Dons V Celtic - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dons V Celtic

Whit a bunch of fannies.

I just watched that and it sounds like a few individuals to me. Given the sweeping comments about Celtic fans being scum etc I was expecting a large number to be 'protesting' the minutes silence.

Whatever you think of them using them to smear an entire support most of whom seemed to be observing the silence is worse than the actions of the fannies themselves.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the observable differences you see on here, whenever someone talks about the scummy element in the RFC support they typically make it clear that this is not all Hhuns they are talking about and that good hhuns do exist etc etc but when it comes to threads on Celtic fans you rarely see those qualifiers and instead you see sweeping comments on all Celtic fans (old, young, alike). There seems to be a real desire to cast them all as one homogenous scummy individual. And it is noticeable a lot of it is coming from Aberdeen fans.

Celtic fans behave like scum.

Why is anyone surprised at this in the slightest ? It's hardly anything new.

Anyway, more importantly, I'm encouraged by the way Aberdeen played....far the better team for the last 30 minutes after Celtic dominated early 2nd half possession.

Logan was superb again, Taylor played excellently, and the Celtic forward line hardly got a kick. I though all Dons players performed well, and only a combination of poor finishing and a couple of moments of slack defending stopped us getting 3 points.

Overall, no big deal. Celtic will win the league, and we're only 4 points off 2nd having performed averagely so far. I would have been far more concerned if we'd been rank today, but for long periods we were by far the better team.

Shit happens in football, but the positives from today far outweigh the negatives.

I thought our midfield was absolutely honking but each to their own. Their two centre halfs were allowed to waltz right through the middle at will.

Luckily I thought our defence was solid, Taylor especially. Hayes had a good game again, and I thought Goodwillie looked good when he came on too. Mcginn in the first half was shite, but he looked a lot better in the second half when cutting in from the left.

Thought at times we played some really nice football, but Jack and Robson don't work together in the midfield and more often than not they both slowed the game down, Jack especially with his trademark backwards passing. That said, I'm glad he had a pop at goal in the first half from just outside the box. Was a pretty good effort.

This is one of the observable differences you see on here, whenever someone talks about the scummy element in the RFC support they typically make it clear that this is not all Hhuns they are talking about and that good hhuns do exist etc etc but when it comes to threads on Celtic fans you rarely see those qualifiers and instead you see sweeping comments on all Celtic fans (old, young, alike). There seems to be a real desire to cast them all as one homogenous scummy individual. And it is noticeable a lot of it is coming from Aberdeen fans.

Happens with every support not just the Ugly Sisters.On numerous occasions in Tamb history there has been sweeping generalisations of the Aberdeen support for singing songs about Jimmy Savile,Ibrox disaster etc etc when quite clearly it is a small minority.

I just watched that and it sounds like a few individuals to me. Given the sweeping comments about Celtic fans being scum etc I was expecting a large number to be 'protesting' the minutes silence.

Whatever you think of them using them to smear an entire support most of whom seemed to be observing the silence is worse than the actions of the fannies themselves.

I think the vocal reaction from the Aberdeen fans tells you how disrespectful the noise was from the away end.

From both videos it sounds more than just a few individuals. It wasn't all of them, but it wasn't just one or two.

That said, it only takes one bad apple...

I think the vocal reaction from the Aberdeen fans tells you how disrespectful the noise was from the away end.

From both videos it sounds more than just a few individuals. It wasn't all of them, but it wasn't just one or two.

That said, it only takes one bad apple...

I was right at the fence, and to me it sounded as though at the start it was one or two. Towards the end of the silence (20 seconds to go or so) it was as though a small group were coming in and had started a song, but it did sound like the singing was coming from outside the stand to start with. I'm not sure how much the TV picked up, but fair play to some celtic fans who told the clowns to wise up.

Happens with every support not just the Ugly Sisters.On numerous occasions in Tamb history there has been sweeping generalisations of the Aberdeen support for singing songs about Jimmy Savile,Ibrox disaster etc etc when quite clearly it is a small minority.

It is a weird dynamic as it seems to me RFC fans really hate AFC fans and AFC fans really hate CFC fans.

Also I think Aberdonians in general like to think their shite does not stink as well. But I would argue that Aberdeen is one of the most prejudiced cities in Scotland maybe second only to here fellow No voting city Edinburgh.

Sectarianism is not the only prejudice rife in Scotland and the one that courses through the veins of Aberdeen is snobbery. Just throwing that out there.

It is a weird dynamic as it seems to me RFC fans really hate AFC fans and AFC fans really hate CFC fans.

Also I think Aberdonians in general like to think their shite does not stink as well. But I would argue that Aberdeen is one of the most prejudiced cities in Scotland maybe second only to here fellow No voting city Edinburgh.

Sectarianism is not the only prejudice rife in Scotland and the one that courses through the veins of Aberdeen is snobbery. Just throwing that out there.

can't even bring myself to watch any of these video clips

do recall a stooshie some years back at hampden when some hertz fans chose to ignore the minutes silence for a pope passing ; cup final was it ?

Was reported on and condemned all around the world, would have expected better from Britains "bravest" team, an embarrassing day to be from Edinburgh

He said that they couldn't comment because they weren't aware of the facts, completely oblivious to the fact the he is not aware of the facts either, and neither are you for that matter. The only people who know exactly what happened are Tonev and possibly Logan.

I agree with that. So why was McInnes being labelled a sleekit rat (or some childish p1sh i can't be ersed going back to check) by saying that Brown and Delia shouldn't have made the comments they did because they didn't know the facts??? What was wrong with saying that?! Ah, yes - absolutely nothing, but it was against Celtic so based solely on that - it's completely unacceptable. Celtic has fast become a total joke club.

can't even bring myself to watch any of these video clips

do recall a stooshie some years back at hampden when some hertz fans chose to ignore the minutes silence for a pope passing ; cup final was it ?

Was reported on and condemned all around the world, would have expected better from Britains "bravest" team, an embarrassing day to be from Edinburgh

semi final in 2005

while there was an argument as to why there was a minutes silence, seemed like the SFA were pandering to Celtic again as there were many games in Scotland that weekend that didn't

having said that we should have been able to keep quiet for 60 seconds, i certainly did.

Funny how Dan Cake is the one commenting on it, seem to recall on several occasions we have had to have a minutes appluase instead of a minutes silence at Derby games and even then Hibs fans singing cancer songs over a minutes applause for a cancer victim

I'm not going to condone people videoing an entire support hoping for a reaction from someone - but to suggest they are as bad as those acting in such a disgusting manner doesn't really make any sense to me. I was at the game, I can tell you first hand it wasn't a few individuals behaving in this way. It's only fair to point out that there were some Celtic fans telling trying to tell the idiots to shut up. I also don't think it's fair to generalise about an entire support based on a section of idiots.

Defending such nonsense behaviour totally bewilders me though.

hey dont leave the arabs out - we hate all of you - equally!!

I've read some sh1t on this board, but well played sir!! Take a bow.

I'm not going to condone people videoing an entire support hoping for a reaction from someone - but to suggest they are as bad as those acting in such a disgusting manner doesn't really make any sense to me. I was at the game, I can tell you first hand it wasn't a few individuals behaving in this way. It's only fair to point out that there were some Celtic fans telling trying to tell the idiots to shut up. I also don't think it's fair to generalise about an entire support based on a section of idiots.

You need to read more carefully.

Youtube videos can appear to show the truth but they never tell the whole story.I remember EK Celt posted one of a group of Aberdeen fans outside Ibrox tube station and some amount of eyewitness bullshit and speculation was posted about the incident on here. Sometimes you just have to be there.

Rossy didn't watch the video did he.

A stupid flip wit of a aberdeen fan filming other supporters praying for noise. He then proceeds to hurl abuse as 99.9% of the celtic fans are standing in silence. Where is his respect? Another arsehole in front of him filming Aswell.

Pathetic.

This is one of my favourite posts here. So celtic supporting scum refuse to respect the minutes silence, captured on a phone but whats the response? attack the boy who filmed it.

Almost without exception, the Celtic fans that post regularly on here are apologists for the large amount of scumbags in their support.

In contrast, most of the Rangers fans that post on here have condemned for years the behaviour of large elements of their support.

There's good and bad in every support. In the TA board context, you can only go with what you read on here.

couldn't disagree more. Whenever rangers fans are attacked on here for being a totally obnoxious bunch of idiots it is almost always all rangers fans being accused (and I admit I am guilty of this). I don't see any difference at all in how other fans talk about either half. And to say that aberdeen fans are more critical of celtic than rangers is totally laughable

:ok:

If I was a Celtic fan I would just acknowledge this an condeme it but it is never that simple for them.

I don't know how difficult it is to keep quiet for a minute & if folk have a problem with it, they should stay outside until it's over.

That said, there must have been a couple of thousand Celtic fans there & on the whole it seemed they were quiet. Sadly, you can't legislate for a couple of individuals.

I'm sure not every single Aberdeen fan sings songs about the Ibrox Disaster, Simmie, etc, so I wouldn't dream of tarring them all with the same brush. Every support unfortunately has its share of clowns.

I don't know how difficult it is to keep quiet for a minute & if folk have a problem with it, they should stay outside until it's over.

That said, there must have been a couple of thousand Celtic fans there & on the whole it seemed they were quiet. Sadly, you can't legislate for a couple of individuals.

I'm sure not every single Aberdeen fan sings songs about the Ibrox Disaster, Simmie, etc, so I wouldn't dream of tarring them all with the same brush. Every support unfortunately has its share of clowns.

I wholeheartedly condemn the idiots that do sing these songs.