Lewis Ferguson......🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lewis Ferguson......🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone else away to click on the link, he isn't injured.  Enjoy the Op-Ed. I'm sitting here pen on paper trying to figure out how to get him in my 11.

36 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

For everyone else away to click on the link, he isn't injured.  Enjoy the Op-Ed. I'm sitting here pen on paper trying to figure out how to get him in my 11.

This boy is class.. Was also thinking where not when, where he fits in...👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

He has done amazingly well since moving to Italy.

If McGinn were to get injured, he then gets the jersey with confidence.

Has to get serious game time in the upcoming friendlies.

I have a formation I'm playing with

4-2(Gilmour and McGregor)-1(Ferguson)-2(McGinn and McSauce)-1

It has us a bit narrow and has McTominay not playing to his strength's.

4-3-2-1

Perhaps we go with a Christmas tree, it leaves Christie on the bench so that's up for debate.

Amazing scenario we are in, as in we seem to be developing a stronger bench however this pans out. 

11 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

4-3-2-1

Perhaps we go with a Christmas tree, it leaves Christie on the bench so that's up for debate.

Amazing scenario we are in, as in we seem to be developing a stronger bench however this pans out. 

Wait until Ben Doak arrives !! 😂 Some talent we have coming through now. I'm 55, maybe I will see Scotland lift the World Cup before I die.. 😇🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😂

5 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

The Italians cannot believe he is not an automatic pick for our first team. 

I guess they've never seen McGinniesta in action then

6 hours ago, romanticscot said:

4-3-2-1

👏

For a while I've also been thinking the Christmas Tree might be a viable option for our team. We don't have many wide players but the formation doesn't really require wide players as such. What it does make use of are attacking midfielders (or inside forwards, if you like) supporting the centre-forward, and we have several decent players who can play there. Christie could even come in for McGregor as part of the central midfield three.

The formation would allow us to get most of our best players on the pitch at once (with the exception of Tierney, although he is injured half the time anyway). The main negative point is we'd be relying on the full-backs to supply most of the width, but that isn't really much different to the formation we play currently.

Could you ever have imagined this? One of the top players in the Italian top league not a guarantee to start for Scotland? I never in my wildest dreams. I don't know what it is, or who is to take credit, but we have some talent coming now, and a top manager... With the right formation, using every player to their proper potential, we have some side coming through. The thing I love the most compared to previous years, not one of these players call in sick. They want to be a part of this, they want to represent Scotland.... They I ow now that the jersey is not a given, they must work for it.. Good times ahead troops..

All we need now is a striker, and if you ask me, get a midfield that can feed Shankland, we are on it.....

Alba Gu Brath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

41 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Could you ever have imagined this? One of the top players in the Italian top league not a guarantee to start for Scotland? I never in my wildest dreams. I don't know what it is, or who is to take credit, but we have some talent coming now, and a top manager... With the right formation, using every player to their proper potential, we have some side coming through. The thing I love the most compared to previous years, not one of these players call in sick. They want to be a part of this, they want to represent Scotland.... They I ow now that the jersey is not a given, they must work for it.. Good times ahead troops..

All we need now is a striker, and if you ask me, get a midfield that can feed Shankland, we are on it.....

Alba Gu Brath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Alba Gu Brath 

16 hours ago, g@un said:

He has done amazingly well since moving to Italy.

If McGinn were to get injured, he then gets the jersey with confidence.

Has to get serious game time in the upcoming friendlies.

Ferguson would benefit massively from an injury crisis. I'm certainly not hoping for that to happen. But that is often how fringe players stake a claim. Porteous really only got drafted in because of injuries, and now he is a vital part of our squad.

Ferguson is 6 years younger than McGregor, and 5 years younger than Christie. So you'd think his time will come. But it does seem mental that a player of his qualities can't get a game for us.

think its a straight shootout between him and christie for mcgregor position due to injury but both give different options.

Christie in his new bournemouth role will be beside gilmour sitting in front of our 3 defenders with mctominay and mcginn in front of them behind striker.

Ferguson would be behind striker with mcginn and mctominay behind him and gilmour behind them.

Will depend on who we play.

Thats where I feel both ferguson and christie are now both best suited but both are flexible. Mcgregor is a big part of this current team but this season he has been poor for celtic and these friendlies depending on what happens will give clarke sleepless nights I feel with the players that come in desperate for a starting spot.

Midfield now can cope with a couple of injuries but i obviously dont want any. The full back positions as everyone says is whats worrying just now. Hope Patterson has a storming couple of games for us in these friendlies or someone comes in from nowhere as hickey is definitely a mibby at this stage.

I remember the 98 world cup when our best player and captain mcallister got injured and missed it. Theres no doubt we would have been stronger with him in team other than darren jackson.

Possibly 4-2-3-1 with the 3 attacking players playing more centrally and the FB's offering the width?

Gunn

Hickey - Porteous - Souttar - Robertson

Gilmour - Christie

McGinn - Ferguson - McTominay

Shankland

We've got 4 friendlies coming up before the Germany game so might as wel try various formations/systems/tactics etc.

Would love to see Christie in a new depper role for Scotland and for Ferguson to be integrated into the team as he is playing too well to be left out now.

You can't drop the likes of McSauce, McGinn, Gilmour though which only really leaves McGregor who has played well for Scotland but he's not had any real competiton for his place until now so would like to see what our other options are before the euros.

32 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Would love to see Christie in a new depper role for Scotland and for Ferguson to be integrated into the team as he is playing too well to be left out now.

You can't drop the likes of McSauce, McGinn, Gilmour though which only really leaves McGregor who has played well for Scotland but he's not had any real competiton for his place until now so would like to see what our other options are before the euros.

What's this "McSauce" pish? Get that patter to absolute fuck.

On 3/11/2024 at 1:04 PM, DesiScotsman said:

Possibly 4-2-3-1 with the 3 attacking players playing more centrally and the FB's offering the width?

Gunn

Gilmour - Christie

Shankland

We've got 4 friendlies coming up before the Germany game so might as wel try various formations/systems/tactics etc.

Get Craig Levein back in and go 4-6-0

To get our best and in-form players on the pitch, you could go something like 4/2/3/1

Patterson Souttar/Hendry Tierney Robertson

Gilmour  Christie

McTominay. Ferguson.  McGinn

Shankland

Id be interested to see a team like this during the friendlies 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:04 PM, DesiScotsman said:

Gunn

Gilmour - Christie

Shankland

Similar idea to this

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

To get our best and in-form players on the pitch, you could go something like 4/2/3/1

Patterson Souttar/Hendry Tierney Robertson

Gilmour  Christie

McTominay. Ferguson.  McGinn

Shankland

Id be interested to see a team like this during the friendlies 

I think this could be a good long term solution. However, trying a new system this close to the Euros definitely won't happen. 

After the tournament, Clarke might start to think a bit more about what other systems we can play to fit in our best players. The 5-4-1 won't suit Doak, for example, unless he ends up playing as the lone striker. He could end up being on the same level as Tierney, Robertson and Gilmour. I.e So good that we need to adapt the team to get the best out of him.

Patterson still very much has the potential to take it up a notch. Then we end up having another conundrum. As Hickey is far too good not to play as well.

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I think this could be a good long term solution. However, trying a new system this close to the Euros definitely won't happen. 

After the tournament, Clarke might start to think a bit more about what other systems we can play to fit in our best players. The 5-4-1 won't suit Doak, for example, unless he ends up playing as the lone striker. He could end up being on the same level as Tierney, Robertson and Gilmour. I.e So good that we need to adapt the team to get the best out of him.

Patterson still very much has the potential to take it up a notch. Then we end up having another conundrum. As Hickey is far too good not to play as well.

As much as i love Steve Clarke and think he is a legend, for me he plays it too safe at times. There has been at times during the previous qualifying campaigns where we have played essentially the same shape/first 11 and there hasn't been much of a plan b so to speak. Understandably he has been trying to keep a settled team but we are very predictable at times (Ukraine play off comes to mind and we were totally outplayed). 

Now is definitely the time to try out Christie in a deeper role and to fit Ferguson into the team before the Euros as we will need to adapt against better opposition IMO and we have a lot of good players bang in form sitting on the bench which is a waste.