Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 268 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Wow Dave King is losing it. And so soon. Cracking under Ashley pressure it looks like.

I do find it amusing the way they interlace the not so subtle any more threats with the pleas for us to all come together for the best for Scottish Football. FFS they made every attempt possible to undermine Scottish football and fukk off to England but now we need to come together to save it...

They are only trying to save themselves and threatening once again the 'Sampson option' if we do not all cower and comply.

Dave King go fukk yourself.

Edited by thplinth

So resorting back to threats again how unsurprising. Apart from that the statement is appallingly out of touch with the general feeling around this whole issue. Kings making a laughing stock of himself.

Or he's being deliberately antagonistic so that he can blame everyone else when it all goes tits up?

Certain players may not have signed for the Club without the perceived benefit of personal tax savings but there was no general advantage for the player squad, or the performance on the pitch. We would still have signed players of equal abilities if one or two had decided they didn’t want to sign under different financial circumstances.

:wave:

Im not overly interested in this whole affair, but that quote is absolutely comical. Rangers gained a sporting advantage, anyone who cant see that is an idiot.

As for stripping titles etc, I honestly dont care, although it would be tremendously funny.

What Dave King is implying is that had a player they offered 1m a year to 'tax free' under an EBT scheme said 'no I don't like EBTs' they would have simply offered them (say) 1.5m not-tax-free.

Maybe that is true for one or two as not every player had an EBT. The ones with the better advisers probably did get an alternative offer. But to suggest had they all said no to EBT's that RFC would have been able to gross up all their tax free salaries and pay all the PAYE taxes is simply not true. RFC would quickly have been forced to cut back the 'EBT players' budget by at least a third to a half had they paid taxes on it.

King is like the worst bullshit artist on this thread. It is shameless spin and broken promises from what i can see (so far).

The man is trolling.

He can't be purposely being a stupid ######.

Who knows? He can't be an idiot as he's made too much money. The other board members have been trying to build relationships with the other clubs and governing bodies. This is the polar opposite.

Feck knows what he thinks this will achieve. I honestly can't see a purpose for this unless he's looking for a way out.

It does play to the lowest common denominator in the support sadly.

Who knows? He can't be an idiot as he's made too much money. The other board members have been trying to build relationships with the other clubs and governing bodies. This is the polar opposite.

Feck knows what he thinks this will achieve. I honestly can't see a purpose for this unless he's looking for a way out.

It does play to the lowest common denominator in the support sadly.

I'd suggest there is nothing else on his agenda than this.

What Dave King is implying is that had a player they offered 1m a year to 'tax free' under an EBT scheme said 'no I don't like EBTs' they would have simply offered them (say) 1.5m not-tax-free.

Maybe that is true for one or two as not every player had an EBT. The ones with the better advisers probably did get an alternative offer. But to suggest had they all said no to EBT's that RFC would have been able to gross up all their tax free salaries and pay all the PAYE taxes is simply not true. RFC would quickly have been forced to cut back the 'EBT players' budget by at least a third to a half had they paid taxes on it.

King is like the worst bullshit artist on this thread. It is shameless spin and broken promises from what i can see (so far).

But they could have still assembled a team that would have been capable of winning the league as there wasn't much opposition.

I'd suggest there is nothing else on his agenda than this.

Agreed I am starting to think he is running scared. I am not sure stripping titles is an option or what it would achieve, but given events it needs to be something rangers should sit down and discuss and argue their reasons against it. I cant see the logic of threatening people not to consider it. I think it would be ruled out anyway, but that at least would be a conciliatory jesture.

Feels like king is close to meltdown, which makes you wonder about the ashley court move against him - think it might be jail time.

I think we should be sorry - and I certainly am sorry, King told Sportsmail. We owe both the Rangers fans and the Scottish footballing public an apology.

Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about.

And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.

With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

But I am happy to say it as a director of the football club. And, having been there for the last couple of days, and getting a sense of the anger and anxiety, that it is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.

Club chairmen will decide on July 4 if an Ibrox newco should be allowed to play in the top tier next season.

Even if the chairmen vote yes, however, SPL sources have warned that the club could still face expulsion if dual contracts were operated by a board of directors on which King was a member for 12 years.

Insisting there was no attempt to gain a deliberate competitive advantage from the use of a Murray group EBT, King added: No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage.

But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now.

And the way that Rangers have treated the authorities - instead of having a conversation with them around reparation - has been regrettable.

One of the things I would have looked at as part of a consortium in terms of funding is to try and fund them so that they could make some sort of commercial reparation to the other clubs.

But lets do it in a way whereby it is seen to have happened and we come out of it strongly.

The problem with the title stripping, is that Rangers will just do what Juventus have done. Juventus just ignore the fact they had some titles taken away from them and they still show them as titles won on all their websites and in the stadium. Yes it will add much ammo for us all to wind up our Rangers supporting pals and Rangers fans on the internet, but do you think that will change the mentality of a good proportion of their fans who clearly now feel they have been hard done by (when this is simply wrong).

You know Rangers will keep their stars on their shirts and continue with their "most titles " in the world pish even if they are stripped. Meantime, endless hours will be spent updating, then deleting, then updating their wiki pages.

At some point Scottish football has to stop this pish. Rangers are not helping this situation either, they are being run by a bunch of clowns who are pandering to the dark reaches of their support to prop up their regime.

Edited by giblet

But they could have still assembled a team that would have been capable of winning the league as there wasn't much opposition.

Maybe Ben Johnson would have won without the drugs. Should he keep his medal(s) too... just in case?

Edited by thplinth

The problem with the title stripping, is that Rangers will just do what Juventus have done. Juventus just ignore the fact they had some titles taken away from them and they still show them as titles won on all their websites and in the stadium. Yes it will add much ammo for us all to wind up our Rangers supporting pals and Rangers fans on the internet, but do you think that will change the mentality of a good proportion of their fans who clearly now feel they have been hard done by (when this is simply wrong).

You know Rangers will keep their stars on their shirts and continue with their "most titles " in the world pish even if they are stripped. Meantime, endless hours will be spent updating, then deleting, then updating their wiki pages.

At some point Scottish football has to stop this pish. Rangers are not helping this situation either, they are being run by a bunch of clowns who are pandering to the dark reaches of their support to prop up their regime.

Radicals of any kind don't deal with facts regarding their passion. Nazis still believe they where correct in their actions.

The one thing RFC and Juve had in common was the "wee are the peepul" attitude coupled with the backing of the establishment.

Hang on.

Are you that guy on the other thread trying to equate all RFC's cheating as just another "creditor"? :-))

The other thread? Hmrc are just another creditor. Hmrc doesn't dispute that. It's the law.

What cheating are you alleging? Cheating suggests rule breaches. What rules do you say have been broken?

Seriously though, the £30k paid to Graeme Souness?

That probably breaks a rule somewhere.

I'm amazed nobody seems interested in that particular EBT.

Was it a "thank you" for the £17 million he spent on Rangers players at Blackburn and Newcastle?