Lolverpool - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Here we go what next fight in a wine bar / two footed tackle / his missus with a gangster,, you will all have to accept that Stevie G is the greatest midfielder Britain has ever produced. :ok:

No doubt, given your moniker, you actually believe that. But most impartial observers, IMO, would hand that title to Paul Scholes. Still, I'd like to thank Liverpool FC for all the cash I've made from laying them regularly over the past five seasons.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt, given your moniker, you actually believe that. But most impartial observers, IMO, would hand that title to Paul Scholes. Still, I'd like to thank Liverpool FC for all the cash I've made from laying them regularly over the past five seasons.

Gerard's not even in the top 5 of the best midfielders Britain has ever produced.

Won a couple of leagues have you, but well done tonight actually winning through from a champions league group, not arsed myself but if your victory pisses off a few of your neighbours in the quiet zone then well done.

If Old Trafford is the quiet zone, God knows what anfield is, a morgue? Goodison far better atmosphere in my experience of visiting both grounds.

Scholes/Lampard were able to adapt their game as they got older.

Gerrard hasn't.

Ah the life of a Liverpool fan, finding some comfort in another team winning to annoy your rival :lol:

That's life as old blue eyes would say.Is this not the same as the TA enjoying it when England lose, or a Celtic/ Rangers fan laughing when the other gets beat, or any rivalry disliking their enemy.

Don;t tell me you are some kind of Kofi Annan or whatever his name is wanting rivalry to end and love each other.

Or maybe it is the fact you dislike my team and wont hear a good word said towards them. :wave: .

No doubt, given your moniker, you actually believe that. But most impartial observers, IMO, would hand that title to Paul Scholes.

I think Bobby Charlton is worth a shout for best ever English midfielder. Won the Ballon D'Or, World Cup, European Cup and had record amounts of caps and goals, amongst other feats.

Rodgers is despereate to replicate Shankly.

Some of the stuff he comes out with is ludicrous and cringeworthy to the highest degree. Talks about stature and history of a club yet backed a Racist and a proven biter on the pitch. Tosser - for the chop from the kop by end of Jan :wave:

Liverpool are a mid table team, have been for years (bar last) and will continue to be. Hope they get pumped on Sunday at United :-))

I think Bobby Charlton is worth a shout for best ever English midfielder. Won the Ballon D'Or, World Cup, European Cup and had record amounts of caps and goals, amongst other feats.

nowhere near it

Off the top of my head British midfielders I would rate higher than Gerard are:

Charlton

Best

Hoddle

Barnes

Scholes

Lampard

Souness

Robson

I could probably also find a place for Gascoigne, Johnstone and Baxter.

That's life as old blue eyes would say.Is this not the same as the TA enjoying it when England lose, or a Celtic/ Rangers fan laughing when the other gets beat, or any rivalry disliking their enemy.

Don;t tell me you are some kind of Kofi Annan or whatever his name is wanting rivalry to end and love each other.

Or maybe it is the fact you dislike my team and wont hear a good word said towards them. :wave: .

Didn't say there was anything wrong will rivalry, just enjoying another epl team losing in the CL :ok:

I'm I the only one who finds Scottish people getting overly defensive of Englishes teams a bit cringey?

I honestly couldn't give a fcuk about who wins EPL. Good for a wind up on here though.

Totally agree especially the ones who like ManUre coz Fergie used to manage Aberdeen.when the whole of Scotland should have supported my team with the connections we had at the time Hansen / King Kenny / Souness / Nicol / Gillespie / and the greatest man to ever walk the football planet Bill Shankly :ok:

Totally agree especially the ones who like ManUre coz Fergie used to manage Aberdeen.when the whole of Scotland should have supported my team with the connections we had at the time Hansen / King Kenny / Souness / Nicol / Gillespie / and the greatest man to ever walk the football planet Bill Shankly :ok:

Many of us did when we were kids, well not "support", as we supported our own Scottish teams, but we did follow them with interest.

I cheered when LFC won the Euro Cup in 1977, 1978 etc.

Then we grew up.

:D

Many of us did when we were kids, well not "support", as we supported our own Scottish teams, but we did follow them with interest.

I cheered when LFC won the Euro Cup in 1977, 1978 etc.

Then we grew up.

:D

:-)) You should have remained a kid or are you a glory hunter :ok:

:-))You should have remained a kid or are you a glory hunter :ok:

If only. :lol:

Certainly not a glory hunter.

Like has been said in other threads, some of it was that there was limited live football, so these games got coverage we normally didn't see.

Plus there was the Scottish connection as you said yourself.

And they were a cracking team to watch. One of the best teams in Europe in my lifetime.A truly great football team IMO.

I'm I the only one who finds Scottish people getting overly defensive of Englishes teams a bit cringey?

I honestly couldn't give a fcuk about who wins EPL. Good for a wind up on here though.

It's normally the 1's who greet about folk not supporting the local team but get in a frenzy for EPL and Sky.

I fancy liverpool to sneak a win on sunday 2-1 or 3-2 with gerrard getting the winner and doing a klinsman style celebration in front of the stretford end. :ok:

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314