Five Match Package - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Five Match Package

Rich NATA

3 hours ago, deso1 said:

Aye, the last Poland match, their fans were all around the stadium.

That was a proper qualifiers, so I imagine their will be even more polish folk this time. (I know i will be purchasing a few for my polish family members).

Hopefully the June send off match will be reasonably well subscribed.

Great.So good to hear that.😪

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont think the prices are that bad , everything has gone up in price massively and there is not much you can get for £30-£35 quid these days . A bag of Bombay Mix has gone up fookin 45% . 

Based on these prices it’s a fair price!!

IMG_7686.png

11 hours ago, macwomble said:

IMG_7686.png

Exactly. It’s the national team we are paying to see . The best players our country has. I could understand folk moaning a few years ago when we were honking , in the same way every fan would moan about the price of tickets if their team was shite, but we are doing ok just now. And it doesn’t bother me paying for friendlies either, the national team dont get together that often , they need every opportunity to test themselves collectively against players other than their squad mates . 

12 hours ago, macwomble said:

IMG_7686.png

Correct - i pay £25-33 every second week for away games watching Killie. 

Paying £30 to see Scotland is hardly sky high. 

You'd be guts of £15 these days to go to the cinema before you've even bought any food or drink. 

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Game a week before we go to Germany? It;ll be a sell out. 

It would be really good if it was, but I can't see it. If the loyalty point counts towards the round of 16 game, then they might sell a few more tickets, I suppose?

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It would be really good if it was, but I can't see it. If the loyalty point counts towards the round of 16 game, then they might sell a few more tickets, I suppose?

Hopefully everyone turns up otherwise the Fin’s will buy up all the home end tickets , Iv started shiting myself about it already 

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

As i've said before, anyone who is in the SSC and wants a last 16 ticket will get one. 

37,500 in it. Lots of them won't be going to Germany (kids/folk that can't afford it/elderly etc) and out those who do go, i'd be surprised if 6,000+ can afford to/can get time off work/family commitments allow them to add on an extra week/another weekend trip at the drop of a hat.

27 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hopefully everyone turns up otherwise the Fin’s will buy up all the home end tickets , Iv started shiting myself about it already 

haha, it's amazing how scared folk are about away fans in the home end but think nothing of going in the home ends abroad en masse!

I'm happy with pricing structure.

From memory, an additional point was given to those buying the home match package in the past.  No mention of that this time round, with no price saving,  the only benefit of buying the package is an earlier choice of seat, am I reading that correct?

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

I know. It's a real problem. Can't believe how many Fins live in the uk. 😷

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

They'll be lobbing their Nokias & reindeer pies at us, think of the carnage 😱

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Game a week before we go to Germany? It;ll be a sell out. 

I’m actually looking forward to this game the most.  Friday night in June a week before we go to Germany. Hopefully a party atmosphere.

My brother in law follows Northern Ireland home and away and just bought his ticket for the game next month. The NI fans are being charged £35 (probably not helped by Ticketmaster being their ticket agent) and more interestingly they are being housed in block G. I can't remember there being many occasions where the away fans were anywhere other than block A but maybe the SFA are noticing the week day schedules and predicting lower numbers of kids so putting the away fans in the West Stand?

11 hours ago, Rawlinho said:

My brother in law follows Northern Ireland home and away and just bought his ticket for the game next month. The NI fans are being charged £35 (probably not helped by Ticketmaster being their ticket agent) and more interestingly they are being housed in block G. I can't remember there being many occasions where the away fans were anywhere other than block A but maybe the SFA are noticing the week day schedules and predicting lower numbers of kids so putting the away fans in the West Stand?

The away fans are always in the corner of the west stand. Surely?

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Block G is the East Stand though.

Probably putting them in the East end of the stadium as a wind up.

Last time i can remember away fans being put in the east stand was england in the 80s i think. 

Aye sorry meant East stand, had a mare there. I've got a vague memory of some countries with very few fans being put in that corner but I think NI are bringing around 4k fans. With the other teams in the NL probably not having big numbers of away fans (apart from Poland) maybe it'll be the same for all teams? Alternatively maybe it's just for NI and the police have requested it? 

8 hours ago, thesaint said:

Last time i can remember away fans being put in the east stand was england in the 80s i think. 

I think they went in there of their own accord.

(and were removed by someone else's 😄)

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I think they went in there of their own accord.

(and were removed by someone else's 😄)

I do remember them getting kicked out but thought they were the ones who had got tickets in the east stand next to the official away end but in with the home support. To be honest it was a long time ago but seem to remember at that time the west stand was only for home fans. Don't seem to remember away fans in there at that time. 

On 2/14/2024 at 3:05 PM, thesaint said:

Pedant Alert!!!

Surely there was no East stand in the 1980s? 😃

On 2/13/2024 at 2:10 PM, Willie64 said:

I'm happy with pricing structure.

From memory, an additional point was given to those buying the home match package in the past.  No mention of that this time round, with no price saving,  the only benefit of buying the package is an earlier choice of seat, am I reading that correct?

Your memories playing tricks.