Cameron Talking Nonsense - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cameron Talking Nonsense

According to the BBC

Mr Cameron said the Saltire would be flying above 10 Downing Street, as he described how he was "just one of the millions of people who were relieved, proud and delighted that Scotland decided to stay" in the independence referendum.

He added: "There was one big message at the heart of our campaign: We can have a strong UK and a strong Scotland - with its own identity and achievements to celebrate. That's what St Andrew's Day is all about.

"As we celebrate St Andrew's Day, we celebrate Scotland, this great nation of culture and enterprise, of pride and passion, whose countrymen and women gave the world the steam engine, the television, penicillin, James Bond, Harry Potter - even the Higgs boson. Today, Scotland's national day, the world shows its admiration for those achievements, and the bagpipes will ring out from the islands of Argyll to the streets of New York."

where do you start with this pish! How about bagpipes 'ring out' for starters, how the donald duck do bagpipes 'ring'? 'drone'/'sound', surely 'ringing is something that bells do not bagpipes And how the hell has Scotland given the world the Higgs boson - might have been discovered by a guy at Edinburgh but not given!

And he's forgotten to mention that a Scot invented the bleeding telephone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over - though please feel free to join in.

Load of moaning faced buggers on this thread. :mad: The man obviously loves us and would do anything in his power to help us.

That statement has totally changed my view of him, the Conservatives, Westminster and the House of Lords .

I may now campaign for the Tories in the run up to the GE.

Load of moaning faced buggers on this thread. :mad: The man obviously loves us and would do anything in his power to help us.

That statement has totally changed my view of him, the Conservatives, Westminster and the House of Lords .

I may now campaign for the Tories in the run up to the GE.

:ok:

Aberdeenshire, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

Not according to his obituary , that says London.

"Ian Donald Cameron was born in London on October 12 1932, the son of Donald Ewen Cameron and his wife Enid (née Levita), who came from a distinguished Polish banking family. The Camerons had worked in the City for several generations."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/politics-obituaries/7990368/Ian-Cameron.html

EDIT: Also you've perhaps created my single greatest disappointment of the TAMB year so far, when you used a Kardashian metaphor, I was pretty shocked.

Edited by phart

Wiki's source. "Mr Cameron's father, Ian Donald Cameron, hails from Aberdeenshire, but he left his home town of Huntly for the south of England in 1934, aged just two. "

So born in London , then moved back to down there at 2 years old. We'll take him then you can have tony bliar back. He has at least 2 years of residency in England.

Edited by phart