Georgia V Scotland - Match Thread - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Georgia V Scotland - Match Thread

Caledonian Craig

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not completely against shankland getting a chance but too many fans are getting excited about one goal

Scoring is obviously important however overall performance is a better indicator of longer term success.

Its why I dont tend to be overly critical of McBurnie for not scoring yet. If one of the times he hit the woodwork had went in would he suddenly be worthy of a place?

For me Shankland is currently holder of 3rd place striker. Lets try him out and see if he deserves to keep it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It is a Diddy league and I hate saying that. Again, I hate saying it but scoring loads of goals for hearts isn't more impressive than doing it for the old firm. I used to say the same nonsense but it's simply not true. If shankland were good enough he would be at somewhere better than hearts but he isnt

I don't think it is. It's not a great league but it's not that bad either. I wouldn't put 2nd bottom of the English championship as being much better than Hearts.

But surely scoring more goals for Hearts is more impressive than for the old firm? The old firm tend to dominate games and create more chances. 

Shankland will be off in January I reckon. Either the old firm or the championship.

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It is a Diddy league and I hate saying that. Again, I hate saying it but scoring loads of goals for hearts isn't more impressive than doing it for the old firm. I used to say the same nonsense but it's simply not true. If shankland were good enough he would be at somewhere better than hearts but he isnt

I’d be surprised if he was still at Hearts in January. He’ll be at Rangers or possibly an English championship team before too long anyway. 

I don’t think he’ll ever be our first pick striker but it would be good to see how he does against a decent team like Norway if he’s given more than a 5/10 minute cameo. 

I think he’d be a decent player to come off the bench in future games to join Dykes or Adams rather than replace them if we are a goal down with 20 minutes to go but if I was Clarke I’d give him at least a half tomorrow. 

Shanks deserves a shot. He’s been a consistent SPL scorer for a season and a half now. If scoring in the second tier in England gets you a chance, then that should too.

If he had pace he wouldn’t be with Hearts, because his all-round game is much more than just a finisher. I honestly think he is under-rated.

Lots of people saying he’ll leave Hearts in the January window. It’s entirely possible, but whoever wants him had better bring a heavy chequebook. He’s vitally important to our team, he’s under contract for another 18 months, and nowadays we don’t have the bank twisting our arm to accept the first lowball offer for any of our players.

39 minutes ago, Yr Alban said:

Shanks deserves a shot. He’s been a consistent SPL scorer for a season and a half now. If scoring in the second tier in England gets you a chance, then that should too.

If he had pace he wouldn’t be with Hearts, because his all-round game is much more than just a finisher. I honestly think he is under-rated.

Lots of people saying he’ll leave Hearts in the January window. It’s entirely possible, but whoever wants him had better bring a heavy chequebook. He’s vitally important to our team, he’s under contract for another 18 months, and nowadays we don’t have the bank twisting our arm to accept the first lowball offer for any of our players.

I would agree there.

Wherever he has gone (including Belgium) he has proven he is a goalscorwr. Lets see what he has.

My main hope today is to get the win, regardless of the team. But I would like to see starts for both Doig and Shankland. Doig is the likely long-term successor to Robertson, and already a better option than Taylor. And I agree with many others on here Shankland deserves his chance, not only for his goal in Georgia but current club form.

Get in tae them!

• 4 months later...

Watching some of the Georgia v Greece play-off and the Georgians are up to the usual histrionics, culminating in their entire bench and coaching staff swarming onto the park trying to get a Greek guy sent off for absolutely nothing.  They’re just a gang. 

Hope Greece pump them from here. 

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Watching some of the Georgia v Greece play-off and the Georgians are up to the usual histrionics, culminating in their entire bench and coaching staff swarming onto the park trying to get a Greek guy sent off for absolutely nothing.  They’re just a gang. 

I feel sorry for their opponents in the Euros. 

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

I see their fans were at the laser in the opponents eyes tricks again too, cunts! Uefa should be doing something about that shit but hey, it's not tenuously racially motivated so who gives a fuck

4 minutes ago, todd said:

I see their fans were at the laser in the opponents eyes tricks again too, cunts! Uefa should be doing something about that shit but hey, it's not tenuously racially motivated so who gives a fuck

They were an absolute horrible bunch when we played them back in November. Lobbing missles & bottles galore at FT from the tier above us.

Glad we aren’t playing in a city near them. England fans will have great company with that lot in Germany.

Edited by DesiScotsman