Biggest Game In Strachan's Reign - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Biggest Game In Strachan's Reign

Robroysboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the sfa`s best efforts to totally feck up everything that the wee man has managed to do i.e unite the support and return the feelgood factor they have failed [for this game anyway].Tomorrow is as big a game that i have known and that says something as i have followed scotland since 1981 and been to world cups etc.This game will define the campaign even this early in to it so a win is a must as far as i am concerned.Anything else isnt a disaster but certainly doesnt help the cause so i hope the players know what they have to do as the fans certainly do.I hope it is as hostile an atmosphere as poss for 90 minutes anyway as thats what teams expect when they come to glasgow so lets give them it.Before the game and after it no matter the score lets treat the irish fans the way we will want to be treated in dublin as friends and drinking buddie.But for 90 mins make it HOSTILE and cheer the team hopefully to victory. ALBA GU BRATH

I agree, it's such a shame that the money grabbing shitebags at the SFA have driven a wedge between them and us. We really need to try and do something about it but for now it's all about tomorrows game. HOSTILE IS the word. let's get stuck! There are many Irish fans and maybe the odd player that thinks "ooh great, Celtic Park"... well let's give them a memory they'll never forget!!!

Best chance we as fans have had in a while to really create an intimidating atmosphere. Constant booing when Ireland have the ball etc. Scotland Park should be a cauldron and that part is up to us, the players know their part. Hopefully everyone does what they need to and we get that 3-1 result I've been predicting!!

Nervous about the game, even though it's only the fourth game in the campaign it's almost a must-win scenario because of the results Ireland have had so far. Failure to win tonight could come back to bite us later in the competition and make it a mountain to climb if we are to qualify. However, I believe if we put in the same effort we've done in last three matches, we will sneak a victory.

I think we are a much better team and have nothing to worry about apart from the typical Scottish tradition of shooting yersel in the foot which WGS wont allow to happen

A clear victoire with the famous last words proviso

One step closer to qualification.

Still a long way to go but if anyone can get us 2nd or 3rd in this group it's Gordon strachan.

The players want to fight and go through the pain barrier for Strachan.

What a difference in attitude since Mavis.

In GORD we trust

Edited by Robroysboy

Agree with the sentiment of this thread - looking back this was Strachan's first real test since he took over as manager. And came through it with flying colours.

The players definitely look they would run through a brick wall for this man. And let's not forget the contribution of McCall and McGhee. When the latter was appointed as his assistant like many others on here I had severe reservations.But I hold my hands up, he has got on with the job and came across really well at the various Press conferences.

Looking forward to the England game now.

aside from the vital 3 points against ireland , the actual 1-0 scoreline could come in very handy in a head to head situation

it now appears that Poland will storm through the group barring major disasters and most folk expecting germany to get their act together

the 3rd place scenario looks to the most likely achievable scenario ; and i feel we are quite capable of getting at least a draw in dublin

first time since modern day play offs have been introduced that i actually feel positive about us getting a result - lot of this is due to the style GS employs which seems to be most effective away from home ; long may it continue

Aiming for 3rd and assuming Poland will storm through (when we are only 3 points behind them, they have us away and Germany away, plus 2 games against Ireland) is a Levein era attitude. We should be trying to win every game and aiming to finish 1st.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Aiming for 3rd and assuming Poland will storm through (when we are only 3 points behind them, they have us away and Germany away, plus 2 games against Ireland) is a Levein era attitude. We should be trying to win every game and aiming to finish 1st.

Agree, but i would personaaly take third quite happily.

You are also correct though Paris this result against ireland keeps us on course for not only 3rd but automatic qualifcation.

We are just so used to be out of the running by now i think we are being extra cautious by eyeing third.

I think privately WGS will be looking at auto qualification but he will not admit this as it is better to play down our chances and do the talking on the pitch.

Our two hardest away games dortmund and warsaw are out the way. If we can win ALL our homes games, even germany who look fragile. Anything is possible.

In GORD we trust

Edited by Robroysboy

At this stage we could easily finish 4th or 1st. It's that type of group. I'm not that impressed with Ireland but they have an ability to get results, they've played 3 away games and only 1 home so can't rule them out. Poland have been impressive but they've got some hard games to come as well.