League Cup Semi Final Draw - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League Cup Semi Final Draw

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to listen to this pish for 3 months now - just play it next week and get it by with.

Was listening to Radio Scotland earlier and Chick Young was wanking himself into a frenzy over the prospect of an OF derby. It will be good for all of scottish football, it's the game everybody wants to see, etc.

Glad to see the pundits saying it will be great for the Scottish game

I dont

Will be more venom & bitterness than any old firm fixture that has gone before & it will be a day for avoiding the town & pubs

Glad to see the pundits saying it will be great for the Scottish game

I dont

Will be more venom & bitterness than any old firm fixture that has gone before & it will be a day for avoiding the town & pubs

Agreed. Stab city that day.

Could they not have it as an early kick off?

Possibly, but the semis over the last couple of years have been 15.00 on a Saturday, and Sunday afternoon.

I'm presuming that both games will be played at Hampden, so I suppose in theory that Rangers - Celtic could be a 12.30 KO on the Saturday and Dons - United on the Sunday.

I doubt if that'll happen though. The only sensible option is to have Dons/United in Glasgow on the Saturday at 15.00, and Rangers/Celtic as a 09.00 Sunday morning game...

A 17.000 capacity ?

I seriously doubt it. Possibly Easter Road but even then we'd only get something like 9K tickets each.

The game has to be in Glasgow.

We took over 16k for a Sunday lunchtime televised kick off for our last semi. Utd 13k for the same on a Saturday.

3pm on a Saturday with no live tv should surely see both those figures matched or exceeded.