codes from Uefa received? - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

codes from Uefa received?

TA-West Germany

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TA-West Germany said:

Did someone already receive the three mails with the three codes from SFA/Uefa?

Nope, I think people were getting confused with the email last week outlining the process.

Defo no codes yet. (0933 Tuesday).

Bit whites of the eye IMHO.

SFA website was down late last night so I assume they were running a script for the emails and they will be sent today. 

I think I got mine pretty much 24 hours before the sale for Euro 2020 tickets opened so I assume they will start sending them at around noon today if they follow the same plan this time. 

Edited by Texas Pete

23 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

The last time it actually worked very well and was surprisingly easy if that is a comfort to anyone.

I know the volumes were lower last time due to COVID restrictions, but was there much of a queue/wait time on the UEFA site? Trying to manage work diary and presume around 7,000 people all trying to get tickets at 12:00 tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

I know the volumes were lower last time due to COVID restrictions, but was there much of a queue/wait time on the UEFA site? Trying to manage work diary and presume around 7,000 people all trying to get tickets at 12:00 tomorrow!

At least it is a UEFA system that's running the sale and not an SFA one. I think that reduces the chances of a meltdown considerably?

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

At least it is a UEFA system that's running the sale and not an SFA one. I think that reduces the chances of a meltdown considerably?

Given it's on the UEFA site, is there a risk that it won't just be SSC members logging in for tickets at midday, but also members from all the different countries involved? Just wondering if that will have an impact on the traffic on uefa site.

6 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

I think we had about 2500 last time. I can't remember any issues at all. It was different point levels for each Stadium last time, so that might have spread out the demand a bit as well? 

Somewhat anxious about this process. Checked my 3 have their own SSC, uefa online and uefa app emails. No emails so far. 

We put our passport etc into the uefa app, thinking this is where the codes go. I've read all the guidance but after 2 days of living online seeking flights and accommodation I don't know what day it is!!

Big worry is getting 3 tickets in the same category so I can support with care needs.

Wondered about trying to but 1 ticket for each game at a time and maybe jumping right in to 2nd cost option re pricing.  Any advice welcome. 

2 minutes ago, Grumpychops said:

Given it's on the UEFA site, is there a risk that it won't just be SSC members logging in for tickets at midday, but also members from all the different countries involved? Just wondering if that will have an impact on the traffic on uefa site.

Good point. Are the sales for other countries starting at the same time? Last time round we were just buying the tickets which had been held back for the Play Off winners. Most of the the other tickets had already been allocated. I had forgotten about that.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Good point. Are the sales for other countries starting at the same time? Last time round we were just buying the tickets which had been held back for the Play Off winners. Most of the the other tickets had already been allocated. I had forgotten about that.

I think they’ll be staggering sales! England saying it will be next week before their sale! 

36 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

They may be selling them in the order of when the group matches start. Group A starts first so those tickets sold first spread over 2 to 3 days. Group B next then England's Group C etc.

We knew the sales schedule before the draw last week. 

Personally I don't understand the need to do it so quickly. Effectively all these tickets will be sold in less than 48 hours. Feels like it could have been spread over a bit more time to avoid this panic we are seeing in some areas just now! If you don not receive the email with the code there is not much time to contact anyone to rectify it for example.

It is what it is though, and I'm sure it will go smoothly for the majority.

Edited by rOsCo2

19 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

Personally I don't understand the need to do it so quickly. Effectively all these tickets will be sold in less than 48 hours. Feels like it could have been spread over a bit more time to avoid this panic we are seeing in some areas just now! If you don not receive the email with the code there is not much time to contact anyone to rectify it for example.

It is what it is though, and I'm sure it will go smoothly for the majority.

I don't think folk are really panicking about it. They are just pretending to be a wee bit stressed out, to build up the excitement for themselves. I might just wait for the Round of 16 game? Not too fussed about these first three games.

How are the tickets priced?

Are all tickets for the supporters club members £50 or is there going to be a mad rush to get the cheapest tickets. I read they can go as high as £700 but hoping all tickets through the SFA are £50.

Just now, stitch said:

How are the tickets priced?

Are all tickets for the supporters club members £50 or is there going to be a mad rush to get the cheapest tickets. I read they can go as high as £700 but hoping all tickets through the SFA are £50.

9EB2443B-FADB-465D-A941-7C417CD94E8A.jpeg

AB318751-A643-4887-A87B-D9DDC45A9937.jpeg

31E00744-F641-4962-85C4-BBA375948A0A.jpeg