League Cup 23-24 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Nah, Aberdeen fans are shitebags, we didn’t sell out the finals against Celtic as everyone assumed we would lose. 

We sold these because everyone assumed we would pump caley easily. 

Nae sure how that's different from anyone else - see Utd v Ross County; Hearts v Gretna. Think these things snowball after a while, I thought we'd take 30,000 to the ICT final and once we got to that number everyone wanted to go. Also, aside from the chance of winning, you are more likely to take your kids to an ICT final than Rangers or Celtic.

51 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

25K tickets for Rangers and 19.5K for Aberdeen.

That's not quite true - The 8k debentures will almost entirely be blue, therefore the split is 33k v 19.5k

They've listed every pathetic 'consideration' (Lie) in order to 'justify' their decision - Neutrality wasn't on it

Huns = Home game, own end, more fans & hand reared officials (Mostly)

Sheep / Anyone else Tims apart = STFU

On 11/7/2023 at 11:23 AM, dandydunn said:

Nah, Aberdeen fans are shitebags, we didn’t sell out the finals against Celtic as everyone assumed we would lose. 

We sold these because everyone assumed we would pump caley easily. 

I get that but i'd have thought you'd at least take a good bit more than your average crowd. 

For example, we had around 8/9k vs Celtic in January  in the semi final. Would have obvs had more vs a team we'd expect a result against. 

1 hour ago, Redz said:

That's not quite true - The 8k debentures will almost entirely be blue, therefore the split is 33k v 19.5k

They've listed every pathetic 'consideration' (Lie) in order to 'justify' their decision - Neutrality wasn't on it

Huns = Home game, own end, more fans & hand reared officials (Mostly)

Sheep / Anyone else Tims apart = STFU

And not on single journalist or person within the SPFL or SFA will contest it.

Most fans will let it slide too

49 minutes ago, Redz said:

Correct, sadly!

*I notice we have a 'choice' between the most expensive or worst seats, too

I really shouldn't look at twitter but it is amazing how many rangers fans believe this is fair because they have bigger home gates.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I really shouldn't look at twitter but it is amazing how many rangers fans believe this is fair because they have bigger home gates.

Wonder if the same principle would be accepted if they reached a european final against Barca or any other club with a much bigger stadium.

Or even if they got a 45 / 55 split for cup finals against Celtic due to Celtics higher attendences.

Id have no problem if Aberdeen boycotted the final. In fact I'd be proud of the club. Sadly its going to need all the clubs or all the clubs except two to make changes to this mind set from the SFA and SPFL

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Wonder if the same principle would be accepted if they reached a european final against Barca or any other club with a much bigger stadium.

Or even if they got a 45 / 55 split for cup finals against Celtic due to Celtics higher attendences.

Bravo! Been saying the same for years

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Id have no problem if Aberdeen boycotted the final. In fact I'd be proud of the club. Sadly its going to need all the clubs or all the clubs except two to make changes to this mind set from the SFA and SPFL

Me too - Lobbying is pointless!

Serve notice at the start of each season stating that the club(s) won't take part where this deliberate bias continues

3 minutes ago, Redz said:

Bravo! Been saying the same for years

Me too - Lobbying is pointless!

Serve notice at the start of each season stating that the club(s) won't take part where this deliberate bias continues

Too many clubs are afraid of losing the old firm crowds to really stand up.

EDIT - although some clubs have cut their allocation lately so it shows the old firm crowd isn't necessary required. 

Edited by vanderark14

45 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That would delight the SFA & SPFL, they would just give them the whole stadium & probably throw in free pies & bovril 🤔

10 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

That would delight the SFA & SPFL, they would just give them the whole stadium & probably throw in free pies & bovril 🤔

t would delight them if it was only Aberdeen boycotting/standing up to this nonsense but every club told them to fuck off and created their own competition, they'd soon be begging for the clubs to come back. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

A moot point now but we discussed this on Saturday, I’d be so proud of the Hibernians if they took that stance in the same way I’d love Scotland to boycott the Saudi World Cup. Neither would or will happen tho

29 minutes ago, dan cake said:

A moot point now but we discussed this on Saturday, I’d be so proud of the Hibernians if they took that stance in the same way I’d love Scotland to boycott the Saudi World Cup. Neither would or will happen tho

This is fuckin hilarious!

Hibby cunts are to blame for this carry on after their duplicitous behaviour in 2017.

A boycott indeed 😂 isn’t that what your  lot do every week 🤣

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

Hibby cunts are to blame for this carry on after their duplicitous behaviour in 2017.

😂 

I'll raise you 'Pre-McCann Numbers' if whataboutery and deflection is your only contribution towards a number of valid points 

6 minutes ago, Redz said:

😂

I'll raise you 'Pre-McCann Numbers' if whataboutery and deflection is your only contribution towards a number of valid points 

It’s not whataboutery. It’s the root cause of your problem. The governing body and their partners were done out of money because of the way Hibs behaved. They have clearly decided ‘fuck that’ we will decide allocations from now on. 
Try and get out of your two cheeks obsession and look at the thing properly for once 🙄

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

It’s not whataboutery. It’s the root cause of your problem. The governing body and their partners were done out of money because of the way Hibs behaved. They have clearly decided ‘fuck that’ we will decide allocations from now on. 
Try and get out of your two cheeks obsession and look at the thing properly for once 🙄

I don't think there is a connection between whatever hibs did and the upcoming league cup final.

Aberdeen asked for 50/50 on tickets with the caveat they would return any not sold by a specific date to allow rangers to buy them. Sound reasonable to me

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think there is a connection between whatever hibs did and the upcoming league cup final.

Aberdeen asked for 50/50 on tickets with the caveat they would return any not sold by a specific date to allow rangers to buy them. Sound reasonable to me

There absolutely is VA.

The governing body were done out of money. Even selling properly section by section as Alan Burrows did at Motherwell there is no guarantee there wouldn’t be some empty seats. As a result of the Hibby cunts costing everyone a fortune the governing body have decided to take control to maximise revenue.

Its a shame for Aberdeen as one of probably two clubs who could justify a 50/50 split, but point the finger of blame where it belongs, down Leith Walk!

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

There absolutely is VA.

The governing body were done out of money. Even selling properly section by section as Alan Burrows did at Motherwell there is no guarantee there wouldn’t be some empty seats. As a result of the Hibby cunts costing everyone a fortune the governing body have decided to take control to maximise revenue.

Its a shame for Aberdeen as one of probably two clubs who could justify a 50/50 split, but point the finger of blame where it belongs, down Leith Walk!

I'm not sure what happened with hibs. Did they ask for 50% and then not give them back?