Six Nations 2024 - Page 3 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Six Nations 2024

Hertsscot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The wins makes last week harder to take. We'd have a shot at a slam had that gone our way

Only ourselves to blame for that one.

Finn Russell (or whoever was deciding these things) gambling for 7 points twice when 3 free points were on offer against France cost us badly in the final analysis.

Contrast that with today's decisions in three similar circumstances.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The wins makes last week harder to take. We'd have a shot at a slam had that gone our way

If we beat Italy and Ireland I’m unofficially awarding us the grand slam so don’t worry 👍 

7 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Only ourselves to blame for that one.

Finn Russell (or whoever was deciding these things) gambling for 7 points twice when 3 free points were on offer against France cost us badly in the final analysis.

Contrast that with today's decisions in three similar circumstances.

Disagree. The ref and TMO also played a part, scotland may not have taken their chance early on but that doesn't dismiss the horrendous error but the ref and TMO. If scotland had scored more earlier there is no telling how the game would've panned out. 

In the 80th minute scotland had the ball clearly grounded but the ref and tmo screwed us over. Had that try been awarded, nothing could change after that because the game was over.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Disagree. The ref and TMO also played a part, scotland may not have taken their chance early on but that doesn't dismiss the horrendous error but the ref and TMO. If scotland had scored more earlier there is no telling how the game would've panned out. 

In the 80th minute scotland had the ball clearly grounded but the ref and tmo screwed us over. Had that try been awarded, nothing could change after that because the game was over.

Exactly that

I do hope this is a springboard to more participation and more success. We're still over reliant on residency and grandparents.

On another note, I was amused to see Cammy Redpath coming back on with what looked like  a toilet roll stuffed up his nose. I can't imagine that's easy to play with.

45 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I do hope this is a springboard to more participation and more success. We're still over reliant on residency and grandparents.

On another note, I was amused to see Cammy Redpath coming back on with what looked like  a toilet roll stuffed up his nose. I can't imagine that's easy to play with.

Slightly off topic but Watching redpath do that then watching 5 minutes of football afterwards and I found myself cringing.

Every 6N, rugby world cup or autumn tests makes me realise how pathetic football can be.

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotland to beat Italy, England to some how beat Ireland........all or nothing in Dublin

I can dream can't I 

Ireland would probably get two bonus points and we get none. 🤣

But a win in Dublin would be a bit special.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Slightly off topic but Watching redpath do that then watching 5 minutes of football afterwards and I found myself cringing.

Every 6N, rugby world cup or autumn tests makes me realise how pathetic football can be.

Football players pretend to be hurt and rugby players pretend not to be hurt. 

14 minutes ago, bonzo said:

That result today makes our defeat to France even more annoying 🤬

At least we have some advance warning that Italy will be no pushovers. I'm sure the team management and players knew that already, though.

• 2 weeks later...