Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 6 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

I see the Daily Record are reporting that UEFA are capping tickets to competing nations FA's at 9,500 per game so the 16% of stadia capacity will not apply.

If this is the case it is swings and roundabouts. There will be less tickets than the 16% for sale in matches in:-

Berlin, Dortmund and Munich

But actually more than the 16% for matches in:-

Cologne, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Leipzig and Suttgart.

I wonder if anyone has confirmation of this?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I see the Daily Record are reporting that UEFA are capping tickets to competing nations FA's at 9,500 per game so the 16% of stadia capacity will not apply.

If this is the case it is swings and roundabouts. There will be less tickets than the 16% for sale in matches in:-

Maybe just capping it at the bigger stadiums & still doing the 16% at the other stadiums, that way they can do more corporate tickets at the bigger stadiums, money money money 🤑

31 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I’m sure 9,500 was mentioned by the French FFF. 

Daily record might have just picked that up and ran with it. I suspect that they have but maybe someone else will know more detail. 

7 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I’m sure 9,500 was mentioned by the French FFF. 

Daily record might have just picked that up and ran with it. I suspect that they have but maybe someone else will know more detail. 

French FFF statement said 9,500 would be the average amount of tickets (so could be in range of say 8,000 to 11,000 depending on ground capacities) 

Find out the results of the ballot in the next five days. Applied for tickets for eight games in Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen and Stuttgart, hopefully get one or two tickets from that lot. And then get access to the resale market, so might get a Scotland ticket on that.

8 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The annoying thing is that invariably these matches at major tournaments are never sell-outs. There nearly always can be around 5,000 unsold tickets sometimes more but FIFA/UEFA never learn their lesson. Evidence of how poorly and unfairly tickets are allocated.

Their interest isn't in filling the seats but instead securing the sponsorship and TV income. Arses on seats just isn't the dial mover commercially any more and has not been for a while. They would rather viewership increased to supplement and consolidate their other revenue channels.

Ironically the more popular the sport gets the more the lifeblood of the thing dies a death

17 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Anyone in for phase one of the ballot? 

Results due by Tuesday 14th Nov. 

Aye. Applied for 10 matches on successive days. Hoping for at least 1 or 2 but wouldn’t be surprised if get none. Tens of Millions  applied 

7 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Aye. Applied for 10 matches on successive days. Hoping for at least 1 or 2 but wouldn’t be surprised if get none. Tens of Millions  applied 

I did likewise. Bottom category, but with the option to accept one level above. 

Not sure what to expect in terms of success rate. They’ve said 20m applications for 1.2m tickets, but unclear if the ‘20m’ equates to tickets rather than applications. If that were the case, there’d be a huge chunk of that number going for the Germany games, and the semi finals and final. 

9 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

Not sure what to expect in terms of success rate. They’ve said 20m applications for 1.2m tickets, but unclear if the ‘20m’ equates to tickets rather than applications. If that were the case, there’d be a huge chunk of that number going for the Germany games, and the semi finals and final. 

I applied for 14 group games for the Euros in France, lowest price category & got none.

I’d imagine the points table after the forthcoming Georgia and Norway matches will be the pecking order  for Finals Tickets via SSC. I’d also imagine UEFA will want the Group Stages sold and paid for by End January 2024.

The folks who might have success in the ballot will be allocated tickets on Tuesday 14th November and payment taken for these too. 

11 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

I applied for 14 group games for the Euros in France, lowest price category & got none.

I’ve seen quite a lot of people say similar. I didn’t realise how lucky I was at the time to get both Hampden games for Euro2020 - albeit that I then lost them when they reduced capacity for Covid. 

1 hour ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

I’d imagine the points table after the forthcoming Georgia and Norway matches will be the pecking order  for Finals Tickets via SSC. I’d also imagine UEFA will want the Group Stages sold and paid for by End January 2024.

The folks who might have success in the ballot will be allocated tickets on Tuesday 14th November and payment taken for these too. 

Sale in December according to Uefa website, its recently been updated

17 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I’ve applied for eight games over ten or eleven days, second bottom price but willing to go up one, on the assumption I don’t end up with eight €150 tickets 😂😂

hopefully I’ll get a couple and then see what I can do about Scotland when the resale starts.

Sod’s Law would be ending up with England tickets…

Edited by biffer

So I get the idea that the 3 group games will go to those on the highest points. 
However, does anybody know what happens if we get through to the next round? How do we get tickets? Will this be done in a few days?

will they be pick up only? 

the fact that we think this is a possibility tells you how far the team have come. 

Would have to be pick up only seeing as most of us will be in Germany and with tight timescale. Can only see it going by SSC points similar to group stage tickets if we did get to further rounds. Although no points added for tournament games