Injury Watch - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Aye that’s what I mean. Would never have started him. Same as always 

Who would you have dropped from our midfield for Ferguson?

I like Ferguson as a player, he has 12 caps now and not overly done much in any of those caps (albeit mainly subs)

Gilmour ahead of him and NI game showed how much we miss McGregor. 

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Dont think any chance Fraser will be called up, behaved like a pr1ck too many times. Would like to see a Gauld or Doak (if fit) but cannot see it. Cairney decent but showed zero interest in playing for us.

Think O'Donnell has to come in if Patterson out.

Holy fuck...the most mental of mental takes I reckon I've seen on here.

SOD was shite at his 'peak' and now isn't even the best aging right back at Motherwell 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Pity Archie gray doesn’t fancy a near guaranteed start. 

Very much so. He looks a fantastic prospect.

I had hoped when Calvin Ramsay went on loan to Preston from Liverpool that he'd have the kind of impact on the Championship that Gray has had, but instead he seems to have gone off the radar.

2 hours ago, BryanBlessed said:

Fraser played in the Nations League against Ukraine and Ireland in 2022 and that was after any problems he's had with Clarke. He wasn't called up after that as he wasn't playing at all with Newcastle. Maybe Eddie Howe had a grudge against him for how he left Bournemouth. I think he would have been in the last squad if he wasn't injured.

Frasers alleged attitude problems are totally overblown on here by some posters, they ignore the BBC football focus interview at his peak where he said how proud he was playing for Scotland. The guy in injury prown that's the main reason he has missed camps in the past.

Anyway I'm trying to not get into another debate on here about players pasts or players blood qualifications , we have had them all before & we should agree to disagree as after a while they get bloody boring.  

A fit Fraser should go as he could be useful of the bench & he is technically good enough to be tried at right wing back if our injured players don't make it 

8 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

A fit Fraser should go as he could be useful of the bench & he is technically good enough to be tried at right wing back if our injured players don't make it 

I'm a big fan of Fraser especially as we don't really have any other player like him.  I expect he'll almost certainly be in the final 23. I'd probably still got with Ralston at RWB as he's almost certainly better defensively.

2 hours ago, scotlad said:

Very much so. He looks a fantastic prospect.

I had hoped when Calvin Ramsay went on loan to Preston from Liverpool that he'd have the kind of impact on the Championship that Gray has had, but instead he seems to have gone off the radar.

Absolutely. There was a point (at least in my mind) when we had Hickey, Patterson and Ramsay all playing (relatively) often and well plus Johnstone breaking through and the prospect of Gray and/or Livramento possibly playing for us too. It seemed an embarrassment of riches, and now we are scraping the barrel. 

4 hours ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Absolutely. There was a point (at least in my mind) when we had Hickey, Patterson and Ramsay all playing (relatively) often and well plus Johnstone breaking through and the prospect of Gray and/or Livramento possibly playing for us too. It seemed an embarrassment of riches, and now we are scraping the barrel. 

Also the lad Ashby who went to Newcastle from West Ham. I don't know whether he's injured but I don't think he's featured much for Swansea on loan.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Johnston has played 359 mins of league football this season (1,172 mins in all comps). Ralston has played 789 mins (987 mins in all comps)

Johnston has featured in 14 league games, Ralston has featured in 13. 

Ralston has 8 caps already, he's 100% ahead of Johnston on the pecking order. Might be different if Johnston was starting most weeks but he's mainly a sub for league games. 

Ralston hasn't started any league games this season and hasn't played first team football since February.

He might be ahead of Johnston in the pecking order, but on a very shoogly peg between now and the end of the season. 

Johnston has played 359 mins of league football this season (1,172 mins in all comps). Ralston has played 789 mins (987 mins in all comps)

Ralston has 8 caps already, he's 100% ahead of Johnston on the pecking order. Might be different if Johnston was starting most weeks but he's mainly a sub for league games. 

Ralston hasn't started any league games this season and hasn't played first team football since February.

He might be ahead of Johnston in the pecking order, but on a very shoogly peg between now and the end of the season. 

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Edited by Goozay
Weird triple post

46 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Also the lad Ashby who went to Newcastle from West Ham. I don't know whether he's injured but I don't think he's featured much for Swansea on loan.

Just come back from injury, but from what I can see it's been a hit and miss loan for him. 

On the back of all the Right Back conversation if Hickey and Paterson both out for me would be Ross McCorrie lot of U21 international experience, did well at Aberdeen starting to play first team football in the Championship which is a good level - great age and height 

For me would have him over Ralston who hasnt played much and would have the same lack of game time issues as Paterson had last 2 games and Max Johnson from what i read hasn't played as much 

Also really frustrating that Calvin Ramseys season long loan at Preston was a disaster as if he had had a great season could have been first choice right back for us this summer but sadly went really badly for whatever reason 

43 minutes ago, borojock said:

On the back of all the Right Back conversation if Hickey and Paterson both out for me would be Ross McCorrie lot of U21 international experience, did well at Aberdeen starting to play first team football in the Championship which is a good level - great age and height 

For me would have him over Ralston who hasnt played much and would have the same lack of game time issues as Paterson had last 2 games and Max Johnson from what i read hasn't played as much 

Also really frustrating that Calvin Ramseys season long loan at Preston was a disaster as if he had had a great season could have been first choice right back for us this summer but sadly went really badly for whatever reason 

Ramsay’s had big injury issues ever since he moved down South. He was recalled from loan to Preston then went on loan to Bolton but not playing, presumably injured 

13 hours ago, Goozay said:

I'm not sure why you are making stuff up but he 100% played 90 mins vs Killie at Parkhead in Feb, i know, as i was there. 

Just looked it up and he started the previous week at Easter Road too. 

He's not featured in the last 5 games (unused sub) but he featured in 4 out the 5 before that (starting in two of them and playing 30 mins in each of the other two)

Ralston and Johnston have had very similar minutes on the park this season - my point was that Ralston has proven in the past he can do a job for Scotland without massive amounts of game time. 

I agree, Ralston is a good steady option. Far better than a completely off the boil Patterson whose confidence is completely shot due to not getting a game at an abysmal team.

I think Fraser has to be in the squad now in place of Ferguson, gives us a different option.

17 hours ago, borojock said:

Ross McRorie sounds a good shout.  Desperate times on that side of the park by the looks of it though.  Folk calling for Fraser there.  How will he defend?  And we'll be defending a hell of a lot.

22 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Hickey making good progress apparently:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68836989

"I said to him, 'Aaron, my advice is this; from my own career, one of the lessons I learned is that when you're a young player and opportunities like this arise, you always think there's going to be plenty more in your career'.

"Landscapes change very quickly; careers change very quickly and this might be your only opportunity to play in a major tournament'.

"Now I hope for Scotland and for Aaron Hickey it's one of many, but you just never know."

I can see Pressley's logic here but I am not sure it's very good advice from a career perspective. If Hickey hasn't recovered sufficiently from his injury then attempting to play competitive football would likely exacerbate it, potentially leading to further issues in the future.

Ideally Hickey would just sit this one out but knowing how infrequently Scotland qualify for tournaments and how short we are of viable alternatives who play in his position means he's still very much in the picture.

It's a tough one for Hickey; does he: 1) put a potentially great career in jeopardy by possibly knackering himself in the Euros; or 2) miss out on a rare opportunity to represent his country in a major finals. 

I'm not sure why you are making stuff up but he 100% played 90 mins vs Killie at Parkhead in Feb, i know, as i was there. 

Just looked it up and he started the previous week at Easter Road too. 

He's not featured in the last 5 games (unused sub) but he featured in 4 out the 5 before that (starting in two of them and playing 30 mins in each of the other two)

Ralston and Johnston have had very similar minutes on the park this season - my point was that Ralston has proven in the past he can do a job for Scotland without massive amounts of game time. 

Fair enough, I was misreading transfermarkt

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

"I said to him, 'Aaron, my advice is this; from my own career, one of the lessons I learned is that when you're a young player and opportunities like this arise, you always think there's going to be plenty more in your career'.

"Landscapes change very quickly; careers change very quickly and this might be your only opportunity to play in a major tournament'.

"Now I hope for Scotland and for Aaron Hickey it's one of many, but you just never know."

I can see Pressley's logic here but I am not sure it's very good advice from a career perspective. If Hickey hasn't recovered sufficiently from his injury then attempting to play competitive football would likely exacerbate it, potentially leading to further issues in the future.

Ideally Hickey would just sit this one out but knowing how infrequently Scotland qualify for tournaments and how short we are of viable alternatives who play in his position means he's still very much in the picture.

It's a tough one for Hickey; does he: 1) put a potentially great career in jeopardy by possibly knackering himself in the Euros; or 2) miss out on a rare opportunity to represent his country in a major finals. 

I don't see how he 'knackers himself' by playing at the Euros. He is back in the gym and light training with the Euros still two months away. Even if he should fail to playfor Brentford he will be continuing to build his fitness up and can test things out in our two friendlies and take it from there. If he comes through those games fine then I cannot see any danger of him 'knackering himself' at the Euros considering he would have had around two and a half months of activity behind him without mishap potentially.