Dons Debt News - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to see the new firm on solid foundations now, could we actually see a realistic challenge in the next few years at the top of Scottish football? I doubt it but it would be great to see. Meanwhile rangers stumble along, trading while insolvent

Aye mate. Interesting times ahead with both Dons and Utd getting their act together on and off the field after years misery

agreed, commonsense finally returning to scottish football finances. great for both clubs, hopefully we can try and make a dent in the cups and league going forwards.

HBOS must have taken a bit of a hit I assume.

Can't see the Community Trust having put anything in, they don't really have any funds.

I would expect the shares they are getting to have been gifted to them.

Given that Milne guaranteed the bank debt, there's no reason why HBOS would take a hit.

Agree about the trust though.

I sense you have your head up your arse if you think this is any reflection of AFC's financial performance.

Don't really care at the moment.

No creditors left without payment

No debt

No debt interest repayments

No spivs in the boardroom

No fans getting fleeced over share issues

Can't see how this could be anything but brilliant news for Aberdeen FC

Scottish football will benefit....

I sense you have your head up your arse if you think this is any reflection of AFC's financial performance.

:lol:

Aberdeen are debt free, our team is in hawk to Ashley and you're raging.

It's a great day :)

Living on Milne's charity, good work.

Oh come on! Nice try but you can't be serious. :wave:

Even if it was his Charity or anyone else's the club is in a much better position than it was which is a cause for celebration for the club and it's fans. Our spending on wages, transfer fees etc is managed well compared to turn over and has been improving for a few years now - the club is being run properly, within it's means as are many Scottish clubs these days. It's the latest fashion in Scottish fitba and long may it continue!

'Armageddon' right enough, clubs lining up to agree a way to be debt free, living within their means, fans having an ever bigger say in how their clubs are run, young Scottish players coming through each clubs youth system and breaking into first teams.....this sensible, sustainble approach may just be catching on and provide the country with a league and national team it can be proud of..... if this is Armageddon then i'm all for it.

TBH I hope you get pumped in the League Cup semi

I'm still hoping for a Dundee win then.

If you believe the internet, Willie & Elaine paid off £9million to the bank and were then gifted 20% of the club.

Milne & AAM then wrote off their loans.

Hopefully this £14million war chest will be large enough to sign a left back. I'm not hopeful though.

No link yet. Although, the debt agreements were reached after the accounting period.

Okay. Aberdeen obviously in an envious position (from a Rangers fan point of view), but all seems a bit murky, at this stage.

Certainly seems unlikely that this has been achieved by trading, so a bit silly to say it's some kind of anti-Armageddon result. But congrats to Aberdeen - if it all comes off, it's where every Scottish football fan wants their club to be (financially).

As a neutral this looks like a very good deal. Fresh capital is being invested diversifying club ownership further one would think and the money is being used to clear the debt, not spunked on a title winning squad that is unsustainable or on a stadium no one wants in a place no one wants to go. Milne is capitalizing his debt to match the new capital coming in so probably he does not get too diluted. This puts AFC onto a rock solid financial footing and assuming they do not borrow again (for a new stadium) there is no reason why they should not stay debt free (give or take an operational overdraft on occasion). It is hard to imagine any serious financial threats to AFC now in the short & medium term.