Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 174 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

McCall's been hooring himself for the Ibrox job ever since he failed miserably at Motherwell.

Taking them to the Champions league qualifiers for the first time in their history is failing miserably? Very strange and short sighted post you've put up there.

He'll do to the end of the season but we need the current coaches chucked out. It needs to be an entirely new coaching team or its pointless. We'll not make the playoffs with McDowall in charge. He's proven he can't motivate or even coach properly over the last couple of years. The sooner he's away the better.

If McCall gets us up then give him a shot otherwise we go for the longer term appointment. Either way a Director of Football will need to be put in.

Taking them to the Champions league qualifiers for the first time in their history is failing miserably? Very strange and short sighted post you've put up there.

He'll do to the end of the season but we need the current coaches chucked out. It needs to be an entirely new coaching team or its pointless. We'll not make the playoffs with McDowall in charge. He's proven he can't motivate or even coach properly over the last couple of years. The sooner he's away the better.

If McCall gets us up then give him a shot otherwise we go for the longer term appointment. Either way a Director of Football will need to be put in.

'Eventually, every manager is sacked because he fails'..

A. Ferguson

(or me...I might just have made that up).

And I'm not sure bringing up McCall's European record is a ringing endorsement of his abilities..... :ok:

Really?

If Killie have £15million of assets and they were debt free i.e. there are no liabilities on on the balance sheet then the club is worth £15million, this isn't rocket science (well it is for some of you).

The paper value of the assets might be 15m but they'd never get that.

Same way sevco aren't worth anything near £100m.

It isn't rocket science (well maybe for likes of you)

Chris Graham has come across very well on a range of interview and panels over the last few years. I cannot remember him being shown up by Spiers at all unless you think cheap put downs are a barometer of good debate. However I would have gone for the middle ground as chose a guy like Craig Houston from Sons of Struth. Its all rather academic as every day fan share ownership is increasing and we will end up having two board members.

Houston? Hahahaha

What was the Motherwell players fitness like under McCall as it seems to be an area we've really struggled with for the last couple of years.

Always seemed alright (i think) but we started this season terribly fitness wise. Everyone looked gubbed after 30 mins and it continued to look like that far longer than it should have.

Really? I thought he was awful whenever he was on TV - properly shown up by Alex Thomson, Tom English..... jeez, even Graham Spiers!

I think he typifies the 'no surrender' 'but what about Celtic' type of fan.

A disaster waiting to happen I reckon.

I remember his "there are no dark clouds over Ibrox", and "let's see how it all pans out' when Chuckles took over

And the winner of Prediction of the Year (quickest to come true category) goes to.........

Was it only Rangers they had to beat then?

Why wasn't it Aberdeen if it was so easy?

At no point did I say it was easy but then you have previous of reading something I post and then jumping to your own conclusions and just making up shit.

Rangers finished second and would have went into the CL qualifiers but they were liquidated so Motherwell replaced them. That's what happened. If you would have said Stuart McCall done a great job getting Motherwell into third place in the League I might have agreed with you but you stressed that he "Took them " into the CL qualifiers while failing to mention THE THING that happened to Rangers.

Actually while you lot were walking about with permanent angry faces not watching the big boys League you missed his greatest achievement of getting a bunch of rank rotten hammer throwers to finish second in the League with 70 points.

He'll still always be a shit Sean Bean to me though

McCall's been hooring himself for the Ibrox job ever since he failed miserably at Motherwell.

If you define miserable failure as finishing above Aberdeen in each of his three years at Motherwell

TT

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31838762

Rangers are investigating after it emerged that a newly appointed director at Ibrox apparently tweeted a sexually explicit cartoon of the prophet Mohammed.

The message was sent from Chris Graham's Twitter account to radical Islamist preacher Anjem Choudary on the day of the Charlie Hebdo attack.

Mr Graham was appointed as a non-executive director at Ibrox on Tuesday.

South African businessman Dave King took charge of the club last week.

Barely 24 hours after his appointment, Mr Graham is at the centre of controversy about his activity on social media before he joined the board.

On 7 January, shortly after two gunmen had shot dead 12 people at the offices of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris, the radical Islamist preacher Anjem Choudary sent a message on Twitter which read "freedom of expression does not extend to insulting the prophets of Allah, whatever your views on the events in Paris today!"

Homosexual act

Mr Graham apparently replied by sending a cartoon depicting the prophet Mohammed engaged in an explicit homosexual act.

Part of the message accompanying the drawing read: "You probably won't like this one...then"

Mr Graham, who is 38-years-old, is well known among football fans for representing the Rangers Supporters Trust and running the Rangers Standard website.

His Twitter account is now restricted from public view.

A spokesman for Rangers said: "We are unaware of this but we will look into it."

Mr Graham has so far been unavailable for comment.

Given their lack of due diligence on this Graham character, you wonder whether King et al actually read the contract with MASH Holdings before unceremoniously ejecting the 2 board members appointing by Mr Ashley.

Maybe they'll do a testimonial dinner for Mr Graham as a means of rewarding him for his 22 hours service to the club (or is that the company?). Maybe Donald Findlay QC could provide the entertainment with a spot of Karaoke - I'm sure that Mr Graham would be up for a wee duet of some of the 'old classics'.

TBF Rangers as an entity failed miserably that's why McCall took Motherwell to CL qualifiers

Regardless of that he took Motherwell into Europe for three consecutive seasons - and would have done regardless of Rangers failings

TT

Some finish for the Hibees.

5 points clear after an 88th minute equaliser by Livi.

Thought we had blown it tonight. Livi were much better 2nd half. A decent win on Saturday sets us up for Rangers visit the week after.

At no point did I say it was easy but then you have previous of reading something I post and then jumping to your own conclusions and just making up shit.

Rangers finished second and would have went into the CL qualifiers but they were liquidated so Motherwell replaced them. That's what happened. If you would have said Stuart McCall done a great job getting Motherwell into third place in the League I might have agreed with you but you stressed that he "Took them " into the CL qualifiers while failing to mention THE THING that happened to Rangers.

Actually while you lot were walking about with permanent angry faces not watching the big boys League you missed his greatest achievement of getting a bunch of rank rotten hammer throwers to finish second in the League with 70 points.

He'll still always be a shit Sean Bean to me though

I was just highlighting the fact that you saying that he failed miserably at Motherwell was absolute pish. In actual fact he was a success as Motherwell manager.

Still not 100% sure what he'll be able to do at Ibrox but the next week will help let us know.