Netherlands V Scotland Match Thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netherlands V Scotland Match Thread

slasher

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Toepoke said:

Getting 2003 flashbacks here 🫣

Same. Things is this Dutch team is nowhere near as good as that one was. We’ve been absolutely trounced here and it’s a massive worry the number of goals we are conceding against top teams.

1 minute ago, BryanBlessed said:

I think that's the way Clarke is going to see it, though.

We're in serious trouble in the Euros if this is the best we can do.  Our senior players haven't turned up, at all.

The performance has fallen off a cliff now but there was a lot to be enthusiastic about in the first hour. We take the positive and learn from the rest 👍

Thank feck for that FT whistle

I know it’s a friendly but mentally this could be harming as we’ve been comfortably beaten whenever we’ve faced a big team. Just hope the players don’t drop their heads and take the positives forward but learn from the negatives

We need a central midfielder who knows how to anchor. Gilmour can't do his job without a partner. And Mctominay needs to be further forward. He drifted way too much and left gaps. 

A good case tonight for Macgregor retaining his role or giving Christie a chance in the position he plays in the PL. Keep Mctominay out of there

We were better than 4-0, shit happens, 3 wins afore we go get a bit of confidence into us. As I said earlier we need to learn from this harsh lesson. 

Looks like I was wrong to call for Souttar and Shankland (though the former was much worse). 

Robbo has gone back to being unable to cross in a Scotland shirt and, Patterson was embarrassingly bad tonight and still looks like a raw youth-team player. What's happened to Tierney's attacking prowess and McGinn, having has a rest at his club, looked way off it.

The positives were Gilmour (world-class in my opinion) Christie and McTominay (in the first half at least). Defence completely fell apart towards the end even considering the changes.

I suppose it's only a friendly and we wouldn't see all those changes usually, but I'm seriously worried about the Euros now.

An absolute sh!tshow,we may have improved during the qualifying campaign to an extent but I fear when we come up against other qualified teams we just won’t be as good as them ultimately. We’ll likely get a point at best in the group again - would forget about getting out the group, yet again 🫤 

Just now, bonzo said:

We were better than 4-0, shit happens, 3 wins afore we go get a bit of confidence into us. As I said earlier we need to learn from this harsh lesson. 

Better the harsh lesson is now - if it's learned from - than the bubble bursting in the opening game

The first choice back 5 have to play 90 minutes and that’s that.

Shankland is not mobile enough to be a starter.

Wel’ll need to be more ruthless if we’re going to threaten to get out of the group in Deutschland!

I’m logging oot and getting smashed!

3 minutes ago, BryanBlessed said:

Anyone starting to think the unthinkable that Gordon should be our 1st choice keeper?

wouldn't say Gunn was responsible for any of the goals. Not sure Gordon or anyone else could organise a back five without Tierney.

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

The first choice back 5 have to play 90 minutes and that’s that.

Shankland is not mobile enough to be a starter.

Wel’ll need to be more ruthless if we’re going to threaten to get out of the group in Deutschland!

I’m logging oot and getting smashed!

Amen!!!