Biggest Game In Strachan's Reign - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Biggest Game In Strachan's Reign

Robroysboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I`m not confident.

Many guys here are though.

There is a bit of over-confidence on here considering there's loads of football still to be played

I wouldn't rule Ireland out just yet - while they were poor on Friday night it was still a tight finish. They're still capable of beating Poland and ourselves in Dublin.

Georgia away will be tricky.

It's a tight group and is likely to remain so. I'm just glad we're not out of the running after four matches like the last campaign!

qualification, results of remianing games etc.

Well if we are talking about Scotland's fixtures I went over this earlier.

We have Gibraltar to play twice and if we don't pick up six points there we don't deserve to qualify. Away to Georgia it would go greatly against the grain if Georgia beat us. I'd concede it could conceivably be a draw due to their defensive style and us not being the highest of scorers but with Strachan at the helm he has us believing and we had similar matches last campaign when we won in Macedonia and Croatia so a win is certainly more possible than not. Even so cal lit a draw and it gives us seven more points. Our remaining home games against Germany and Poland I would be confident that we won't lose both games and we could get three or four points from those games (call it three) and Ireland away a draw is certainly not out of the question. That would leave us on a total of 18 points. That means Ireland would need 12 points (from now to the end of the campaign). For them to achieve that they'd need to take points off of Poland in both matches so that pulls Poland back into the scrap with us. If they don't then I cannot see how Ireland finish above us.