Random Draw Generator - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Random Draw Generator

Toepoke

Fan wise the ultimate horror   draw would be england turkey Scotland and poland(obviously if they win their play off). It's virtually a home game for turkey with the numbers of turks living in germany plus huge supports for england and poland as well as for us. Possible carnage comes to mind. Seriously hope to avoid any of those teams. 

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Fan wise the ultimate horror   draw would be england turkey Scotland and poland(obviously if they win their play off). It's virtually a home game for turkey with the numbers of turks living in germany plus huge supports for england and poland as well as for us. Possible carnage comes to mind. Seriously hope to avoid any of those teams. 

Hungary would be one to avoid from Pot 2 also, decent team at the moment and horrible fans.

Must be a good chance we'll draw a group of countries we've never met at a tournament:-

Pot 1: Belgium / Portugal / Spain

Pot 2: Albania / Hungary / Romania / Turkey

Pot 4: All except Switzerland

(I'm clearly ignoring the fact some nations were part of the USSR / Yugoslavia).

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Must be a good chance we'll draw a group of countries we've never met at a tournament:-

(I'm clearly ignoring the fact some nations were part of the USSR / Yugoslavia).

Italy surely the Pot 4 team to avoid?

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I think there are two teams on that list that we have never had a competitive game against?

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think there are two teams on that list that we have never had a competitive game against?

Correct, we've only ever played Hungary and Turkey in friendlies. Bizarre given that they've been playing in international competitions for as long as we have.

If I were to hand pick a group:

Belgium - Still an elite team but clearly on the downward trend

Albania - Won their group by default as Czech Republic and Poland were shite, surely to be considered minnows by tournament standards

Any of the play off teams barring maybe Poland or Ukraine, everyone else you would fancy us against by tournament standards

Edited by N4Footsoldier

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

If I were to hand pick a group:

Belgium - Still an elite team but clearly on the downward trend

Albania - Won their group by default as Czech Republic and Poland were shite, surely to be considered minnows by tournament standards

Any of the play off teams barring maybe Poland or Ukraine, everyone else you would fancy us against by tournament standards

My picks exactly.

Conversely, worst draw

England

Hungary

Us

Italy

Edited by Bristolhibby

17 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

My picks exactly.

Conversely, worst draw

England

Hungary

Us

Italy

Agree. Hungary could well be a real dark horse for the tournament.

England would be terrible because of all the guff that comes with playing them, unless in the unlikely scenario we beat then, which would be priceless.

For purely football reasons France would be a nightmare to play. Really no hiding place in pot 1