Mccoist Resigns - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccoist Resigns

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair Aberdeen have been laughable for much of my time watching football.

Used to enjoy seeing Aberdeen managers getting sacked after getting pumped in Ayrshire.

I can't think of any, off the top of my head, who got sacked after we were pumped in Ayrshire?

Obviously meant a lot to you!

Aitken, McGhee and Willie Miller off top of my head.

Ebbe might have been too after a 4-0.

The only one I can think of is Alex Miller (that was the 4-0).

Edit : there might have been one other, but it wasn't Skovdahl and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Willie Miller......maybe Aitken.

Edited by Rossy

To be fair Aberdeen have been laughable for much of my time watching football.

Used to enjoy seeing Aberdeen managers getting sacked after getting pumped in Ayrshire.

I thought it was us Dons fans who lived in the past? :lol:

so ally has sold his silence. so much for being loyal to rangers, willing to sell his silence despite the fortune he has taken from the club. still a legend? that's a load of pish.

I think people who hold any football player as 'legendary', particularly in the modern game, needs their head looked.

McCoist was paid throughout his career to do something not particularly arduous, he continued that into management and TV. Seeing out his contract is logical as it's simply the conditions he signed up to and I don't really blame him for doing so. In terms of the sporting world, it's probably small potatoes - I've just come from Chicago where a lot of people expect the Bears to write off something like 30/40 million in the next month or so on a single players contract, and then probably sign up a replacement for a similar cost!

Really laugh do think people need to take a step back from all this and realise football is not run in any sort of rational way when it comes to business models and that everyone in the game is doing it simply to make as much as they possibly can financially.

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

so ally has sold his silence. so much for being loyal to rangers, willing to sell his silence despite the fortune he has taken from the club. still a legend? that's a load of pish.

How has he sold his silence?