Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 12 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

2 hours ago, trout101 said:

Seems a little unfair that people on max points get no advantage over people on 12 and I say this as someone on 10 without a look in here.

What the f..k is the point of accumalating points thenĀ  when push comes to shove people on 12 points get the same choice of tickets as people on 32.Where has this way of selling the tickets appeared from?Totally goes against the whole concept of the supporters club.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, thesaint said:

What the f..k is the point of accumalating points thenĀ  when push comes to shove people on 12 points get the same choice of tickets as people on 32.Where has this way of selling the tickets appeared from?Totally goes against the whole concept of the supporters club.

This is the normal selling method! You look at the Ā number of tickets to sell and then allow everyone who has enough points to buy in a set period! Then reduce it point by point. There have been games where more than one price bracket has been available as well. Also last Euros sold same way! So nothing new here!Ā 

31 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Good updateĀ 

Was wondering how the SSC will do this for people on 11pts. Send out 14,000 individual codes and only 2/3000 will be able to purchase? Free for all. Weird one.

Yeah and i was wondering when they'd send them, will it just be the day before

17 minutes ago, macwomble said:

This is the normal selling method! You look at the Ā number of tickets to sell and then allow everyone who has enough points to buy in a set period! Then reduce it point by point. There have been games where more than one price bracket has been available as well. Also last Euros sold same way! So nothing new here!Ā 

Aye but it has never been 32 down to 12 for f.cks sake.It would usually be about three selling points before it reaches 12.To think that somebody who has 32 points doesn't get the chance to buy the price of tickets they want before somebody who has 12 pointsĀ  defeats the whole purpose of the f.cking supporters club.Unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Aye but it has never been 32 down to 12 for f.cks sake.It would usually be about three selling points before it reaches 12.To think that somebody who has 32 points doesn't get the chance to buy the price of tickets they want before somebody who has 12 pointsĀ  defeats the whole purpose of the f.cking supporters club.Unbelievable.

McWomble is correct. This is the process for every game. If the away allocation is 10000, everyone on 12 points can buy at the same time as someone on 32 points as both are guaranteed a ticket.

3 minutes ago, jailer said:

McWomble is correct. This is the process for every game. If the away allocation is 10000, everyone on 12 points can buy at the same time as someone on 32 points as both are guaranteed a ticket.

So very little benefit for going to all the games then.You could have went to every game and have to buy a 200 euros ticket as opposed to somebody who has 12 points who gets in ahead of you and gets a 30 euros ticket.As long as it's fair. then.Totally ridiculous.

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

Good updateĀ 

Was wondering how the SSC will do this for people on 11pts. Send out 14,000 individual codes and only 2/3000 will be able to purchase? Free for all. Weird one.

It'sĀ  @ 7000Ā members at 11 pointsĀ 

Ā 

2100 tickets leftĀ  presuming all 12+ers have boughtĀ 

Which gives a 1 in 3 chance if my maths are correctĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, stocky said:

It'sĀ  @ 7000Ā members at 11 pointsĀ 

Ā 

2100 tickets leftĀ  presuming all 12+ers have boughtĀ 

Which gives a 1 in 3 chance if my maths are correctĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeh maybe slightly more.Ā 
Ā 

I just meant are the ssc sending out 7000 codes for these tickets for all 11 pointers and itā€™s a first come first serve?Ā 
Ā 

Doesnā€™t affect me but was just wondering.Ā 

Edited by GaryWood34

41 minutes ago, thesaint said:

So very little benefit for going to all the games then.You could have went to every game and have to buy a 200 euros ticket as opposed to somebody who has 12 points who gets in ahead of you and gets a 30 euros ticket.As long as it's fair. then.Totally ridiculous.

Agree with that point re access to choice of ticket.

Ā 

31 minutes ago, radian_13 said:

Itā€™s not the SSC who sell the tickets, itā€™s UEFA who are selling the tickets and UEFA deciding how the selling works.

While true, I think a few here are suggesting the windows could have been a bit longer to allow more points privileges. Why does it all have to be done and dusted in 48 hours?

The big unknown is how many tickets are there in each price bracket. Personally I don't mind paying a bit more considering this will be my first finals, but equally I don't want to be in an area full of neutrals! Really hoping we don't get Germany on the opening game, partly due to ticket price premium, but also the fact our flights don't allow us to get there on time!Ā 

37 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

While true, I think a few here are suggesting the windows could have been a bit longer to allow more points privileges. Why does it all have to be done and dusted in 48 hours?

The big unknown is how many tickets are there in each price bracket. Personally I don't mind paying a bit more considering this will be my first finals, but equally I don't want to be in an area full of neutrals! Really hoping we don't get Germany on the opening game, partly due to ticket price premium, but also the fact our flights don't allow us to get there on time!Ā 

I'm sure the opening match is A1 v A2 so we can't be involved as we'd be A3 in that groupĀ 

55 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

I donā€™t expect our sections to be in with any neutrals.Ā 

Pretty sure we get an entire slice of the stadium, from front tow to back. Itā€™ll start somewhere behind the goals and extend round behind the corner, covering all 4 categories. The corners containing the participating teams will be at opposing ends on the same side of the stadium if that makes sense. So theyā€™re in view of TV cameras.Ā 
Ā 

17 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

I'm sure the opening match is A1 v A2 so we can't be involved as we'd be A3 in that groupĀ 

Our seed pot position does not mean we will be 3 in the group.Ā 

12 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Pretty sure we get an entire slice of the stadium, from front tow to back. Itā€™ll start somewhere behind the goals and extend round behind the corner, covering all 4 categories. The corners containing the participating teams will be at opposing ends on the same side of the stadium if that makes sense. So theyā€™re in view of TV cameras.

Ah yes, that would make sense.Ā 

13 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Our seed pot position does not mean we will be 3 in the group.Ā 

Correct. 1 in 6 chance of being in Germany group, and then 1 in 3 of getting the opening game. Felt like decent odds when booking flights, but now nervous!Ā 

7 hours ago, thesaint said:

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s fair (Iā€™ve got quite a few points so it would certainly suit me) all Iā€™m pointing out is itā€™s normal protocol! I still think that most 12-32 pointers are likely to get a choice of tickets at the very least in the 2 bottom price categories! Remember there will be around 1/4 of the tickets left by the time of the end of the first sales tranche. Not many people will buy Cat 1 and 2 tickets and I can see the majority of these being the tickets left for the 11 pointers. Thatā€™s the way it went for the last Euros sales scheduling.

6 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

Ah yes, that would make sense.Ā 

Correct. 1 in 6 chance of being in Germany group, and then 1 in 3 of getting the opening game. Felt like decent odds when booking flights, but now nervous!Ā 

I wouldnā€™t mind getting Germany in our group but if weā€™re drawn into position 2 the prices for that game are a bit out of order. I can easily see that game going to members with less than 11 points!! FFS 400 and 600 ā‚¬ for cat 1 and cat 2 tickets. Same pricing as semi final!Ā 

11 hours ago, thesaint said:

The point of accumulating points is, well firstly to go to the games and support Scotland, but to give you the best shout at acquiring tickets for any given game.Ā 

Ā 

Never, anywhere, in the SSC T&Cs has it ever mentioned getting to choose your price point for big games before anyone else, so not sure why folk suddenly seem shocked this isn't a thing.Ā 

Ā 

The whole process with UEFA is complicated enough. Having the usual phased process to tickets sales would only further complicate things. Much easier just to look at who's all definitely eligible and just fire them all on sale at the same time.Ā 

Ā 

All going to be moot anyway as I'm sure if you're on for midday sharp you'll get tickets at whatever price you want.Ā 

12 hours ago, thesaint said:

All away matches are done this way - 32 down to whatever the cut off point is, whether that's 18 , 15 or in this case 12. Then the leftovers are offered to lower pointers. No change there.

However, a bit of thought by the SFA could have allowed 32-18 for instance first dibs to get the category they want, as a reward to the supporters who have travelled the most. Agree with that.Ā 

Also majority of our allocation will be 60 euros with a small amount of 30 euros tickets. As there are 7000 or so with 12 points and above. Unless you choose the premium seats you should be OK as tthe top two expensive categories would only contributeĀ  around 1500 each in the top two categories. Probably a higher percentage for the 150 euro tickets.

13 hours ago, thesaint said:

Don't be such a points snob.Ā 

Everyone will get a chance of a cheap ticket Were hell of a lot less tickets last time and it was easy enough to get 3 in the cheap seats.Ā 

7 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

There's 4 of us on same points, can one of us order the 4Ā  x 3 tickets with the 4 codes or will we have to order individually?

It is very clear on the Ticket Booking guide the SSC sent out yesterday:

You will be limited to purchasing your own ticket for each match. For seats together with other SSC members or purchasing on behalf of an u18, there will be further instruction later in the guide

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't be such a points snob.Ā 

Everyone will get a chance of a cheap ticket Were hell of a lot less tickets last time and it was easy enough to get 3 in the cheap seats.Ā 

The higher pointers should get first dibs at the charter flights too, it's only fair. Let the plebs on 12 walk to GermanyĀ