New jersey - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jersey

Bzzzz

42 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Would have thought we were tied to using adidas numbers? 

Apparently not,

Scotland kits are set to feature new bespoke letters and numbers thanks to a new partnership with Elms (https://store.elmsmarketing.co.uk)

The partnership, which will run until 2027, will see the Scotland teams sport the new lettering and numbering on their kits for the first time when the Scotland Men’s National Team take on the Netherlands on 22 March, while the Scotland Women’s National Team will first wear them in the April international fixtures.

Scotland supporters will have the chance to get their hands on the new Scotland font when it becomes available for purchase through the Scottish FA’s exclusive retail partner JD Sports before this summer’s tournament.

Scottish FA Head of Retail and Kit Steven Romeo: “Interest in the Scotland National Teams has never been higher, with the men’s team’s qualification for UEFA EURO 2024 and the exponential growth of the girls’ and women’s game across the nation, so we are delighted to partner with Elms to create our own bespoke font for our national team kits.

“Elms’ professionalism and attention to detail is second to none and I am sure that Scotland supporters will seize the opportunity to proudly sport the new numbers and letters on their kits.”

General Manager of Elms UK Declan Gleeson: “Elms is proud and excited to announce the partnership alongside the Scottish FA to bring the Scotland kits to life with our bespoke font.

“We are extremely pleased to be working with such a great organization in the Scottish FA, with the goal to provide a level of quality and detail that will match the performance and ambition shown by the teams and the incredible Scottish fans.”

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Apparently not,

Scotland kits are set to feature new bespoke letters and numbers thanks to a new partnership with Elms (https://store.elmsmarketing.co.uk)

The partnership, which will run until 2027, will see the Scotland teams sport the new lettering and numbering on their kits for the first time when the Scotland Men’s National Team take on the Netherlands on 22 March, while the Scotland Women’s National Team will first wear them in the April international fixtures.

Scotland supporters will have the chance to get their hands on the new Scotland font when it becomes available for purchase through the Scottish FA’s exclusive retail partner JD Sports before this summer’s tournament.

Scottish FA Head of Retail and Kit Steven Romeo: “Interest in the Scotland National Teams has never been higher, with the men’s team’s qualification for UEFA EURO 2024 and the exponential growth of the girls’ and women’s game across the nation, so we are delighted to partner with Elms to create our own bespoke font for our national team kits.

“Elms’ professionalism and attention to detail is second to none and I am sure that Scotland supporters will seize the opportunity to proudly sport the new numbers and letters on their kits.”

General Manager of Elms UK Declan Gleeson: “Elms is proud and excited to announce the partnership alongside the Scottish FA to bring the Scotland kits to life with our bespoke font.

“We are extremely pleased to be working with such a great organization in the Scottish FA, with the goal to provide a level of quality and detail that will match the performance and ambition shown by the teams and the incredible Scottish fans.”

So I assume we'll have a new kit as well by then or is it new lettering on the existing kit? 

34 minutes ago, todd said:

So I assume we'll have a new kit as well by then or is it new lettering on the existing kit? 

Sort of reads like new numbers and lettering on the current kit. Surely not. Who would buy a shirt for bespoke letters and numbers. Most don't wear shirts with letters or numbers apart from kids. 

43 minutes ago, todd said:

New kit due out in March, I think they have just used the "current" kit for show as they do not want to give away what the new kit looks like.

14 hours ago, thesaint said:

Just seems sort of odd to be making such a big thing about bespoke letters and numbers. Again i ask how many fans do you actually see with numbers and names on the back. Apart from kids.. not many. 

Looking at whom Elms list as their official partners, there must be big business in it that such a thing exists in the first place.

I doubt its much in the way of retail value, just simply they supply the letters and numbers that the National teams will be using, and its bespoke to them, rather than a generic one that everyone uses.

Looking at the leaked Adidas jerseys now coming to light, such as the Italian one we may get some subtle markings on the body of the jersey. As many of you know I am a collector, whatever we get its the team that matter's, but I am hoping for something more interesting than our current one or the mockups shown on Foot Headlines from last year. 

adidas-2024-authentic-vs-replica-kits%20%2815%29.jpg

Spain strip is basic, Germany quite nice. Italy is a crime. Its almost impossible to mess up the Italy home kit but they have given it a good try.

I predict ours will be horrible. Probably dark blue with yellow adidas strips and yellow down the side.

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Probably right.Can't see anything but a run of the mill effort again.Dull as dishwater.I would be delighted if they prove me wrong,but not holding my breath.

Yup I expect this also, basic template blue strip. The Spain strip is boring zzzz

The home shirt should be traditional navy with maybe the odd flash of red or white and must contain a collar. White shorts and red socks with navy trim at the top

The away is their chance for anything goes. Luminous yellow, bright orange, red and white hoops, roseberry, but it’ll be the usual white with navy trims

Whatever it is though punters will still fall over themselves to pay near enough £90 per unit though

Edited by DoonTheSlope
How do you spell iluminous?

19 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

I like it!  It's radical, and instantly goes into the love/hate debate.

Robbo lifting the Euro trophy in that in July please.  

Hated it at first glance. 

It’s now growing on me. Something different I guess. I’ll reserve judgement until I see the full kit and proper images. 

Its bold and modern, not sure I like it but Ill get it for the collection. That said, with all these abstract lines, would having a saltire in among them of been so difficult? I expect the away version wil be more subdued.