Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

Disgusting challenge from Gomis there. Red card.

You think?? Strong challange won all of the ball and none of the man? Probably a red in today's climate but I think gomis is slightly unlucky.

Willie collum couldn't wait to get his red card out. It's all about him when he is refereeing. He is an utter fud, an incompetent fud. It shows that he took up refereeing at such a young age and has never played the game to any level at all.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think?? Strong challange won all of the ball and none of the man? Probably a red in today's climate but I think gomis is slightly unlucky.

Willie collum couldn't wait to get his red card out. It's all about him when he is refereeing. He is an utter fud, an incompetent fud. It shows that he took up refereeing at such a young age and has never played the game to any level at all.

2 feet off the ground in to browns ankle and wasnt in control of himself. could see he was goong in to hurt brown.

so yes I would say so.

2 feet off the ground in to browns ankle and wasnt in control of himself. could see he was goong in to hurt brown.

so yes I would say so.

On reflection and the benefit of a few more views of it you are right. It was a terrible challenge. Collum is still a self absorbed fud though!

Rangers have now played 3 Premiership teams in cups this season, winning all 3 without conceding a goal, so if we're a poor side (which we are), then the standard of the SPFL Premiership must similarly be slipping.

But they should be better than all of the teams, bar one.

Why do you feel the need to reference the top league?

No-one denies that for a long time now the standard of the Championship and SPFL has been pretty even....it's hardly a shock when a Championship club beats an SPFL club. It happens frequently.

The point is that Rangers are an exception. Their wage bill is considerably more than any club outside Celtic, and because of that it isn't unreasonable to expect some quality.

I've seen only a few Rangers games this season, but what I've seen...and that seems to be backed up by comments from Rangers fans on here....suggests that the quality of Rangers performance is reasonably poor, and rarely hits what should be expected by such highly paid players.

Is that right ?

Again, you're just lashing out because your team is shite.

The fact is, Rangers pay what could be considered SPFL league winning wages for little return in the way of trophies or quality. Their player budget...despite being broke....is probably as much as all the SPFL teams minus Celtic, put together.

Despite that, what you getting as a Rangers fan is under-achieving dross, and because of that you're judging everything else by your standards.

Aberdeen and Dundee United both have a realtively small player budget and both clubs haven't spent a penny (virtually) on buying players for years. Despite that, both of these teams have improved in the last few years and both teams have some excellent youngsters combined with other players who have improved by moving to Pittodrie/Tannadice.

Crowds at Pittodrie have grown because fans know that we have a decent team, and the quality we have on show is better than we've had at the club in many a year.

Just because Aberdeen didn't score the 4 or 5 goals we could have/should have yesterday doesn't mean that we played badly. We didn't, and the quality of both teams far exceeded what I saw at Ibrox today.

Your team is dross, we know that. But other clubs have improved while your new club crept into the 3rd division. You just don't want to admit that.

Lashing out? It seems to be you having the rant. I can accept how poor my team is and can admit it.

You have some sort of Paradise specs on where you think Aberdeen are good. They're not, from what I've seen. We've beaten all 3 SPFL clubs we've played this season and haven't conceded. Aberdeen are out of one cup and unlikely to play us in the other. We'll both be out the League cup shortly.

Your team are probably better than us but not by much and it's not much of a boast. Away and dry yer eyes now.

Lashing out? It seems to be you having the rant. I can accept how poor my team is and can admit it.

You have some sort of Paradise specs on where you think Aberdeen are good. They're not, from what I've seen. We've beaten all 3 SPFL clubs we've played this season and haven't conceded. Aberdeen are out of one cup and unlikely to play us in the other. We'll both be out the League cup shortly.

Your team are probably better than us but not by much and it's not much of a boast. Away and dry yer eyes now.

But, but Aberdeen are good. Are they not? Manager of the year,easily 2nd best side in Scotland and will be looking at winning both cups....will they not?

You must pay 10x what utd pay in wages, last 3 times we have played you in cups we have humped you convincingly. And yet we have finished outside top 3 in spfl. Cutrently i would put my mortgage on Aberdeen to take you apart despite how they played at dens yesterday.

But, but Aberdeen are good. Are they not? Manager of the year,easily 2nd best side in Scotland and will be looking at winning both cups....will they not?

No they will not.

It's only Celtic that cheat their way back into cup competitions after getting knocked out :ok:

See my previous post about The Rangers budget.

I understand why you're lashing out and having a go at someone else, nae worries.... :ok: