Guess Who I Just Met? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guess Who I Just Met?

Quite funny for those guys, they've been dining out on it for 48 years now.

:lol:

Quite right too may I add, there won't be many european cup winners from the last 20 years that aren't millionaires, these guys are generally ordinary down to Earth folk who achieved something amazing.

Aye, I don't imagine Messi or Ronaldo will be living in a mid terraced council house when they retire.

Aye, I don't imagine Messi or Ronaldo will be living in a mid terraced council house when they retire.

Although the best players in the world back in the 60s earned an above average living in retirement.

A better comparison would be how an unused sub goalie from a Champions League final these days will end his days....

I had wondered if Andy Goram had been on the bench for Manchester United in the 1999 final, but it was Raymond van der Gouw.

I suppose a comparison would be the sub goalies for the 2 UEFA cup finals scottish clubs competed in.

Magnus Hedman: stayed near me when he was at celtic, drove a hummer, was married to a Swedish model/pop star (since divorced I believe?).

Graeme Smith: Now at Peterhead, the less successful of the 2 ex Rangers keepers called Graeme Smith, probably won't be able to retire on the money he made from football, but having 2 years at ibrox will have no doubt helped him live pretty comfortably if he was sensible with it?

I had wondered if Andy Goram had been on the bench for Manchester United in the 1999 final, but it was Raymond van der Gouw.

I suppose a comparison would be the sub goalies for the 2 UEFA cup finals scottish clubs competed in.

Magnus Hedman: stayed near me when he was at celtic, drove a hummer, was married to a Swedish model/pop star (since divorced I believe?).

Graeme Smith: Now at Peterhead, the less successful of the 2 ex Rangers keepers called Graeme Smith, probably won't be able to retire on the money he made from football, but having 2 years at ibrox will have no doubt helped him live pretty comfortably if he was sensible with it?

Is that who was on the bench for us? I couldn't have told you that. In saying that I was too busy torching cars and looting Boots the Chemist to focus on who the subs were!

Incidentally, I met that Graeme Smith once and he came across as a right whank. A real billy big baws.

Is that who was on the bench for us? I couldn't have told you that. In saying that I was too busy torching cars and looting Boots the Chemist to focus on who the subs were!

My mate took us to a football quiz and they had some cracking questions along those lines.

Incidentally, I met that Graeme Smith once and he came across as a right whank. A real billy big baws.

Strangely I just saw Andy Goram on Rutherglen Main Street.

Might've not been on the bench in a european cup final, but no doubt was on the 315 at Ludlow.

Edited by sbcmfc

Dont think i could name the starting line up, McNeil and Johnstone and Stein the manager is all i know

My dad can name them off the top of his head. He was about 12 at the time they won it and a Celtic fan. That's probably the only reason I would recognise the others and not Fallon

Quite funny for those guys, they've been dining out on it for 48 years now.

Quite right too may I add, there won't be many european cup winners from the last 20 years that aren't millionaires, these guys are generally ordinary down to Earth folk who achieved something amazing.

Bobby Lennox has stayed over back wall from my parents in Saltcoats my whole life.

Lovely guy.

Played drum in orange band seemingly.

Got an absolute doing whilst a killie player. Proper kicking.

let's hope it doesn't say anything Google doesn't like.

Spy agencies could be funding geo-engineering research in pursuit of weaponising the weather, scientists claims

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/spy-agencies-could-be-funding-geoengineering-research-in-pursuit-of-weaponising-the-weather-scientists-claims-10047544.html