Darren Fletcher To West Brom - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher To West Brom

ZoltanBuchan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy to see this.

He deserves another good couple of years of regular football in the Premiership so hopefully this will be a great move for all parties involved and Scotland

Pulis talking about how he is leading the dressing room

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31124672

3 or 4 good games in 60 odd caps isn't it.exactly my point.

No, your exact point was that you couldn't remember him having 3 good games for Scotland.

And that if anyone said Fletcher was a "must start" for Scotland they were ridiculous. When the concept of him being a must start for Scotland wasn't prevalent in this thread.

Isn't it - isn't what, exactly?

He is a good player, if he can find his old form which im still not certain of he can be a main fixture for us again. Just now i see him as a sub, but a very usefull one at that. Would love to see him back to his best and maybe as people have said he just needs some proper playing time. Always a great player to have around any team for his experience and profesionalism alone.

He wears his heart on his sleeve,tackles and runs but for Scotland never possessed enough ability to influence games when we needed him to.sorry I just don't see it at all.

From Sky sports....

Pulis praises captain Fletcher

Last Updated: 13/02/15 23:15

Tony Pulis praises Darren Fletchers impact at WBA

West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis has praised Darren Fletcher's impact at the club since signing on transfer deadline day.

The 31-year-old joined Albion from Manchester United on a free after 12 years at Old Trafford following the arrival of Louis van Gaal, who did not see Fletcher as a big part of his plans.

The Scotland international won the Premier League five times along with the Champions League and FA Cup during his time under Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

Pulis admits Fletcher's quality on the pitch, and winning mentality off it, would be a huge factor in helping his side move away from the relegation zone.

On and off the pitch hes been very good, Pulis said.

Like I said it wasnt just a signing for the 90 minutes on a Saturday, it was a signing to bring someone into the football club who has got good standards and been brought up the right way.

Hes a winner and you need a few of them in your dressing room. Ask any manager up and down the country its lovely to have people like that around you.

I think he will be a big influence behind the scenes as well ass on the pitch. He is the type of player who youngsters can look up to and try and emulate and for the older experienced players he brings that cool collected head that will help them steady the ship

No doubt he has alot to offer a team like west Bromwich in terms of cool head and experience in the face of relegation.

WBA won't be anywhere near relegation by the end of the season IMO.

I reckon Leicester, QPR, and Villa will go down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That has made my day, I said before his move to West Brom that I'd had a bad feeling that he was finished as a player and would never be the same again. Shows how much I fecking know. Good on you Fletcher, long may it continue. Also him and Morrison building up an understanding can only help the Scotland cause.

Another pleasing thing which must be a boost to him is the over-whelming feeling of appreciation he is getting now. At United under Van Gaal and for longish spells under Fergie he was cast aside like a bad smell and you always felt he was a bit-part player. Now at Albion the manager his seemingly building his side around him, he is popular with the fans and most importantly he is a first team regular. All good.