Scotland Vs Republic Of Ireland - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Vs Republic Of Ireland

hunchy

We wore our yellow kit in Dublin (along with a odd yellow shorts combination) so chance we will do same.

Away kit will probably need a run out at some point and suspect it will be used in Dublin plus Tbilisi and/or Faro

I don't see why we need to wear our away strip at all this campaign. Germany, Poland and Georgia all play in white, Gibraltar in red and Ireland in Green. Navy blue does not clash with any of these colours.

We didn't need to wear our away kit in Cardiff, Brussels and Macedonia in the last campaign.

Maybe a little bit of pressure from Adidas to make the team wear it a couple of times (though maybe FIFA/UEFA are being more OCD syndrome-ish about clashes now... After all FIFA are the ones pushing that teams either have to have one main colour full kit or only two different colour schemes).

Edited by wanderer

Alright T.A - Happy new year to ye all - hope the Xmas went well for everyone on here!

Just noticed that sky sports 5 has the highlights of Scotland vs Ireland at 1900 tonight in case anyone is interested

Cheers ....thankfully i missed it :wink2:

It passed me by at the time but any idea why Ireland choose to wear white?

Pretty sure Ersatz's response below is the correct answer.

Add in - it was a new away kit , that was just released by th FAI a month earlier....so maybe a bit of marketing by the F.A.I.....but daft UEFA kit regulations wud by my first guess also

Think it was down to one of these daft kit regulations that FIFA or UEFA insist upon.

Damn...missed it...what was the score ??? :D:D:D

No need for that scott. :-)) ....im still trying to forget our performance that night :wink2:

I don't see why we need to wear our away strip at all this campaign. Germany, Poland and Georgia all play in white, Gibraltar in red and Ireland in Green. Navy blue does not clash with any of these colours.

That would imply that UEFA/FIFA have common sense........hence the answer to your question mate :)

It's also worth remembering that our away kit is awesome while our home kit is instantly forgettable.

I think your home kit is a lovely kit tbh

Yere new away one....its different, ill give ye that :wink2: