Scottish Constituency Polling Thread - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Constituency Polling Thread

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polls show SNP to gain:

• Airdrie & Shotts,
  • Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill,
  • Cumbernauld, Kilsyth & Kirkintilloch East,
  • Dundee West,
  • Glasgow Central,
  • Glasgow East,
  • Glasgow North,
  • Glasgow North West,
  • Glasgow South,
  • Glasgow South West,
  • Gordon,
  • Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey,
  • Motherwell & Wishaw,
  • Paisley & Renfrewshire South
  • West Dunbartonshire.

Labour to hold:

• Glasgow North East (despite 23.5% swing to SNP)
Edited by Clyde1998

Im not trusting any figures until they are officially released. And still plenty of time to go yet before the vote. Im not believing until I see it. It's like #indyref all over again.

There on their website - just in an upload directory. Very poor site security...

Hopefully these polls hold true come May...

Im not trusting any figures

Too right.

There is too much of a swing to SNP in those figures. Smells of a concerted attempt to up the SNP to either encourage people to stick to their "normal" party or to be used as a stick for the SNP when they only pick up 20 seats at the general election.

Polls show SNP to gain:

• Airdrie & Shotts,
  • Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill,
  • Cumbernauld, Kilsyth & Kirkintilloch East,
  • Dundee West,
  • Glasgow Central,
  • Glasgow East,
  • Glasgow North,
  • Glasgow North West,
  • Glasgow South,
  • Glasgow South West,
  • Gordon,
  • Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey,
  • Motherwell & Wishaw,
  • Paisley & Renfrewshire South
  • West Dunbartonshire.

Labour to hold:

• Glasgow North East (despite 23.5% swing to SNP)

that makes 21 for SNP... did they do all constituencies, where is argyl and bute...... a great result for SNP but Liebour will still take about 30... they will take a few lib seats

20 is still be prediction, with lots of close seconds...

Too right.

There is too much of a swing to SNP in those figures. Smells of a concerted attempt to up the SNP to either encourage people to stick to their "normal" party or to be used as a stick for the SNP when they only pick up 20 seats at the general election.

Yep. That too. Some of the polling is far too good to be true. It'll narrow somewhat before May and there will definitely be a concerted campaign to paint the SNP badly in order to try and halt their momentum.

I refuse to believe any of this until the actual vote is in.

that makes 21 for SNP... did they do all constituencies, where is argyl and bute...... a great result for SNP but Liebour will still take about 30... they will take a few lib seats

That's all the ones I could find - I doubt there will be anymore from this batch...

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2015/02/scottish-battleground/#more-7456 description of poll. Just over a quarter of constituencies selected. . They did close run areas plus Gordon and Inverness because of DA and AS

"Douglas Alexander, Labours campaign manager and the Shadow Foreign Secretary, would lose his Paisley & Renfrewshire South seat with a swing to the SNP of 25%. Elsewhere, Salmond would be back in Westminster with a comfortable majority over the Lib Dems, and Chief Secretary Danny Alexander would lose by 29 points."

"Douglas Alexander, Labours campaign manager and the Shadow Foreign Secretary, would lose his Paisley & Renfrewshire South seat with a swing to the SNP of 25%. Elsewhere, Salmond would be back in Westminster with a comfortable majority over the Lib Dems, and Chief Secretary Danny Alexander would lose by 29 points."

I've never been so aroused by words on a computer screen.

I've never been so aroused by words on a computer screen.

He is the one MP I would most like to see booted out. A slimy careerist who stabbed his sister in the back and who has mastered the art of waffling whilst saying nothing. Genetically incapable of holding a principle. Give me an honest to goodness old Labour like Ian Davidson or Margaret Curran any day over D Alexander's smooth faced sociopathy.

Is it possible though that Tory/Lib Dem voters see those polls and vote in marginal seats to keep the SNP out?

Or is it more likely that Tory voters vote SNP in order to keep labour out and secure a Tory Government?

Is it possible though that Tory/Lib Dem voters see those polls and vote in marginal seats to keep the SNP out?

Or is it more likely that Tory voters vote SNP in order to keep labour out and secure a Tory Government?

A good question, and one I think about myself.

Hard to call. If I was a Jackanory, I'd vote Labour. The Tory I know thinks the SNP are more left than Labour, plus, they obviously want to keep their shitey, corrupt union.

Just shows how ridiculous FPTP is. People should vote for whatever party/person they want to win, but with the current system, people can be inclined to vote for someone they hate, in order to keep put someone they hate even more!

Alex Massie had an article that touched on this yesterday:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/02/unless-something-changes-soon-scottish-labour-is-doomed/

"The poll reveals something we’ve long suspected: Scotland’s four party system is no more. Instead the country is divided into two blocks, one Unionist and the other Nationalist. The difference is that the Nationalist block is united but the Unionist vote is still split three ways. Good luck organising effective tactical voting in those circumstances."

Man, I wish the election was tomorrow!

Edited by Maq