Darren Fletcher To West Brom - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher To West Brom

ZoltanBuchan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone creaming themselves over Darren fletcher.he took years to establish himself at man u.can't remember more than 3 good games for Scotland.he was the brunt of Keane's criticism of the team back in the day.illness and professionalism apart he is the most over overstated Scotland player in history.he isn't fit to lace Gary mac's or jc's jockstraps.nor Barry fergusons come to that.

What is incontrovertible is that Darren Fletcher is a better Scotland captain than Barry Ferguson ever was.

Why is everyone creaming themselves over Darren fletcher.he took years to establish himself at man u.can't remember more than 3 good games for Scotland.he was the brunt of Keane's criticism of the team back in the day.illness and professionalism apart he is the most over overstated Scotland player in history.he isn't fit to lace Gary mac's or jc's jockstraps.nor Barry fergusons come to that.

So what if he was the brunt of Keanes criticism? Keane is a complete and utter and I'm sure he's certifiably insane too.

I think Fletcher's a very good player but he's never bossed internationally matches against the big teams the way Ferguson did.

I think as a player from a big club team he tried to have more influence creatively for scotland which is not one of his strong points, often tried to be a bit too clever and hit world cup passes which doesn't suit him, he never looks comfortable running with this ball at players.

I think because he was the big player from a big team he tried to do everything rather than concentrate on the areas of his game that he was great at. This Kent that his overall game suffered and he made more mistakes than he normally would

Fletcher was fergusons token scotchman.he was surrounded by great players at that time.the role he was given at United was similar lambert at dortmund.overnight he became a player.if fletcher had started his career at Derby.he wouldn't even have been capped.I wanted fletcher to be good but he just wasn't.

Fletcher was fergusons token scotchman.he was surrounded by great players at that time.the role he was given at United was similar lambert at dortmund.overnight he became a player.if fletcher had started his career at Derby.he wouldn't even have been capped.I wanted fletcher to be good but he just wasn't.

Nobody is saying he was the greatest constructive player in the world but his chasing covering ball winning abilities,which every good team has and needs,were essential to M.United and Scotland.

We need all the players we have playing.so a fit fletcher is another player...so from that point if view then ur correct.but so many people have been carried along by the fact he played for man utd

therefore must start is ridiculous.as I say I can't remember 3 good games he played for Scotland...

Edited by allyc