Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 385 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, tartandon said:

It's quite ironic that RFC are claiming that Whyte shouldn't have been allowed to purchase the club with Ticketus money when they had used Ticketus money themselves previously.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1387496-rangers-hid-use-of-ticketus-to-fund-player-transfer/

The court was told of contact between Mr Shanks and then-Rangers chief executive Martin Bain in 2010.  There was mention of the transfer of striker Nikica Jelavic to Rangers from Rapid Vienna. It was said the Austrian club "required the balance of transfer funds" to be "cash-backed".

Rangers wanted to facilitate this by "seeking to increase the funding from Ticketus" but there was to be no mention of the firm on the year-end accounts.

Defence QC Donald Findlay asked: "They hid the use of Ticketus?" 

Mr Shanks responded: "Yes."

"...[Former Rangers Director] Johnston claimed the Rangers board were "masquerading as directors" effectively "stooges" for the "objective" of the bank."

The current case will probably boil down to the phrasing in the contract of sale.

There's been mention in today's proceedings of money coming from Whyte's personal funds versus Whyte putting up funds secured from 'financial institutions' (i.e. Ticketus/Octopus)

Edited by tartandon

12 hours ago, tartandon said:

The current case will probably boil down to the phrasing in the contract of sale.

There's been mention in today's proceedings of money coming from Whyte's personal funds versus Whyte putting up funds secured from 'financial institutions' (i.e. Ticketus/Octopus)

In my opinion it's not about the phrasing of the contract it's basically about misrepresentation and whether the misrepresentation (i.e. Whyte was using his own money) induced the board to enter into a contract with Whyte. Though an argument could be made that the evidence heard to-date suggests that  Lloyds put Murray under duress to agree to the contract which might lead to another action.

and I see david murray is back on the Scotland rich list again. dumped 100's of millions of £'s of debt through multiple companies and shafted creditors and taxpayers, and destroyed Rangers and now he's loaded again.  fantastic stuff !

do any rangers fans still worship him?

6 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

and I see david murray is back on the Scotland rich list again. dumped 100's of millions of £'s of debt through multiple companies and shafted creditors and taxpayers, and destroyed Rangers and now he's loaded again.  fantastic stuff !

do any rangers fans still worship him?

You forgot about the employees he shafted.

5 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Very true.

I see Kris void in the papers today wants sdm  back in control.he is the man to save them apparently...

It's a surprise that he's in favour of a guy who gave him a contract that made him a millionaire. 

18 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Very true.

I see Kris void in the papers today wants sdm  back in control.he is the man to save them apparently...

these comments from him below are laughable :lol:. Its not the rangers he knows, what planet is he on?

why does this guy get so much air time? he's as dumb as a box of rocks

There was sickening racist abuse directed at Scott Sinclair with someone else running on to the pitch to try and attack Scott Brown.

Leigh Griffiths had a battery thrown at him.

That’s not the Rangers I know. That’s not the club I grew up supporting.

I was brought up being told that as a Rangers fan there was a certain way to behave. It was other clubs who did things like that, not us.

But the sad truth is that the lack of class from the top has filtered its way into the team and now into the stands.

Listen, that’s not an attack on every Rangers supporter out there because it’s still a minority.

But it just shouldn’t be happening at all.

The bottom line is that it’s borne out of sheer anger and frustration.

The punters have reached the stage where they can hardly take any more.

Right now all they can hope is that Pedro Caixinha can bring in some new players in the summer to turn things around, but he’s not a magician.

It’s financial backing the club needs.

Dare I say it, it’s a chairman willing to spend a tenner for every fiver Celtic take out of their pocket.

54 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Does Kris Boyd still play fitbaw? Or does he just spend 100% of his working life commenting on Rangers?

I can confirm he is still on the park and named on the teamsheet but he stopped being a footballer a long time ago. He's a waste of a XXL shirt.

He's a prat too. very reminiscent of the stereotypical Ayrshire Hun fan.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Any truth to the rumour the rangers didn't turn up for the PFA awards?

Only thing i've seen is the "Rangers" table photo from the dinner going about on twitter. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Only thing i've seen is the "Rangers" table photo from the dinner going about on twitter. 

I've seen the same photo, that's why I'm asking.

i wouldn't be surprised if true.

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They were too busy celebrating probably finishing above St Johnstone in the league.

:lol:

I still can't believe they invaded the fecking pitch :lol::lol: