both sides agreed to stop "whataboutery".

He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that until that point, they never actually addressed an issue raised by either side, because they were too busy responding with "Aye, but what about...".

It was only when they actually addressed the issue at hand, without resorting to whataboutery, that things started to move and get better,

I remember hearing a Unionist politician in Northern Ireland (sorry I can't remember which one) speaking on the radio.

He said that progress between the two sides only started to be meaningful when both sides agreed to stop "whataboutery".

He said, and I'm paraphrasing, that until that point, they never actually addressed an issue raised by either side, because they were too busy responding with "Aye, but what about...".

It was only when they actually addressed the issue at hand, without resorting to whataboutery, that things started to move and get better,

So you're saying that Rangers should copy things from Northern Ireland to move forward? :yikes3:

Now that's not something you expect to hear everyday!! :wave:

No. You just need to point at something/one else and say "Aye, but what about.......".

That's "whataboutery".

So the ability to compare and contrast is whataboutery and not critical evaluation? That is the most preposterous statement you have made, given metallurgists don't need to engage in much critical evaluation but really that's quite pathetic.

So the ability to compare and contrast is whataboutery and not critical evaluation? That is the most preposterous statement you have made, given metallurgists don't need to engage in much critical evaluation but really that's quite pathetic.

Preposterous and pathetic.

Jings. It's not been my best night.

Jonathan Northcroft ‏@JNorthcroft

Mike Ashley: lend Rangers money, lend Rangers players, use loaned £££ to pay loan players. Who you were already paying anyway. Light cigar.

That tweet misses out that it justifies the board taking Ashley's loan for the reason given ie to sign new players. What a farce. The sooner we have this egm the better.

Bruce

cant be ersed trawling through the thread,when is the egm

No date set yet. Under the companies act, the board have 21 days from the request for the egm to set down the date of the egm hich must be within 28 days from the notice setting down the date.

On that basis, If the request for the egm was made on 16 January then the date must be set down by Friday and the egm must be held by 6 March.

Possibly between pages 187 to 193 ?

No date set yet. Under the companies act, the board have 21 days from the request for the egm to set down the date of the egm hich must be within 28 days from the notice setting down the date.

On that basis, If the request for the egm was made on 16 January then the date must be set down by Friday and the egm must be held by 6 March.

cheers

Who is paying the loan Rangers

I think there's varying theories on this.

Quite an amusing one is that Rangers are paying the wages to Newcastle using the money that Mike Ashley lent them, off the back of him apparently loaning them money to pay back a Mike Ashley loan, it all seems to go back to mike ashley.

:lol:

I think there's varying theories on this.

Quite an amusing one is that Rangers are paying the wages to Newcastle using the money that Mike Ashley lent them, off the back of him apparently loaning them money to pay back a Mike Ashley loan, it all seems to go back to mike ashley.

:lol:

there is one person running and controlling the club - ashley. the sfa once again have been given the runaround. If i was hearts or hibs or other div 1 clubs i would not be overly happy about it.