Mccoist Resigns - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccoist Resigns

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400k pay off or gardening leave.?

How much would he get on gardening leave?

My understanding (on mates who have taken this before) is that they still get paid their wage, but have to keep away from their place of work?!

How much would he get on gardening leave?

My understanding (on mates who have taken this before) is that they still get paid their wage, but have to keep away from their place of work?!

Yip, that's basically it. FM at our place got made redundant this time last year on 3 months notice and they told him just to stay at home.

Anyone got the figures of what the club gets on strip & merch sales compared to what sports directs share is?

There was a post the other week that the club are actually losing money on each shirt sold because Sports Direct are due a fee per shirt which is higher than the current retail price.

Yip, that's basically it. FM at our place got made redundant this time last year on 3 months notice and they told him just to stay at home.

That's what's confusing me then- either £400,000 to go now, or stay away for a year and earn..... £400,000? (If that is what his wages are?)

What's the point in that?

I suppose on garden leave at least they can pay it off monthly!

There was a post the other week that the club are actually losing money on each shirt sold because Sports Direct are due a fee per shirt which is higher than the current retail price.

Yeah thats what I was thinking but what was the breakdown - it was something ridiculous for the club if I remember?

That's what's confusing me then- either £400,000 to go now, or stay away for a year and earn..... £400,000? (If that is what his wages are?)

What's the point in that?

I suppose on garden leave at least they can pay it off monthly!

They probably don't have the £400k to pay up front so paying him his wages is easier. It does mean though that they'll be paying for 2 managers. Unless they decide to keep him. :D

The Company announces that Alastair McCoist, manager of the first team squad, has resigned. His service contract dated 28 December 2010, which was subsequently amended, has a 12 month notice period ("Notice Period"). The Directors will hold discussions with Mr McCoist to seek an amicable solution in the best interests of the Company, and expect to be in a position to make a further announcement before the end of the week. During the Notice Period, Mr McCoist's salary will increase significantly to GBP750,000 per annum.

The Company announces that Alastair McCoist, manager of the first team squad, has resigned. His service contract dated 28 December 2010, which was subsequently amended, has a 12 month notice period ("Notice Period"). The Directors will hold discussions with Mr McCoist to seek an amicable solution in the best interests of the Company, and expect to be in a position to make a further announcement before the end of the week. During the Notice Period, Mr McCoist's salary will increase significantly to GBP750,000 per annum.

Where did you see this?

if true then stating McCoists salary is purely aimed at putting pressure on Ally.

What a thoroughly amicable situation! Seems fitting that McCoists association with Rangers should come to an end in such a way, don't you think....

ah there is more to this mate. Sure it will all come out in the end. I think he would make more from selling a tell all book to be honest. I think fighting for his wad will do him harm however he also holds a significant shareholding so I imagine he will line his shares up with the Rangers fans. I am sure McCoists advisers are looking at options to ensure Ally retains his status amongst the support.