Survation Poll - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be fair to say that in Scotland many more people have made up their mind who they will vote for and there is little that would change their minds than voters south of border?

Empirically, I would say that is so.

Just off the back of the referendum and its wake, I think most folk have chosen their vote.

Empirically, I would say that is so.

Just off the back of the referendum and its wake, I think most folk have chosen their vote.

That is what I was thinking.

I see an article on the Daily R*c*rd site suggesting we'll get 5 more years of Cameron because of this. That is despite their own maths showing that the SNP & Labour vote combined would be enough to either form the coalition or at worst vote against a minority Tory or Tory/Lib Dem Govt.

Given that the SNP have categorically stated that they would not enter into any agreement with the Tories this argument that an SNP vote is a Tory vote is total nonsense.

Time to ask the Labour party if they will prop up a Tory minority administration just because it is the opposite of what the SNP would do.

That is what I was thinking.

I see an article on the Daily R*c*rd site suggesting we'll get 5 more years of Cameron because of this. That is despite their own maths showing that the SNP & Labour vote combined would be enough to either form the coalition or at worst vote against a minority Tory or Tory/Lib Dem Govt.

Given that the SNP have categorically stated that they would not enter into any agreement with the Tories this argument that an SNP vote is a Tory vote is total nonsense.

Time to ask the Labour party if they will prop up a Tory minority administration just because it is the opposite of what the SNP would do.

That's the bit that gives the lie.

Scotland returned 41 Labour MPs at the last WM GE - and we got Cameron.

That's the bit that gives the lie.

Scotland returned 41 Labour MPs at the last WM GE - and we got Cameron.

Why don't the SNP just run a campaign of "vote labour get tories" highlighting their commitment to continue austerity/trident etc as well as what happened when Scotland voted labour last time? Red tories or blue tories whats the difference?

Why don't the SNP just run a campaign of "vote labour get tories" highlighting their commitment to continue austerity/trident etc as well as what happened when Scotland voted labour last time? Red tories or blue tories whats the difference?

Think the message is 'be possitive' rather than criticising the opposition; let them make their own mistakes.

I think most people would prefer something along the likes of "Vote SNP, get...a party that will oppose austerity, fight to remove Trident, and work tirelessly for a better deal for Scotland". Most people must be sick of this "Vote x get y" nonsense by now.

Last sentence is key for me.

“There’s a lot of anti-SNP feeling,” says Bill Hanbury, Conservative party constituency chairman. “It’s a bit of a pity that we might split the vote.”

There must be a very significant number of Scots who dont care who wins, Tories, Labour or WhoreDems, their only aim to keep the SNP out. Fckin arseholes.

Edited by kumnio

Last sentence is key for me.

“There’s a lot of anti-SNP feeling,” says Bill Hanbury, Conservative party constituency chairman. “It’s a bit of a pity that we might split the vote.”

There must be a very significant number of Scots who dont care who wins, Tories, Labour or WhoreDems, their only aim to keep the SNP out. Fckin arseholes.

Alex Massie was spot on with that recently:-

"The poll reveals something we’ve long suspected: Scotland’s four party system is no more. Instead the country is divided into two blocks, one Unionist and the other Nationalist. The difference is that the Nationalist block is united but the Unionist vote is still split three ways. Good luck organising effective tactical voting in those circumstances."

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/02/unless-something-changes-soon-scottish-labour-is-doomed/

Alex Massie was spot on with that recently:-

"The poll reveals something we’ve long suspected: Scotland’s four party system is no more. Instead the country is divided into two blocks, one Unionist and the other Nationalist. The difference is that the Nationalist block is united but the Unionist vote is still split three ways. Good luck organising effective tactical voting in those circumstances."

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/02/unless-something-changes-soon-scottish-labour-is-doomed/

It seems it's not just the nationalists who are obsessed with union v independence.

On another front:

Only federalism can now save the Union.

http://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2015/02/andy-maciver-as-scottish-conservatives-gather-for-their-conference-a-stark-message-for-cameron-only-federalism-can-now-save-the-union.html

Edited by exile

Scottish Parliament:

Constituency polling:

• SNP - 48.0%
  • LAB - 27.7%
  • CON - 12.7%
  • LIB - 4.7%
  • GRN - 3.7%
  • UKIP - 2.3%
  • Others - 0.8%

List polling:

• SNP - 38.6%