Where are you based in Germany? - Page 8 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where are you based in Germany?

AlfieMoon

7 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

So, back to the 2nd round (starting 6 days after Stuttgart/Hungary).

How are you's gonna play it?

Flying home and then back out?

Already committing to staying over there?

I’m flying home then back out as it’s maybe 6 days. 

IF we make the last 16 I’ll stay for the quarters and fly home again.

And if we make the semi then… I’m fucked.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

I’m flying home then back out as it’s maybe 6 days. 

IF we make the last 16 I’ll stay for the quarters and fly home again.

And if we make the semi then… I’m fucked.

Perhaps we should just skip the preliminary 3 warm up games and just have booked for the business end of the tournament! 

1 minute ago, macwomble said:

Perhaps we should just skip the preliminary 3 warm up games and just have booked for the business end of the tournament! 

Correct. 

I’ve applied for 2 final tickets. Fully expect to get them and us to be in attendance. V England. 

• 3 weeks later...

Registered for the TAMB specifically to post this message. 

I'm about to cancel an AirBnB booking for a place in Bonn (so not too far from Cologne), which I currently have booked from 15th to 26th June. It sleeps up to 6 people, has excellent reviews, and is reasonably priced (assuming the host doesn't reprice it following my cancellation). 
The listing is here: 
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/840967360443540997

My plans have changed, hence the cancellation. 

Just thought I would give fellow tartan army members an opportunity to book this before anyone else, once I've cancelled. I'm going to cancel tomorrow lunchtime, probably around noon or shortly thereafter.

Cheers, Brian

PS disclaimer: I have no connection with the apartment or its host. Hope it's as good as it looks for anyone choosing to book it.

PPS: definitely not up for somebody I don't know taking on my booking. 

17 hours ago, million1977 said:

Registered for the TAMB specifically to post this message. 

I'm about to cancel an AirBnB booking for a place in Bonn (so not too far from Cologne), which I currently have booked from 15th to 26th June. It sleeps up to 6 people, has excellent reviews, and is reasonably priced (assuming the host doesn't reprice it following my cancellation). 
The listing is here: 
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/840967360443540997

My plans have changed, hence the cancellation. 

Just thought I would give fellow tartan army members an opportunity to book this before anyone else, once I've cancelled. I'm going to cancel tomorrow lunchtime, probably around noon or shortly thereafter.

Cheers, Brian

PS disclaimer: I have no connection with the apartment or its host. Hope it's as good as it looks for anyone choosing to book it.

PPS: definitely not up for somebody I don't know taking on my booking. 

I've cancelled; don't know how long it takes to show up as available again

On 1/8/2024 at 9:40 PM, macwomble said:

My mate in the England travel club has done that in previous tournaments.

Arrogant bastard.

j

I'm based in Dusseldorf. Booked up 8 rooms at the holiday inn express near dusseldorf Hbf quite a long time ago last year, managed to get rooms super cheap before the hotel realised the euros were on, came to about £340 per person for 7 nights. 

You cant go wrong with Dusseldorf, smack bang in the middle of the rhine ruhr area and you'll no feel like you're missing out as they'll be a massive contingent of Scotland fans there or worrying about having to get travel back to whichever town you're staying in. 

Our group also managed to get to four different group games, one in cologne, Dusseldorf, dortmund and Gelsenkirchen. The cologne game being the Scotland Switzerland match, buzzing! 

Finally got it all booked up.  Couple of nights in Berlin, match night in Munich, over to Salzburg for a few days then to Bonn for five nights around the second game.  Match night in Stuttgart and then Eurostar back to London. 

Just got to get home from there at a reasonable price.

Booked Stuttgart and Munich on the day the draw was made, some insane prices for single nights there now.  

Money and holidays probably mean I won’t be at the last 16 game, but I suppose I’ll head out when we get to the semis and final. 

Edited by adamntg

First tournament.

In Ismaning for the Germany game. Leverkusen for the Swiss game and Stuttgart for Hungary. Flying in to Munich via Amsterdam, trains inbetween, and out of Stuttgart through Ibiza. Liver and bank account going to take a tanking. Can't wait.

14 hours ago, adamntg said:

, over to Salzburg for a few days

An absolute must

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohenwerfen_Castle

image.jpeg.73c6c83eb9e8de21139cf17a0adf0e7e.jpeg

And then the town of Lofer - both near Salzburg

lofer-austria-may-evening-street-lit-lanterns-176029444.webp.829c508088419a31c76a4b98da35dc8e.webp

Edited by Ally Bongo

Finally got sorted.   

Going out on 12th, back on 20th.  There for vs Germany and vs Switzerland.

12th Stuttgart

13th to 16th Munich

16th to 20th Siegburg

Anyone looking for accomodation for Cologne, have a look at Siegburg.  Its right between Cologne and Bonn with great transport links, trains about 30 mins and run through the night.   We are in Hotel Oktopus in Siegburg and there seems to be plenty rooms available.

3 hours ago, giblet said:

Finally got sorted.   

Going out on 12th, back on 20th.  There for vs Germany and vs Switzerland.

12th Stuttgart

13th to 16th Munich

16th to 20th Siegburg

Anyone looking for accomodation for Cologne, have a look at Siegburg.  Its right between Cologne and Bonn with great transport links, trains about 30 mins and run through the night.   We are in Hotel Oktopus in Siegburg and there seems to be plenty rooms available.

Siegburg is perfect yeah

On 12/14/2023 at 5:32 PM, Bristolhibby said:

Flying out for the opener. EasyJet from Gatwick. Two nights in Munich.

Back home Saturday, work Monday.

Fly to Düsseldorf on Tuesday. Eurowings from Heathrow, two nights in Cologne.

Depending on if I get tickets for other games in the Rhur we’re going to stay in Bochum and Düsseldorf before heading to Stuttgart for two nights.

If I don’t get tickets, we are going to head to Nuremberg for a couple of nights before heading to Stuttgart. 

Fly back to Heathrow on the Monday. Hopefully having booked our flights for the last 16. 

Cannot wait! 

J

Update. I did get tickets for the Slovakia v Playoff B game in Düsseldorf.

So it’s as above but got one night in Aachen after the Cologne game and before the Düsseldorf game. Then First class fast train from Düsseldorf to Stuttgart on the Saturday. 

Fly back on the Monday from Stuttgart. Hopefully back out for the last 16 game.

J

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2024 at 1:15 PM, marello said:

Six of us in Koblenz AirBnB from 15th - going to Switzerland game, can't wait! I've seen a few references to Koblenz in this thread so hopefully meet up for a carry on somewhere in town.

Four of us (maybe 6) are staying in Koblenz 16th/17th. Looks a cracking wee place.

5 hours ago, mwng said:

Four of us (maybe 6) are staying in Koblenz 16th/17th. Looks a cracking wee place.

Koblenz is a nice little town. I would recommend to leave early though for the Cologne game. You have hourly direct trains and I would also recommend to stay in town after the Cologne game and take an early morning train back.

2 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

Koblenz is a nice little town. I would recommend to leave early though for the Cologne game. You have hourly direct trains and I would also recommend to stay in town after the Cologne game and take an early morning train back.

Cheers for the info. We are moving to Cologne the day before the game so we should be ok. We are staying at the Mercure Severinshof for 2 night’s.

On 2/28/2024 at 1:15 PM, marello said:

Six of us in Koblenz AirBnB from 15th - going to Switzerland game, can't wait! I've seen a few references to Koblenz in this thread so hopefully meet up for a carry on somewhere in town.

8-12 of us staying in Koblenz. We are the geriatric division right enough 🙂

On 3/1/2024 at 12:06 PM, TA-West Germany said:

Tried to get somewhere in Cologne a few weeks ago but hotels were extortionate by then so on the 3.49 am train back to Koblenz 🙄 All our games being evening kick off make it hard to get  back regardless of the decent German transport system. 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

8-12 of us staying in Koblenz. We are the geriatric division right enough 🙂

Tried to get somewhere in Cologne a few weeks ago but hotels were extortionate by then so on the 3.49 am train back to Koblenz 🙄 All our games being evening kick off make it hard to get  back regardless of the decent German transport system. 

Yeah that is why I recommend to party all night long and take first train back to where you are based. Hotel prices in Cologne are out of control.

2 hours ago, giblet said:

by the looks of it there is regular public transport during the night to Siegburg @TA-West Germany ?

It might scheduled but whether it runs or not is another matter entirely. Having spent quite a bit of time in Germany, particularly the Dusseldorf and general NRW area after lockdown I can tell you that German train are hopeless. Even more unreliable than ours

German efficiency is a thing of the past

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It might scheduled but whether it runs or not is another matter entirely. Having spent quite a bit of time in Germany, particularly the Dusseldorf and general NRW area after lockdown I can tell you that German train are hopeless. Even more unreliable than ours

German efficiency is a thing of the past

It got worse since COVID, that’s right. Getting to Siegburg should be ok with first and last trains. Not sure if the S Bahn runs whole night. Are you okay with last or first one