If We Qualify Ticket Allocations Going Forward - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If We Qualify Ticket Allocations Going Forward

macwomble

1 hour ago, macwomble said:

England fan club have published figures of tickets for all stages! Up to the final  13 points the new barrier. Quite/ Very disappointing splits 🥲

IMG_4329.png

That's awful. Really poor. Funny that England are filtering down allocations for the further rounds and we are realistic. 🤣

You’d think the allocation for FAs would increase the deeper into the tournament you get rather than decrease. 

I’ll be at home eating beans on toast after the group stage even if we get out the group so won’t affect me but man that’s grim. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

You’d think the allocation for FAs would increase the deeper into the tournament you get rather than decrease. 

I’ll be at home eating beans on toast after the group stage even if we get out the group so won’t affect me but man that’s grim. 

No you won’t. You’ll be there.

Me and you both know that we don’t know each other but if we qualify .. we will find each other .. find a comfy doorway in Germany … huddle up and wait for kick off. 

2 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Given we have 1, possibly 2, away games before then you'd presume pointe will be recalibrate to take into account those games and the new threshold.

You could be looking at 16+ being required.  

Imagine the uproar when the 2nd away friendly is to Nepal 😂

That’s a good point re the points and 2 upcoming away games! Hadn’t even considered that! Interesting.

In previous tournaments the travel club/SSC have joined up with British Embassy outlets when a swathe of extra tickets became available - An example was the last group game v Morocco at France 98

The only thing required for them to give you a ticket was a valid passport

With the amount of staff the SSC has i'd imagine they will now deal with all of that and have an outlet in the city where the games are and you will need your SSC number first and what's left wlll go to those with only passports

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2023 at 9:46 PM, WeeJohnny said:

That's awful. Really poor. Funny that England are filtering down allocations for the further rounds and we are realistic. 🤣

Some would say they are also being realistic

Theres a fine line between realistic and practical though 

On 12/10/2023 at 2:21 PM, Ally Bongo said:

In previous tournaments the travel club/SSC have joined up with British Embassy outlets when a swathe of extra tickets became available - An example was the last group game v Morocco at France 98

The only thing required for them to give you a ticket was a valid passport

With the amount of staff the SSC has i'd imagine they will now deal with all of that and have an outlet in the city where the games are and you will need your SSC number first and what's left wlll go to those with only passports

Has Angus Robertson got any kid on embassies in Germany?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If we make last 16, i think anyone with even double digits in points would be fine for tickets. 

Some folk will simply be priced out, even those on high points. 

Both work, family and cost will make it undoable for many.

ATAC have asked the SSC to use the points system to allow members with higher pints first dibs at the FF tickets for the later / knock out stages IF we progress.

It will be interesting to see if they have listened.

I think that would be fairer and I am not saying that from a personal point of view as my son has low points so I would have had to wait on his point category opening up but that free for all for the group stages was shambolic.

12k members all trying to get FFs within seconds was a just a lottery.

11 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

ATAC have asked the SSC to use the points system to allow members with higher pints first dibs at the FF tickets for the later / knock out stages IF we progress.

It will be interesting to see if they have listened.

I think that would be fairer and I am not saying that from a personal point of view as my son has low points so I would have had to wait on his point category opening up but that free for all for the group stages was shambolic.

12k members all trying to get FFs within seconds was a just a lottery.

No issues with that, i ended up paying 195 euros for the germany game despite being on 20+ points but can see why it might be a nightmare for the SSC to organise this for the knockouts. Would UEFA allow phased sale like that?

On 12/9/2023 at 7:54 PM, macwomble said:

England fan club have published figures of tickets for all stages! Up to the final  13 points the new barrier. Quite/ Very disappointing splits 🥲

IMG_4329.png

What the grap doesn't show is the break down each each price category, 6000 tickets but how many are affordable i.e. fans first. The price jump to the next category ( cat3) is eye watering never mind cat 1 and 2. 

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No issues with that, i ended up paying 195 euros for the germany game despite being on 20+ points but can see why it might be a nightmare for the SSC to organise this for the knockouts. Would UEFA allow phased sale like that?

They just stagger the issue of codes. Its well within their capabilities IF they wish to do so.

Edited by GroundsKeeper

1 hour ago, GroundsKeeper said:

They just stagger the issue of codes. Its well within their capabilities IF they wish to do so.

Even issue codes on an hourly basis! Mind you let’s qualify first before we worry about it. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They allowed it for England no bother. 

Belgium had tiered sales and days in between each sales schedule.

I think the sales of the group games was unnecessarily rushed and very stressful for the end users.

We were one of the first to qualify, yet seemed to be the least prepared. Just my opinion