Scotland Squad - Spain and France discussion - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Squad - Spain and France discussion

romanticscot

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Squad scheduled to be announced tomorrow, who is guaranteed to be in/out, who would you like to see included or defiantly not and what might your start 11 look like? 

I'm hoping neither Barnes or Anderson are in the announcement. Not because I don't want them included, but because the discussion on here and everywhere else was all about Anderson for days and days. Which ultimately was a waste of all our time, since he didn't even travel. The debates got rather tedious.

I'd love a wee wildcard inclusion of Doak or Gauld, but I'd be pretty surprised if we see any shock callups.

Edited by Tartan blood

18 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm hoping neither Barnes or Anderson are in the announcement. Not because I don't want them included, but because the discussion on here and everywhere else was all about Anderson for days and days. Which ultimately was a waste of all our time, since he didn't even travel. The debates got rather tedious.

I'd love a wee wildcard inclusion of Doak or Gauld, but I'd be pretty surprised if we see any shock callups.

Barnes has been ruled out for at least 3 months. 

17 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Hmm. Agreed re they take over the chat but would be good if they'd do enough background work to help avoid that, include them in the squad if they're going to play, not interested in someone who can't make their mind up if they're Scottish or not... aye. 

Would LOVE to see Doak in there, this "he must progress through the stages" pish does my head in, he's clearly good enough to be there, just do it ffs. Having a 17yr old future star in the first team would provide SO much inspiration for kids, so many other countries do it so why not us. It's an issue with self belief IMO. 

56 minutes ago, Anders1997 said:

I can see Josh Doig being called up to replace Tierney. And Ben Doak could also receive a call up.

No I don't think so as he was named in the U-21 squad yesterday. Evidently, this was okayed as Clarke is not going to name him in the full squad.

Personally, I predict the only changes from the last squad maybe being Greg Taylor in for Kieran Tierney and perhaps another central defender such as Liam Cooper or Dominic Hyatt in for Elliott Anderson.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No I don't think so as he was named in the U-21 squad yesterday. Evidently, this was okayed as Clarke is not going to name him in the full squad.

Personally, I predict the only changes from the last squad maybe being Greg Taylor in for Kieran Tierney and perhaps another central defender such as Liam Cooper or Dominic Hyatt in for Elliott Anderson.

Greg Taylor 🤢

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Greg Taylor 🤢

Okay he is no Kieran Tierney but who is? And to be fair to him he hasn't let us down when called upon. Plus I am putting myself in Clarke's mindset here and think that is what he will do. Lets face it we need a left-back as back-up to Andy Robertson and Greg Taylor (now that Doig in in the U-21 squad) is the prime candidate.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Okay he is no Kieran Tierney but who is? And to be fair to him he hasn't let us down when called upon. Plus I am putting myself in Clarke's mindset here and think that is what he will do. Lets face it we need a left-back as back-up to Andy Robertson and Greg Taylor (now that Doig in in the U-21 squad) is the prime candidate.

Clearly it should be Doig ahead of Taylor

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I suppose he could help out with the hotel bookings if nothing else? 😉 🤣

55 minutes ago, Silversand said:

FB_IMG_1696417672817.jpg

Solid squad. Pretty much impossible to argue with any name on there.  

A few players I'd like to see in the near future, but totally understandable why Clarke doesn't see this window as the right time to throw them in. We're playing 2 of the highest ranked teams in the world. Not an ideal time to drop anyone new into the mix.

If we do indeed qualify this window, then a few new faces next time would be great. Doak and Doig might make the next squad. Who knows.

30 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Solid squad. Pretty much impossible to argue with any name on there.  

A few players I'd like to see in the near future, but totally understandable why Clarke doesn't see this window as the right time to throw them in. We're playing 2 of the highest ranked teams in the world. Not an ideal time to drop anyone new into the mix.

If we do indeed qualify this window, then a few new faces next time would be great. Doak and Doig might make the next squad. Who knows.

I miss our emojis. I agree with you, this isn't the right time to bring in youngsters this match(es) is for experience. I understand there are few ideal camps to bring in young folk, if we were playing a lower ranked team instead of France I would be supportive of Doig and Doak. Only name I'm indifferent about is Jacob Brown, and Jacob if your reading it's not personal it's just you've been in what, 10 camps and I've never seen you beyond a few minutes nor does your domestic form excite me. 

Edited by romanticscot

Greg Taylor is decent back-up. Nae point in bringing in Doig just to have him sat on the bench when he could be playing for the U21s.

I'm slightly surprised to see Kevin Nisbet in there when he's injured though, and no Lawrence Shankland. Nisbet is the better player, IMO, but at least Shankland is fit to play (I think).

Jacob Brown isnt someone I see the genius in, but at least he's clear in his commitment to the team, unlike certain others who have been called-up lately.

36 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Greg Taylor is decent back-up. Nae point in bringing in Doig just to have him sat on the bench when he could be playing for the U21s.

I'm slightly surprised to see Kevin Nisbet in there when he's injured though, and no Lawrence Shankland. Nisbet is the better player, IMO, but at least Shankland is fit to play (I think).

Jacob Brown isnt someone I see the genius in, but at least he's clear in his commitment to the team, unlike certain others who have been called-up lately.

Nisbet is fit. He played last Saturday for Millwall.